OIL Officially found in TURKANA
youcan'tstopusnow
#201 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:51:25 PM

hisah wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Turnover actually went down.
hisah, how long did it take for Mongolia stocks to start zooming? Hehesmile

4 years. Boy when the bull came, it was a bison smile

Sawa. Will definitely be sticking around...
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#202 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:12:59 PM

Turkana oil find a blessing that calls for restrained celebration
http://www.businessdaily...-/14hxta8z/-/index.html
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#203 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:20:58 PM

Kenya is in great need of a Government owned company that oversees exploration and production. Yaani a Kenyan equivalent of SONANGOL or Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.

(Ama is that the new mandate of NOCK?smile )

This is probable in the long term.

Otherwise, we will just be getting screwed, huko nyuma tena!

GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
wanyee
#204 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:35:39 PM

next stop Magadi ..Gilgil?
Impunity
#205 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:25:57 AM

I hope this "find" will lessen the appetite of Nairophy plots and the perenial rural-urban migration will be shifted to the North.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

harrydre
#206 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:00:42 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

There is need to stop this excitement and think:-

1) Are we being conned? I have been seeing big chunks of big buck changing hands.

haya!

2) Is the government taking a second to think before signing some of these agreements? What makes us believe there are 2 billion barrels of oil. What if these guys suck this whole thing in 5 yrs and disappear? What makes us think they will pump it after the 5th year while govt takes 100%. if they down their tools and demand a 50-50 then, what can we do? after all, we don't have the skills.

revenues sharing

This is the point I ask, where are our Engineers. close to 60 yrs after independence and we still relying on outsiders.

3) The Turkana People, is anyone even thinking of these people?

i.am.back!!!!
pariah
#207 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:51:52 AM

harrydre wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

1) Are we being conned? I have been seeing big chunks of big buck changing hands.

haya!

2) Is the government taking a second to think before signing some of these agreements? What makes us believe there are 2 billion barrels of oil. What if these guys suck this whole thing in 5 yrs and disappear? What makes us think they will pump it after the 5th year while govt takes 100%. if they down their tools and demand a 50-50 then, what can we do? after all, we don't have the skills.

revenues sharing

This is the point I ask, where are our Engineers. close to 60 yrs after independence and we still relying on outsiders.

are you a saddist naturally/? for the life of me i cant remember hearing/reading anything positive from you

but you still pass valid points

some people are so brain washed to not expect anything positive from their motherland
butterflyke
#208 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:22:59 AM

Oilberg/Oiroberg is in the making

Pray
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
mwekez@ji
#209 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:15:49 AM

harrydre wrote:

haya!

revenues sharing

1.d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

2. revenue sharing agreement: Tullow Oil/GOK
Year 1: 80/20
Year 2: 60/40
Year 3: 40/60
Year 4: 20/80
Year 5: 00/100

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

3. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
McReggae
#210 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:35:31 AM

We have local engineers from NOCK working with Tullow.

Tullow invested it's money in exploring the oil, if they had failed they would have burnt their fingers, now that they have succeeded we are rushing to think they wanna con us.....c'mon kenyans!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mwekez@ji
#211 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:42:34 AM

McReggae wrote:

Tullow invested it's money in exploring the oil, if they had failed they would have burnt their fingers, now that they have succeeded we are rushing to think they wanna con us.....c'mon kenyans!!!!

On point 1 of @Harrydre post above, we are outrightly been conned!!! Read the link written 'Haya!'

2 and 3 d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
mkeiyd
#212 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:24:13 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
McReggae wrote:

On point 1 of @Harrydre post above, we are outrightly been conned!!! Read the link written 'Haya!'

How many Kenyans were willing to put their money to oil exploration before the discovery? It was a great risk so stop crying now that oil has been found. There are other blocks which can be bought,let those who think we are being conned put their money where their mouths are.
Several blocks are owned by speculators, can you fault them?
I don't think so.
To those who say now that Tullow is done with exploring their work is done, they were not here on charity, they got to make some profits and good ones at that.
The higher the risk,the higher the returns.

mwekez@ji
#213 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:40:54 AM

mkeiyd wrote:
There are other blocks which can be bought,let those who think we are being conned put their money where their mouths are.
I don't think so.

