wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
RIP Njenga Karume
kanduma
#61 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:10:13 PM

RIP...Mzee Karume.
life is a swinging pendulum,dont stay up too long to forget that you could come down]
Tommy
#62 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:52:37 PM

callaspade wrote:
....on a light note.

......one xmas,i happned to be enjoying a game of darts with mzee karume at the verandah outside the dining hall of the Daini indian ocean beach hotel.
......he was enjying his pilsner and me as usual jet fuel.

......a french tourist was enjoying the sun next to his kenyan chick.
....there was also a french family sunbathing next to them.they started gossiping about the chick and her behaviours.little did they know that the chick was understanding the nonsense and bad mouthing.
.......without warning,the kenyan chick jumped onto the woman, her daughter and also son .... roughed them with a few scratches in a matter of seconds....,one entire family had been clawed by this kenyan chick single handedly as the boyfie watched.

......so the nurses were called and also the police in tow to take statements.
....the police passed by where we were sitted with mzee and said hi to us.
.....then they engaged mzee in small talk about the fight,and mzee said to them" wawo wanamuita huyu muthichana maraya na yeye mbando kuwauzia kitu yoyote"

....i fell off my chairLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
RIP MZEE

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly, r.i.p mzee. Its a life well lived and worth celebrating.
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
kenmac
#63 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:13:51 PM

a repeat of njenga karume on the bench aired.

a good, and humble guy; despite his wealth
......Ecclesiastes
Wakandi
#64 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:09:45 PM

lala kwa amani mzee, ulitenda kazi zako vyema...mungu awape jamii yako nguvu..
Ngalaka
#65 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:48:46 PM

Mzee Karume died as a private citizen.

Why, pray is Govt getting involved in his burial.

What's Govt budget in doing this!

http://www.nation.co.ke/...32/-/moufsb/-/index.html
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
QW25091985
#66 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:15:51 PM

[quote=Ngalaka]

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/moufsb/-/index.html[/quote]

What do you mean "died as a private citizen". what is Moi was to pass away will we not give him a state funeral.
Mr. Karume is a senior citizen and i think he deserves it ...
There's also talk of dedan kimathi being given a state funeral...
some people have contribute quite allot to this nation and deserve respect and honor even at the grave !
Lolest!
#67 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 8:35:14 PM

Thuo has moved to court to stop the burial until samples for DNAtesting are taken from the body. Another Kirima case in the making?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
QW25091985
#68 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 9:35:44 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Thuo has moved to court to stop the burial until samples for DNAtesting are taken from the body. Another Kirima case in the making?

i saw it coming . some people will start thinkin' "kwani hizo billions zitaenda hivyo tu "
Ngalaka
#69 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:14:09 AM

QW25091985 wrote:
[quote=Ngalaka]

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/moufsb/-/index.html[/quote]

What do you mean "died as a private citizen". what is Moi was to pass away will we not give him a state funeral.
Mr. Karume is a senior citizen and i think he deserves it ...
There's also talk of dedan kimathi being given a state funeral...
some people have contribute quite allot to this nation and deserve respect and honor even at the grave !

What will happen when Anangwe, Aringo, Nyiva etc dies!

Will all former Ministers and/or MPs eligible for state funeral?

What is the criteria?
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
bwenyenye
#70 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:32:57 PM

Amazingly the thing that I remember most about this mzee, was a quip he made in passing while addressing a group of usual Kenyans ' mimi sijui wanasabu aje mamirrioni! sisi tulikuwa tunasabu ma mia. Hii maneno ya mirrioni nimesikia juzi tu. ' ( circa 2002). Looking back I think it was very genuine and apt for the day. He was basically saying most flashy guys are stealing in the country and you can only make genuine wealth by counting hundreds ( pennies)...

That comment taken together with what Michuki's (RIP) comment to the journalist 'Kijana you must be very rich to drink in the afternoon' gives a clear hint how they valued hardwork and genuine wealth not riches..Yet we are so surprised that they were that wealthy.In fact, if that is how to make wealth, then I fear for my 'quick buck deal' generation.

I have learnt a lot from these two fellows. RIP
I Think Therefore I Am
innairobi
#71 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 3:33:30 PM

Huyu mzee nikama mali yake itamalizwa na hawa trustees. They clearly were not his friends but just hungry hyenas. Isnt Gatabaki already rich? 100K per sitting is madness. For a friend, you should be taking just your cost of transport and meals if at all. 5K should be more than enough.

https://mobile.nation.co...em-1-50kr94z/index.html

Quote:
Court documents show a troubled estate that is no longer paying its bills. In some instances, the trustees are borrowing from law firms to settle bills, barely six years after they took over management of the multi-million estate.

