wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages«<3031323334>»
Hogwash press!
FRM2011
#621 Posted : Thursday, July 06, 2017 3:10:57 PM

Daily Nation's slide to gutter territory continues..

Today they run a story to the effect that youths in Kenyas slums are already arming themselves for violence during elections. The reporter, stella cherono, quotes youth group leaders in Kibra as the source of her story.

Turns out the youth leaders she is quoting have never met anyone from Nation. They were shocked to hear their names are in the newspapers. She never stepped into Kibra and pens such a sensitive and inflammatory article.

T-Bag
#622 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 9:01:29 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

http://www.nation.co.ke/...96162-1si0nv/index.html

NMG had this story today and from the look of things, it will leave them with egg all over their faces. Not that they mind. They have been doing all in their power to join the gutter press league.

The grand mullah will be going to court tomorrow. He is so pissed off he has uploaded the real statement of the governor on his twitter TL.

If anyone at NMG could only use their faculties kidogo. 5B stolen in 3 years ?? From a budget where 70% is operational expenses like salaries, allowances and fuel for county vehicles. It would mean the governor stole the entire capital budget. Year after year. Really NMG ??

How was the grand heist executed ?? Is it through a complex web of fake companies and phantom contractors ?? Nope.

Apparently the funds were transferred from the county account at CBK to the governor's account through RTGS. And the editorial board allowed the story to run without asking even the basic questions. Jeez, CBK vets each and every transaction on IFMIS.

Anyway, I have noted even an erstwhile level-headed guy like Mutuma mathiu is now a died-in-the-wool uthamaki defender. And he also thinks Sonko would be a great governor. Dunno whether its mid-life crisis.

Facing a possible legal suit, EACC has just thrown nation under the bus. The CEO denies they ever talked to the Nation. EACC only requested for the governor's bank statement yesterday. The bank statement Nation were alluding to did not come from EACC. It was a river-road statement and only Nation can tell us where it came from.

Just like it takes great men to build empires, James mwangi of Equity or Michael Joseph for safaricom, it takes a special breed of losers to take a brand like Nation and turn it into gutter press within a decade.

Do a good objective research on your "Great men" before you give them a pass. Do a case study on the rise and fall of Trade Bank during the moi's regime
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
quicksand
#623 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 9:59:46 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

NMG had this story today and from the look of things, it will leave them with egg all over their faces. Not that they mind. They have been doing all in their power to join the gutter press league.

The grand mullah will be going to court tomorrow. He is so pissed off he has uploaded the real statement of the governor on his twitter TL.

If anyone at NMG could only use their faculties kidogo. 5B stolen in 3 years ?? From a budget where 70% is operational expenses like salaries, allowances and fuel for county vehicles. It would mean the governor stole the entire capital budget. Year after year. Really NMG ??

How was the grand heist executed ?? Is it through a complex web of fake companies and phantom contractors ?? Nope.

Apparently the funds were transferred from the county account at CBK to the governor's account through RTGS. And the editorial board allowed the story to run without asking even the basic questions. Jeez, CBK vets each and every transaction on IFMIS.

Anyway, I have noted even an erstwhile level-headed guy like Mutuma mathiu is now a died-in-the-wool uthamaki defender. And he also thinks Sonko would be a great governor. Dunno whether its mid-life crisis.

Facing a possible legal suit, EACC has just thrown nation under the bus. The CEO denies they ever talked to the Nation. EACC only requested for the governor's bank statement yesterday. The bank statement Nation were alluding to did not come from EACC. It was a river-road statement and only Nation can tell us where it came from.

Just like it takes great men to build empires, James mwangi of Equity or Michael Joseph for safaricom, it takes a special breed of losers to take a brand like Nation and turn it into gutter press within a decade.

What you meant to write was 'dyed-in-the-wool' ...
I have read the article linked and I do not see anything written there that leaves NMG exposed to a loss in the case of a libel suit...its all he-said, we-have-seen ..its weasel words top to bottom.
The other thing to note is that you are a self-declared shill for NASA, whatever you say invites skepticism. If you are accusing NMG of something because they hit a guy in your camp, you could also be equally guilty of trying to neuter what could be valid claims of embezzlement. You do not have the moral capital to attack the newspaper my fren smile
FRM2011
#624 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 10:38:25 AM

quicksand wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

I have read the article linked and I do not see anything written there that leaves NMG exposed to a loss in the case of a libel suit...its all he-said, we-have-seen ..its weasel words top to bottom.
The other thing to note is that you are a self-declared shill for NASA, whatever you say invites skepticism. If you are accusing NMG of something because they hit a guy in your camp, you could also be equally guilty of trying to neuter what could be valid claims of embezzlement. You do not have the moral capital to attack the newspaper my fren smile

Have you seen the EACC letter ? They wrote an apology to the governor. The CEO of EACC specifically stated that he never talked to Nation. He actually indicates the commission has engaged their lawyer to sue the Nation over the false article and quoting him as a source knowing well they hadn't spoken to him.