Are you the minister who held that land speculatively because if you are not, you should know better!!!
McReggae
#214 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:54:03 AM

mkeiyd wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
McReggae wrote:

How many Kenyans were willing to put their money to oil exploration before the discovery? It was a great risk so stop crying now that oil has been found. There are other blocks which can be bought,let those who think we are being conned put their money where their mouths are.
I don't think so.
To those who say now that Tullow is done with exploring their work is done, they were not here on charity, they got to make some profits and good ones at that.
The higher the risk,the higher the returns.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
On point, Tullow were never here for charity!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
harrydre
#215 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:37:02 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
harrydre wrote:

haya!

revenues sharing

1.d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

2. revenue sharing agreement: Tullow Oil/GOK
Year 1: 80/20
Year 2: 60/40
Year 3: 40/60
Year 4: 20/80
Year 5: 00/100

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

3. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

what makes you think they will keep extracting after year 5? Maybe they know by 3rd year there will be very little crude left..so what do we get as Kenya?
i.am.back!!!!
harrydre
#216 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:47:36 AM

pariah wrote:
harrydre wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

haya!

revenues sharing

are you a saddist naturally/? for the life of me i cant remember hearing/reading anything positive from you

but you still pass valid points

some people are so brain washed to not expect anything positive from their motherland

i dont need to repeat the positive it's been said over and over again. think of what could go wrong based on what you know about other african oil producing countries. it has nothing to do with brain wash!
i.am.back!!!!
theman192000
#217 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:56:48 AM

Never thought I'd read on Wazua members complaining that speculators paid licenses for oil blocks and later sold them at a mark up.

Is this not exactly what we do with stocks and land/plots?

Talk about the kettle calling the pot black!
hisah
#218 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:01:10 PM

KE an ICT hub
KE - Nairobi - a financial hub

Those two will pay for many decades to come.

You should be focusing on the hot money which will be trying to grab anything and everything going forward. Form companies, groups etc to take advantage of the wave.

Now I understand why the mania of golf courses and holiday homes is rife with someone running an expensive yatch thing at the coast.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#219 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:17:11 PM

And some prophesies to help calm down the doubting Thomas'
Kazi lazima iendelee liwe liwalo smile

Quote:
The nation has been blessed and made great in many ways in previous days. But, the Lord says there will now come forth out of her a 'shooting branch' that will seem to come from nowhere. It will shoot forth as a wide stem, with wide branches, and will bear much, much fruit. The Lord says you'll see it and you'll know it. You'll hear about it. It'll be in the news headlines. It'll be broadcast all over the world! You'll be talked about. You'll even be the envy of other nations. They'll say; "Why Kenya? What is it about Kenya?" The Lord says My favour is coming upon you, O Kenya, for you've found favour in My sight!

Quote:
I will develop Kenya in technologies, international trade, and in international business dealings! I will raise Kenya to become a cosmopolitan society, and the world will notice!

Quote:
"You'll even be the envy of other nations. They'll say; "Why Kenya? What is it about Kenya?" The Lord says My favour is coming upon you, O Kenya, for you've found favour in My sight!"
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Mtu Biz
#220 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:16:42 PM

hisah wrote:
And some prophesies to help calm down the doubting Thomas'
Kazi lazima iendelee liwe liwalo smile

Quote:
The nation has been blessed and made great in many ways in previous days. But, the Lord says there will now come forth out of her a 'shooting branch' that will seem to come from nowhere. It will shoot forth as a wide stem, with wide branches, and will bear much, much fruit. The Lord says you'll see it and you'll know it. You'll hear about it. It'll be in the news headlines. It'll be broadcast all over the world! You'll be talked about. You'll even be the envy of other nations. They'll say; "Why Kenya? What is it about Kenya?" The Lord says My favour is coming upon you, O Kenya, for you've found favour in My sight!

Quote:
I will develop Kenya in technologies, international trade, and in international business dealings! I will raise Kenya to become a cosmopolitan society, and the world will notice!

Quote:
"You'll even be the envy of other nations. They'll say; "Why Kenya? What is it about Kenya?" The Lord says My favour is coming upon you, O Kenya, for you've found favour in My sight!"

d'oh! which prophet said these.. weka rink
Sola Scriptura