Last year, for instance, the Karume trust paid Jacaranda Holdings Sh37 million of the sales proceeds to settle PAYE and VAT arrears.

The trustees used Sh4.1 million on education of beneficiaries and Sh8 million on medical expenses of the beneficiaries.

Mr Warieri, who chairs the trust and his co-trustee Mr Gatabaki pocketed Sh19.6 million in responsibility allowances for the period beginning March 2015 to December 2017.

A further Sh17 million went into payment of the trustees’ sitting allowances, which accrues at the rate of Sh100, 000 per sitting.

The trust paid Sh18 million in accountancy fees and professional fees for valuation of the Njenga Karume Trust.

Three law firms were paid Sh29 million in legal fees and monthly retainers while Sh39 million was paid to the beneficiaries as grants.

The Karume children have accused the trustees of neglecting the beneficiaries, failing to settle fees or provide maintenance.

They further accuse the trustees of failing to promote maintenance, education and advancement in life of beneficiaries, which is the sole objective of the trust.

Karume had initially appointed Court of Appeal judge Paul Kihara Kariuki as chairman of the Trust but he resigned shortly after the demise of the former minister.

“After the resignation of Justice Paul Kihara Kariuki as a trustee of the Njenga Karume Trust, the then or existing trustees of the Njenga Karume Trust failed to adhere to the intention and wishes of the founder by refusing to consider any of the beneficiaries of the Trust.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Angelica _ann
#72 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 3:57:19 PM

innairobi wrote:
Huyu mzee nikama mali yake itamalizwa na hawa trustees. They clearly were not his friends but just hungry hyenas. Isnt Gatabaki already rich? 100K per sitting is madness. For a friend, you should be taking just your cost of transport and meals if at all. 5K should be more than enough.

Quote:
Court documents show a troubled estate that is no longer paying its bills. In some instances, the trustees are borrowing from law firms to settle bills, barely six years after they took over management of the multi-million estate.

Last year, for instance, the Karume trust paid Jacaranda Holdings Sh37 million of the sales proceeds to settle PAYE and VAT arrears.

The trustees used Sh4.1 million on education of beneficiaries and Sh8 million on medical expenses of the beneficiaries.

Mr Warieri, who chairs the trust and his co-trustee Mr Gatabaki pocketed Sh19.6 million in responsibility allowances for the period beginning March 2015 to December 2017.

A further Sh17 million went into payment of the trustees’ sitting allowances, which accrues at the rate of Sh100, 000 per sitting.

The trust paid Sh18 million in accountancy fees and professional fees for valuation of the Njenga Karume Trust.

Three law firms were paid Sh29 million in legal fees and monthly retainers while Sh39 million was paid to the beneficiaries as grants.

The Karume children have accused the trustees of neglecting the beneficiaries, failing to settle fees or provide maintenance.

They further accuse the trustees of failing to promote maintenance, education and advancement in life of beneficiaries, which is the sole objective of the trust.

Karume had initially appointed Court of Appeal judge Paul Kihara Kariuki as chairman of the Trust but he resigned shortly after the demise of the former minister.

“After the resignation of Justice Paul Kihara Kariuki as a trustee of the Njenga Karume Trust, the then or existing trustees of the Njenga Karume Trust failed to adhere to the intention and wishes of the founder by refusing to consider any of the beneficiaries of the Trust.

The kids better divide the little left and run!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Gathige
#73 Posted : Thursday, February 01, 2018 4:14:01 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
innairobi wrote:

Quote:

The kids better divide the little left and run!!!

A perfect case of hyenas taking charge to shepherd a flock.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
innairobi
#74 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 8:33:34 PM

ni kubaya. is this why it's said huge wealth rarely gets to the 4th generation?

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
masukuma
#75 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 8:42:40 PM

murchr
#76 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 8:54:58 PM

But Karume handed the wealth to "Trustees" one member being Kungu Gatabaki, so really who is misusing this wealth?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Impunity
#77 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2018 9:19:18 PM

Surely,not his shudren.
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

hardwood
#78 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:39:36 AM

aemathenge
#79 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:59:52 AM

Tommy wrote:
callaspade wrote:

... muthichana......

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly, r.i.p mzee. Its a life well lived and worth celebrating.

simonkabz
#80 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:55:21 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Tommy wrote:
callaspade wrote:

... muthichana......

Nini hii?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!