#1041 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 1:45:55 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Tap sale... Am too high to get the info... But yes we have a tap...

Kesho is another day. We will be waiting smile

Now this is good, mbus came back for the masses, unlike previously.

Underpriced, they should pay 13%+ for this tenor. They'll raise rates soon...

The coupon rate remains same coz it's a tap sale.
The weighted rate may go higher than 12.156 (sad) but also may go lower. So much liquidity in the market.

I moved from bonds to 1 year t-bills, better compounded returns and no sales headaches. smile smile smile

I don't think Tbills at 9% before 15% haircut is comparable to 12% net profit IFB.
You will be more liquid with a monthly spreadout bills and you risk misusing the liquidity on some urembo za bure.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ericsson
#1042 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 12:07:55 PM

GOK is doing further budget cuts as bond issues fail to hit target
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#1043 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:55:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:

We need to move 100 to 200 bps for longer ended papers to make them attractive....14% would be good...
possunt quia posse videntur
ibsi
#1044 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:31:14 AM

Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

The weighted rate may go higher than 12.156 (sad) but also may go lower. So much liquidity in the market.

I moved from bonds to 1 year t-bills, better compounded returns and no sales headaches. smile smile smile

I don't think Tbills at 9% before 15% haircut is comparable to 12% net profit IFB.
You will be more liquid with a monthly spreadout bills and you risk misusing the liquidity on some urembo za bure.

I prefer Bonds to Bills coz of the interest rate and also ease in handling them especially rolling over. Once you buy a 20 yr bond you'll just relax and get interest semi annually and reinvest the interest and by the time the bond matures, you'll have made a fortune to make you survive.
Trust in God and endure patiently.
Impunity
#1045 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:20:58 PM

ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

I prefer Bonds to Bills coz of the interest rate and also ease in handling them especially rolling over. Once you buy a 20 yr bond you'll just relax and get interest semi annually and reinvest the interest and by the time the bond matures, you'll have made a fortune to make you survive.

Me thought so too.
Imagine placing 100M in a 20 year IFB bond coupons at 12%.
This will give you monthly salo ya Kes.1M for 20 years (Yaani 4 terms as an mpig).
Contrast this with buying a 20M land in kitusuru and putting up 2 mansions at 40M each...each mansion giving 200K pm at the best...thats 400K pm assuming full time occupancy.
Then think about maintenance,kanjo,Riparian fears,non occupancy,difficult luo tenants etc for 20 years!

Sometimes it's good to let the money work for you....sadly we don't have the 100M now.

Ebenyo
#1046 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:07:39 PM

Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.
This will give you monthly salo ya Kes.1M for 20 years (Yaani 4 terms as an mpig).
Contrast this with buying a 20M land in kitusuru and putting up 2 mansions at 40M each...each mansion giving 200K pm at the best...thats 400K pm assuming full time occupancy.
Then think about maintenance,kanjo,Riparian fears,non occupancy,difficult luo tenants etc for 20 years!

Sometimes it's good to let the money work for you....sadly we don't have the 100M now.

Pray Pray Pray
Towards the goal of financial freedom
AndyC
#1047 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:32:54 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

We need to move 100 to 200 bps for longer ended papers to make them attractive....14% would be good...

True. 11.95% for such a long tenure is low.
How would one go about buying the 2017/12 years from the secondary market?
AndyC
#1048 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:35:38 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

Pray Pray Pray

The dust bowl whirlwind seems to have died down smile
Impunity
#1049 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 2:35:55 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

Pray Pray Pray

Naysayers claim you can put the 100M in sportspesa and double it overnight....but you can also lose it overnight!

Just imagine what you can do with a 1M monthly income? You can rent those 200K per month serviced apartments hapo Rosdlyn Heights and be neighbors with kina Caroline Mutoko and other top end slay queens...and still have change to buy plot monthly huko Kitee!

