wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages<12345>»
Journalist & Blogger Dennis Itumbi arrested
pariah
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:00:58 AM

the guy cant hack anything, look at the security level of the websites he runs, just another idiot on UK's payroll running GEMA vitriol
alma
#42 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 6:52:26 AM

pariah wrote:
the guy cant hack anything, look at the security level of the websites he runs, just another idiot on UK's payroll running GEMA vitriol

You got that right!

Rollout; go hack that email as you claim you can ama unyamaze.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
TAZ
#43 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:37:00 AM

pariah wrote:

Can you support your claim on UK.....whats all the Fuss about GEMA, they've just decided to name UK as their defacto leader which was quite obvious anyway. Look at Nyanza, Western and other regions they have also done the same. As someone said, when Kikuyus come together its always viewed as tribalism lakini if it happens in other communities its democracy!

@Alma.....once again you surprise me, aren't you the same person who warned Wazuans on what they post yet you now appear to fully support @ pariah. What has changed......at that time it was about RAO but now its UK.
dunkang
#44 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:43:07 AM

And @ Lady Admin doesn't find it necessary to 'user' them nor freeze their threads.

Moderation it is.

It is only Moderation when it is directed to others and never to the GEMA community!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

maka
#45 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:40:23 AM

murchr wrote:
alma wrote:
murchr wrote:

He got the info from sources and the cops are out to finya him until he squeezes out who has been informing him.

Are you saying that he is covering up for someone who could have obtained material illegally?

That is also illegal.

Journalists are allowed to conceal their sources of information

...I disagree there is the Judith miller case kindly take time to go through it then you will know that a good lawyer can squash the reporter's priviledge not to name your source theory.
possunt quia posse videntur
Manyala
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:14:37 PM

Sadly, we have people here making statement that they cannot substatiate. When you ask them to provide supporting evidence, they come up with additional theories.

Others are challenged to prove what they claim they can do; and they change the subject to abuses.

On the GEMA issue, did I get it right, that they are seeking 2 million signatures to have the ICC case to be postpone until after the elections?
KenyanLyrics
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 1:23:14 PM

alma
#48 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:22:14 PM

TAZ wrote:
pariah wrote:

@Alma.....once again you surprise me, aren't you the same person who warned Wazuans on what they post yet you now appear to fully support @ pariah. What has changed......at that time it was about RAO but now its UK.

Taz i totally agree with pariah that he can't hack diddly, let alone a website. You can sue me for that.

I warned and like I said, I stand by what I said. One of my sources

"Of late, he offered consultancy services for many politicians, including Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta. β€œThe family members have called and sent SMS messages to so many top politicians that Itumbi works for, but they have refused to reply, which begs the question why?” a source told the Jackal News." Rink Here

You also can't sue me for agreeing with someone else.

Read the tea leaves.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
alma
#49 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:37:22 PM

@Taz if you want more, I can send it to you via email.

My warning was to you joining in this online party of bashing the other as you really don't know who you are dealing with. It is not only one party doing this, all the others are doing the same. It's just one party seems to be better than the other at hiding their tracks. So yes, be careful online.
TAZ
#50 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:48:31 PM

@ Alma.....lets cut the hypocrisy, give me your thoughts on RAO and UK!
alma
#51 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 6:29:06 PM

TAZ wrote:
@ Alma.....lets cut the hypocrisy, give me your thoughts on RAO and UK!

I don't care about RAO and UK especially in this thread. I care about law and decent behavior.

Someone hacked emails.Someone is supposed to go to jail for that. Someone was used someone, and is regretting why?

My warning was more to bloggers than opinioneted people like magigi. Be very careful. The world has changed and you unfortunately can't see it.

I've been blogging for over 12 years. So this is like a history lesson to me. Be careful what you post online. It will come back to bite you. And the people who bite will be your friends. Opinions are ok. But being paid for opinions is dangerous.

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs

Apply it to your life especially as a blogger, a twitterer.

I'm writing an article for Forbes about this, ask me for the link when it's live.

By the way, search for Uhurus budget online. You will see that some of your heros on twitter are fake.

Disclaimer: It could be fake.

Soon you will see RAO's budget online.

To answer you question.

I support none. You are being used by both. Just that one has been caught earlier than the other one.

I want the crying president. She was very pretty.

In the meantime, listen to good music from the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

murchr
#52 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 6:51:38 PM

Manyala wrote:
Sadly, we have people here making statement that they cannot substatiate. When you ask them to provide supporting evidence, they come up with additional theories.

Others are challenged to prove what they claim they can do; and they change the subject to abuses.

On the GEMA issue, did I get it right, that they are seeking 2 million signatures to have the ICC case to be postpone until after the elections?

Get over the 844 syndrome and do your own research then make your own conclusion.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#53 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:02:03 PM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:
alma wrote:
murchr wrote:

He got the info from sources and the cops are out to finya him until he squeezes out who has been informing him.