The headline stated that a judge had frozen the governor's account. It turns out the EACC had only gone to court to seek an order to obtain the governor's statement. They had not even seen the governor's statement as at Friday. Their court reporter could have confirmed at the court registry what the court order was.

EACC had no idea of the alleged transactions totalling 5.2B. They were made up by NMG from their own river road statement given to them by whoever had bribed them for the story.

A headline or an editorial in a mainstream newspaper must be sanctioned by the editorial board. Its why Dennis Galava was fired. This one was a cooked-up story. Nothing was remotely accurate or true. They quoted the CEO of EACC without talking to him. They knew they were dealing with a fake statement. But still proceeded to publish a headline article.

The rumour going around is that the story earned the editors Kes. 20 million. Nation has become gutter press.
quicksand
#625 Posted : Friday, July 07, 2017 10:49:28 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
quicksand wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

Have you seen the EACC letter ? They wrote an apology to the governor. The CEO of EACC specifically stated that he never talked to Nation. He actually indicates the commission has engaged their lawyer to sue the Nation over the false article and quoting him as a source knowing well they hadn't spoken to him.

The headline stated that a judge had frozen the governor's account. It turns out the EACC had only gone to court to seek an order to obtain the governor's statement. They had not even seen the governor's statement as at Friday. Their court reporter could have confirmed at the court registry what the court order was.

EACC had no idea of the alleged transactions totalling 5.2B. They were made up by NMG from their own river road statement given to them by whoever had bribed them for the story.

A headline or an editorial in a mainstream newspaper must be sanctioned by the editorial board. Its why Dennis Galava was fired. This one was a cooked-up story. Nothing was remotely accurate or true. They quoted the CEO of EACC without talking to him. They knew they were dealing with a fake statement. But still proceeded to publish a headline article.

The rumour going around is that the story earned the editors Kes. 20 million. Nation has become gutter press.

Fair enough. I haven't seen this letter. Have you?
Do enlighten us by posting it so that we stop evaluating one side of events.

#626 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 8:20:12 PM

This presidential debate is a such a disaster!
All the media combined are blaming the candidates for not turning up but when all fail to turn up then maybe, just maybe the problem is the media...

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#627 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 8:26:08 PM

2012 wrote:
All the media combined are blaming the candidates for not turning up but when all fail to turn up then maybe, just maybe the problem is the media...

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Just awesome. Now they are whining
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#628 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 8:31:59 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#629 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 8:47:54 PM

Serves them right, of late they have been biased towards the elite.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Pesa Nane
#630 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 9:40:15 PM

bloated gloated media. BK
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
alma1
#631 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 9:46:51 PM

hahahahahaha!

So the guys going for an interview blame the interviewer for not telling them the questions that shall be asked.

hahahahaha..

I'm telling you.

Now I know why this thread was created...Hahahahaha.

Listen Murchr...Apana leo.

Cowards do not dictate the battlefield.

This is so funny I'm actually laughing.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

murchr
#632 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 9:53:26 PM

I would be a no show if the interviewer didn't agree with me on the time, availability and the terms of engagement. And stop spitting migunas words here. The interview is ongoing and it doesn't start or stop at our television sets. If anything the real hustlers are out there still working. Not seated to watch TV. MAINSTREAM MEDIA is loosing it's relevance
alma1
#633 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 9:57:24 PM

murchr wrote:
I would be no show if the interviewer didn't agree with me on the time, availability and the terms of engagement. And stop spitting migunas words here. The interview is ongoing and it doesn't start or stop at our television sets. If anything the real hustlers are out there still working. Not seated to watch TV. MAINSTREAM MEDIA is loosing it's relevance

hahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!

I'm dying here.

Ati mainstream media. Now we have Trump speak in Kenya. So the alternative media is who? Pauline Njoroge or Robert Alai...hahahhahahah..

My goodness.

I'll say this again. These are cowards. Can't even show up.

Ati mainstream media...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You wanted them to show up where? k24 or Kameme? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Cowards!!!!
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Wakanyugi
#634 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 10:01:43 PM

2012 wrote:

I switched off when the panel started insulting members of the audience who dared disagree with their precious opinions. That is when I knew the media had lost this one. Humility is often an asset but clearly these people missed the class where this was taught.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
murchr
#635 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 10:07:12 PM

alma1 wrote:
murchr wrote:
I would be no show if the interviewer didn't agree with me on the time, availability and the terms of engagement. And stop spitting migunas words here. The interview is ongoing and it doesn't start or stop at our television sets. If anything the real hustlers are out there still working. Not seated to watch TV. MAINSTREAM MEDIA is loosing it's relevance

I'm dying here.