Swenani
#1050 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:37:56 PM

Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

Have you factored in the capital appreciation of the 2 mansions over 40 years?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#1051 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:11:28 PM

Swenani wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

Appreciation for who? 40 years you would be gone, enjoy live now my fren.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Impunity
#1052 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:46:38 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

The way he is landing on anything with a hole...haezi fika ata midlife.

In 20 years those houses in kitusuru may be looking like zile za komarocks...slums!

maka
#1053 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:48:51 PM

Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

In 20 years those houses in kitusuru may be looking like zile za komarocks...slums!

Well that's my school of thought.... Capital appreciation is so over rated... We are trying to live like permanent citizens in a temporary world... Tengenezea watoto Trust...
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#1054 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:08:52 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

Well that's my school of thought.... Capital appreciation is so over rated... We are trying to live like permanent citizens in a temporary world... Tengenezea watoto Trust...

If you invest in those IFB at +12, tax free & amortised. You are way better off than the capital gains nonsense. However the amount invested must be substantial to make sense - in one tranche!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Impunity
#1055 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:20:53 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ibsi wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:

Me thought so too.

If you invest in those IFB at +12, tax free & amortised. You are way better off than the capital gains nonsense. However the amount invested must be substantial to make sense - in one tranche!!!

Minimum tranche inafaa ikue ngapi?Na I know sio eti 1M only.
smile

@maka,hio story ya capital appreciation is like a person living only for his/her kids...of what use will it be to be a millionaire at 80 years old?You can't even even party at that age.
And even after those 30 years,the guy will still not sell those houses. He will be a millionaire only on the books.
Let your kids also work hard,why make them live an easy lazy life while you toil like a slave now?

KulaRaha
#1056 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:30:53 AM

Impunity wrote:
@maka,hio story ya capital appreciation is like a person living only for his/her kids...of what use will it be to be a millionaire at 80 years old?You can't even even party at that age.
And even after those 30 years,the guy will still not sell those houses. He will be a millionaire only on the books.
Let your kids also work hard,why make them live an easy lazy life while you toil like a slave now?

Amen!!! You are just a glorified askari, taking care of the money for others to spend!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
wukan
#1057 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:57:22 AM

You know at the age of 50-60 you can sell one of the houses and buy bonds to live off the interest in retirement. I'm sure healthcare costs would be really be expensive. In Africa due to inflation real estate still remains king. Africa is too risky for bonds politicians can mess up big-time. Imagine buying Somali govt bonds and the state collapses or a new regime deciding to give bond holders a haircut.
Angelica _ann
#1058 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:02:04 PM

wukan wrote:
You know at the age of 50-60 you can sell one of the houses and buy bonds to live off the interest in retirement. I'm sure healthcare costs would be really be expensive. In Africa due to inflation real estate still remains king. Africa is too risky for bonds politicians can mess up big-time. Imagine buying Somali govt bonds and the state collapses or a new regime deciding to give bond holders a haircut.

Mimi niko hapa ....so you understand smile . But you cannot start learning how to deal with bonds/bills at this age. Therefore you must start early. Invest in a family house to stay in, rest enjoy life my fren.

Even the Michukis have estate administration dispute, of all the people. Let your kids build their own investment - provide them with good education, formation and moral standing. But let them chart their own course/destiny.
ibsi
#1059 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:21:46 PM

wukan wrote:

There's no need to live in fear about political turmoil. If anything, the first people who would suffer loss of investments are those who who own real estates and other businesses. As somebody said earlier, live now and let the others take care of themselves. For children, give them quality education environment, they'll enjoy making their own money.
Trust in God and endure patiently.
wukan
#1060 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:35:09 PM

ibsi wrote:
wukan wrote:

There's no need to live in fear about political turmoil. If anything, the first people who would suffer loss of investments are those who who own real estates and other businesses. As somebody said earlier, live now and let the others take care of themselves. For children, give them quality education environment, they'll enjoy making their own money.

That fear of political turmoil, that government won't make the revenues to repay is what all adds up to the yield. Those fears is the 12% interest rate. If things are so upbeat then bonds should yield you 7.5% over 20 years.