wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Clearing accrued fines at KRA
lexbengo
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 6:23:28 PM

Hi,

I missed out a couple of monthly VAT returns back in 2008 for my business (during the PEV and the global economic hard times), this attracted some fines at KRA. I later inquired from KRA guys late last year how to clear the attracted fines (ksh 10,000 each) but I was moved from department to department till I gave up. Anyone been in this situation before? where did you clear the fines bcoz I really need to clear them ASAP?

Thanks
Jump-steady
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:05:58 PM

@Lexbengo, i am in a similar predicament and i am sure wazuans will shed some light. A 'broker' has recently approached me claiming to 'know people' but i fear being scammed.
popat
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:12:16 PM

@lex.Just face it and pay up.There is no two way on this unless you want to perpetrate corruption.
Shame on you
lexbengo
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:01:12 AM

@popat, am actually not trying to evade the fines. I just need someone to point me in the right direction so that I can get over with it.
@Jump-steady, I also got someone who told me he knows some guys at KRA who can sort it out. However as usual iko TKK. I don't think I will sleep in peace if I let someone else settle this on my behalf especially someone I don't trust or I have bribed. I would rather go about it myself so that in future I know the right buttons to press.
'user'
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:30:49 AM

you know the bill.why do you need a broker? just pay.we need that money to pay doctors and nurses
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
sizzla
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:38:03 AM

Just visit KRA offices, request for a ledger balance of your PIN from where your have been registered (your station) e.g. North of Nairobi is 14th Floor, East is 17th Floor and South is Wilson Airport, West is Forodha Community.

Take your statement you simply pay the amount at the bank, with attached VAT 28 Forms (for penalties) preferably National Bank, Coo-op or KCB and pay to Commissioner of Domestic Taxes. After payment you can apply for your tax compliance certificate...
chiaroscuro
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:09:07 PM

@lex... & @jump...

It is ridiculous that you are willing to clear a bill at KRA but the organisation has no clear way of accepting the money!

I was in that situation some years back (around 2007) and I went to the ground floor of the Times Tower (the tower, not the banking hall).

There I was given a special form for paying VAT penalties; filled it out and paid the money at Co-Op Bank.

Go there and ask, may be they are still using the same system...

I can't understand why their e-system is not able to capture penalties and credit balances. They are now at version 1.7.2 of the TSW and still it does not calculate penalties and credits carried forward.