Are you saying that he is covering up for someone who could have obtained material illegally?

That is also illegal.

Journalists are allowed to conceal their sources of information

...I disagree there is the Judith miller case kindly take time to go through it then you will know that a good lawyer can squash the reporter's priviledge not to name your source theory.

Best case.....Puruwanja la mihadarati, were the journalists arrested?

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
TAZ
#54 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:06:42 PM

@ Alma....well said my friend, i appreciate that.

Btw just to be clear, in my opinion RAO and UK should be given a clear NO by Kenyans in terms of their presidential ambitions but kama its between those two kwa ballot i'd prefer UK because he's still an innocent man in terms of ICC and has proven he's not a tribalist (2002 elections and referendum). Actually most ODM diehards were big fans of the guy after the 2005 referendum. I'm aware some Kenyans might be on his payroll but show me a politician who is not doing so. If you look at UK as a Kyuk or RAO as a Luo then you have a problem. I think Tuju, PK, MM or Karua would be fantastic as President but lets face it they won't get votes.
alma
#55 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:23:58 PM

Great Taz

At least we agree to agree or to disagree. My worry is for those bloggers in Kenya who will be used to support a particular cause. They are actually in political party's budgets. If you believe the recent online posts.

When you are paid, you had better be believing what you are told. Otherwise you are in trouble.

You have no idea how many times I've been asked to push a particular agenda online. Some of the guys are here on Wazua. As a Kenyan the temptation is big.

But you have to think hard.

Opinions should never ever be regulated on a forum like wazua. But paid mf's should be stopped. That is the onus on Wazua admins. They know who's been paid and who's expressing an opinion.

I will give you a few links to follow online

http://jukwaa.proboards....;thread=6742&page=1

http://kenya.rcbowen.com...mp;t=22612&start=25

I have more, just don't want the cops in my living room.

This is not an issue about a journalist hacking into emails. Actually that is fair game. As everyone needs to be on the straight and narrow. You want journalists to do another mihadarati story.

This is a case where someone is being investigated for threatening witnesses with dire consequences in their lives if they "lie". Listen to his audio. Was he set up? Probably.

In Kenya, that is a crime. In the ICC, the fellow is in trouble. For you?

Have your opinions and stick by them. Shout them out online if you have to. No one should stop you from having opinions.

But when you go into the dark side. Giving out the names of witnesses, giving out state documents. You had better be ready to answer the questions that come to you. Who paid you? Where are you in your time of need?

RAO, Uk, or whoever. Don't fall for easy money. You will end up shot like Mungiki guys.
tycho
#56 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:56:11 PM

alma wrote:

When you are paid, you had better be believing what you are told. Otherwise you are in trouble.

Believing won't get anyone out of trouble, it will only help them bear the consequences of their actions.

And given that someone will opt to rob a bank to be rich and even to provide for his family, it is expected that some people will take risky jobs for the sake of money, or even to save their tribes.

The only safe thing to do is to act and speak with love for all humanity.
fantony
#57 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 4:04:32 PM

mm
QW25091985
#58 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:05:44 PM

yeah its a very very thin line

Krugernov
#59 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:48:17 PM

QW25091985 wrote:

aiiigh and how was he caught . i though being online is as anonymous as it can get !

You have no idea what the web has become lately. Just google on Uber cookies and how they are such a nuisance, and it doesn't stop there...

Nothing like anonymous if you have a google account, a smartphone that syncs and frequent smartblogs (remembers you automatically). You are much more anonymous walking in broad daylight in the middle of a traffic free Kenyatta avenue in town than surfing the web "anonymously".

Nothing should be smart in your life if you value privacy
Thiong'o
#60 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 9:02:25 AM

YesuWangu wrote:
Krugernov wrote:
QW25091985 wrote:

aiiigh and how was he caught . i though being online is as anonymous as it can get !

You have no idea what the web has become lately. Just google on Uber cookies and how they are such a nuisance, and it doesn't stop there...

Nothing like anonymous if you have a google account, a smartphone that syncs and frequent smartblogs (remembers you automatically). You are much more anonymous walking in broad daylight in the middle of a traffic free Kenyatta avenue in town than surfing the web "anonymously".

Nothing should be smart in your life if you value privacy

Yes. One needs secure system running in his / her machine. One can opt to tweak his system to make if impervious to third parties. But this is impossible with many popular systems.

The less known the system the better! The more unusual you make it (on your own) the best!

Internet privacy: Genuine concerns or paranoia?

"Increasingly a system has been created that tracks us wherever we go, whatever we do, and sells us to the highest bidder."

Simon McDougall, of the financial service consultants Promontory, thinks it is right that people should be concerned, although switching from Google to another service provider would make little difference.

He points out that many people have used free services on the internet for a very long time and they have not really thought about how that service is being paid for.

"If you pay money for a product, you get a product. If you do not pay money for a product, you are the product," he says

Read more..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17369659