Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

120 Pages«<107108109110111>»
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
Ericsson
#2161 Posted : Thursday, February 03, 2022 9:52:25 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
I just hope not by KCB. They have a loaded pocket waiting for a target to waste money on.

KCB won't pass as it will be declared too dominant.
HFCK will be acquired by Equity, Co-op bank or a foreign entity

Equity by some metrics is bigger than KCB.

Dominant in the mortgage sector
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#2162 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2022 2:37:40 PM

Signs of life? https://www.businessdail...et-loss-sh593-29-3766860

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#2163 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2022 7:44:43 PM

[quote=obiero]Signs of life? https://www.businessdail...t-loss-sh593-29-3766860[/quote]

Waaah Boss. Kwani you invested in all the monkey stocks?
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#2164 Posted : Friday, April 01, 2022 8:28:02 PM

maka wrote:
[quote=obiero]Signs of life? https://www.businessdail...t-loss-sh593-29-3766860[/quote]

Like COOP? KCB?

littledove
#2165 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2022 7:57:46 AM

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/hf-group-reports-first-q1-0-net-profit-in-four-years-3810960
HF Group has posted a net profit in the three months to March period for the first time in four years on the back of growth in operating income and low loan provisioning.

The firm posted a net profit of Sh34.2 million in the first quarter of the year, a reversal from a Sh191.8 million net loss in the same period last year.

The performance in the first quarter could point to a net profit in the full-year period for the tier 2 bank that has been posting net losses since 2018.
HF Group chief executive Robert Kibaara attributed the performance to a business transformation strategy that has seen the lender focus on growing its SME and retail banking and robust cost and non-performing loans management measures.

“Diversification into full banking has led to significant revenue growth, increase in inexpensive current and savings accounts (CASA) deposits, hence a significant reduction in the cost of funds. The bank has also benefited from growth in non-funded income emanating from diversified channels, growth in customer numbers and digital transactions,” said Mr Kibaara.
The Group states that all its operating subsidiaries have turned to profitability over the period including the banking arm (HFC), HFDI and insurance agency.

The Group has completed the sale of its largest project, Komarock Heights apartments in Komarock estate with 480 units, and also commenced its titling process which once completed is expected to raise revenues as collected receivables and closure of the project.

The business has accelerated the sale of its property projects, having sold over 1100 houses over the last two years.

There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
obiero
#2166 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2022 12:06:13 PM

obiero
#2167 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2022 4:31:12 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Like COOP? KCB?

Watch and learn

obiero
#2168 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 8:15:16 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:
HFCK back to lows of ~3.60. Losses are the order of the day. Is there any hope for this so called diamond in the rough...let us wait and watch

The only stock that I am currently eyeing, buying in cautious bits

Whyyyyy? You enjoy the pain too much. There are "cheap" banks that could give you better returns.
Even foreign buyers would want a bank with less drama and there are plenty of Tier 2 and Tier 3 banks up for sale.

He's waiting for a buyout.

More like imminent buyout

The exchange bar knows a lot

Ericsson
#2169 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 11:23:22 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:
HFCK back to lows of ~3.60. Losses are the order of the day. Is there any hope for this so called diamond in the rough...let us wait and watch

Whyyyyy? You enjoy the pain too much. There are "cheap" banks that could give you better returns.
Even foreign buyers would want a bank with less drama and there are plenty of Tier 2 and Tier 3 banks up for sale.

In advising people to buy dead companies
obiero
#2170 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 6:39:49 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Hehe. Time and tide respect no man. You cant stop the rain. Watch and learn

littledove
#2171 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 8:31:41 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

sidian was bought at 4.3b for 83% which values sidian @5b.
The valuation was arrived at using “a price-to-book multiple of 1.1x based on the audited 31 March 2022 shareholders’ equity of Sidian,” Access Bank said in a regulatory filing by its parent company on Wednesday seen by PREMIUM TIMES.
Total assets around 43b. How does that compare with housing finance which is bigger than sidian. I understand there
are some banks conducting due diligence what should we expect if the same valuation metric is applied.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#2172 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 11:28:48 AM

littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

The valuation was arrived at using “a price-to-book multiple of 1.1x based on the audited 31 March 2022 shareholders’ equity of Sidian,” Access Bank said in a regulatory filing by its parent company on Wednesday seen by PREMIUM TIMES.
Total assets around 43b. How does that compare with housing finance which is bigger than sidian. I understand there
are some banks conducting due diligence what should we expect if the same valuation metric is applied.

Sidian makes a higher profit than Housing Finance.
Sidian was in compliance with all statutory ratios while HFCK is in breach
obiero
#2173 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 1:35:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Jibu swali, what is the asset size of HF vs Sidian

VituVingiSana
#2174 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 3:25:16 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Even if the BS is larger the reality is that the NET ASSETS is what matters. Add to that the QUALITY of the assets. Buyers will not pay full price for loans that are in default.

HF probably comes with a lot of baggage and needs a lot of fresh capital to buttress the coming NPLs and Provisions as the economy keeps hurting. Good luck!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#2175 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 7:01:26 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Even if the BS is larger the reality is that the NET ASSETS is what matters. Add to that the QUALITY of the assets. Buyers will not pay full price for loans that are in default.

HF probably comes with a lot of baggage and needs a lot of fresh capital to buttress the coming NPLs and Provisions as the economy keeps hurting. Good luck!

Asante big brother. I need all the luck as I am looking to buy an extra 200,000 shares by next week

VituVingiSana
#2176 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 7:44:06 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Asante big brother. I need all the luck as I am looking to buy an extra 200,000 shares by next week
Sad I rather you do not but it is your money.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#2177 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 8:06:35 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Once I commit to a course, I don't stop. Thanks for the attempt to dissuade.. I know fair value is KES 12, but will consider jumping out at any price above KES 7, which will print before end of this year ceteris paribus. Bookmark this

My 2 cents
#2178 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 1:07:21 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Once I commit to a course, I don't stop. Thanks for the attempt to dissuade.. I know fair value is KES 12, but will consider jumping out at any price above KES 7, which will print before end of this year ceteris paribus. Bookmark this

“It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.” - Warren Buffet

HF is not even a fair company, it is a rubbish company. The 600k you are about to spend is an expensive education in investing. Please buy Safaricom instead.
obiero
#2179 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 1:41:06 PM

My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

“It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.” - Warren Buffet

HF is not even a fair company, it is a rubbish company. The 600k you are about to spend is an expensive education in investing. Please buy Safaricom instead.

Let's meet here God willing in December 2022

sparkly
#2180 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 4:11:30 PM

obiero wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
littledove wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
piedpiper wrote:

Let's meet here God willing in December 2022

Jubilee killed the small banks with rate caps. It will take a decade before the small banks can thrive again.
Life is short. Live passionately.