Ati mainstream media. Now we have Trump speak in Kenya. So the alternative media is who? Pauline Njoroge or Robert Alai...hahahhahahah..

My goodness.

Ati mainstream media...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You wanted them to show up where? k24 or Kameme? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Cowards!!!!

Mainstream media is dead. That was the best medicine ever. Even the nobodies with less than 100 votes didn't show up. Useless
murchr
#636 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 11:19:39 PM

For the lazy ones like me vunilieni tu

Prof Anyang' Ny'ong'o wrote:
............The reasons the two candidates’ representatives gave were very similar and very valid.

First, is the issue of the setting up of DBL itself as a private sector initiative, ready to do business by organising presidential debates on live television which will, without doubt, make some substantial money from advertising.

DBL itself may, or may not, benefit tremendously from the advertising cash earned but the stations will definitely get something handsome. The TV stations are unlikely to be getting into this business as missionaries; that is unlikely to be their newfound contribution to philanthropy at election time.

Politicians know that election time is when there is a high premium to adverstise and the media falls into good times in such moments. Bring popular politicians on the screen for a verbal duel and all their supporters and detractors will no doubt be glued. Advertisers will no doubt scramble for space, definitely at a premium price. Now, begin following my trend of thought if you are still wondering where I am going.

Second, which politician will, therefore, like to be used “opportunistically” as Raphael Tuju put it? To begin with, a participant in the debate such as President Uhuru and Raila would need full disclosure about DBL: Its directors, the purpose for which the firm was set up and whether any other political entity — locally or abroad — has some interest or influence on it. These are pertinent issues that cannot be swept under the rug. DBL should be aware that sections of the public are asking these questions. Kenyans have become much more aware of their “need to know” than ever before.

Third, both Raila and Uhuru are themselves “walking television stations.” In other words, wherever they are, the media will run after them looking for news. They sell. But they have never asked any media owner to pay them royalties although they make money for them. They get something in return which is difficult to quantify — publicity. Ask yourself now, why would Raila and Uhuru risk getting some publicity whose content they are not sure of, when they know fully well that just by staying away from the debate that will itself be news? I may sound like a cynic but the question is worth asking. Swallow that and I will tell you another.

Fourth, I have talked about content, let me elaborate. In the US, where such debates have become an accepted tradition, there are some procedures that are always followed, and which are well known to both the candidates and the debate organisers. In fact, these procedures were worked on quite some time ago to the extent that they have become part of the political culture in that country. In our case, these procedures still exist in the heads, or perhaps the files, of institutions such as DBL. Advertising these procedures in the newspapers and assuming that presidential candidates will read and agree with them automatically is perhaps presumptive at best and naive at worst.

http://www.the-star.co.k...dential-debates_c1592754
Musimo
#637 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:26:08 AM

alma1 wrote:
murchr wrote:

I'm dying here.

My goodness.

Cowards!!!!

Kenya's mainstream media less K24 and KBC have had beef with the incumbent since the digital switch was made final, and even with the intervention of the Aga Khan with Matiangi's boss (He was in charge at that time at Info,comms ministry), and I get why. On the TV that I watch, there are 50+ channels on it that I would rather watch than watch the main stream channels, meaning advert revenues, viewership has fallen (I'd rather watch terminator 2 on Ace tv or Commando on BrandPlus tv than AfroCinema on Citizen). So in a way their elitist mainstream media chest-thumping was shattered. So, the incumbent thinks...they already are against me, why bother to show up? His copycat thinks: incumbent aint showing up, why should I? Both teams can then spin the no-consultation line, even go as far as indicating the tiers created talking about Leading candidates and the rest can be shown as media not giving equal coverage to all, and their division of the two,opinion polls or not,should never have taken place. Why talk of equality then go ahead and show the presidential candidates that they are not equal?
IMHO i think trump copied uhuru on the media onslaught...remember the 'gazeti ni ya kufungia nyama' phrase?
#638 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:34:22 AM

I think the mainstream media is the biggest losers in these elections. While the biggest winner is without a doubt, social media.

It's time our mainstream media redesigned their strategies or they will die.

Watch this space.

BBI will solve it
:)
thuks
#639 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 3:14:35 PM

According to the substandard, 48.9 % + 38.1 % + 26.7 % + unknown % (public) = 100 % of KQ ownership
https://www.standardmedi...ontrol-of-kenya-airways
I care!
Pesa Nane
#640 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:04:13 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.