wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

86 Pages«<3839404142>»
Treasury Bills and Bonds
winmak
#781 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:20:41 PM

I opened a cds with cbk 2 years ago during the high yield rate but never got to bid successfully. Now I want to get back. Is there a penalty for dormancy?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
winmak
#782 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:22:15 PM

Why the insistence on investors with ACTIVE CDS accounts?
Speculz
#783 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:34:29 PM

winmak wrote:
I opened a cds with cbk 2 years ago during the high yield rate but never got to bid successfully. Now I want to get back. Is there a penalty for dormancy?

No penalty,just apply afresh to reactivate your account. Welcome to modernity.smile
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
maka
#784 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:55:04 PM

Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

No penalty,just apply afresh to reactivate your account. Welcome to modernity.smile

You have to visit CBK and re do the mandate formsmile

Sucks...and is a waste of time...
possunt quia posse videntur
winmak
#785 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 6:47:43 PM

Thanks a lot good people
maka
#786 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 9:14:36 AM

Morning everyone...

Sent the implied yields and yield curve for last week...
mamilli
#787 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 9:33:13 AM

maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

You can also instruct your bank to bid on your behalf.Most banks charge a commission of 0.25% of the bid amount(min1500-5000max).I did this awhile back via cfcstanbic and the convinience is totally worth it.This doesn't require you to have an active CBK account btw.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
maka
#788 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 9:46:05 AM

mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

You can also instruct your bank to bid on your behalf.Most banks charge a commission of 0.25% of the bid amount(min1500-5000max).I did this awhile back via cfcstanbic and the convinience is totally worth it.This doesn't require you to have an active CBK account btw.

But why should i pay 0.25% when i can get the thing for free? Rather without charge...
mamilli
#789 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 10:07:24 AM

maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

But why should i pay 0.25% when i can get the thing for free? Rather without charge...

Keyword is CONVINIENCE,but i get your point.
maka
#790 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 10:15:53 AM

mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

What happens when it comes to disposing...You hv to contact the bank?

mamilli
#791 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 10:33:17 AM

maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

Elder,not quite sure about that.The scenario i have is when one holds a paper to maturity.Nonetheless any trading in this instance is through the bank,coz actually CBK "doesnt know you"
Speculz
#792 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 11:03:57 AM

maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

What also happens in the unfortunate event the bank does an Imperial ?

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
mamilli
#793 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 11:28:13 AM

Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

Valid questions,unfortunately i dont have concrete responses.
Taurrus
#794 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 12:26:44 PM

mamilli wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

Don't be a biz unnecessarily!
Pesa Nane
#795 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 12:31:34 PM

mamilli wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

This is no longer possible. It was a loophole/conduit for money launderers and got stopped in 2016.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
maka
#796 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 2:18:41 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

This is no longer possible. It was a loophole/conduit for money launderers and got stopped in 2016.

Tap sale extension...
maka
#797 Posted : Monday, November 06, 2017 11:22:39 AM

maka wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
mamilli wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
winmak wrote:

Tap sale extension...

Ericsson
#798 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:23:50 AM

Treasury in talks with IMF
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Pure millioneare(PM)
#799 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:52:05 PM

I am selling a treasury bond in the secondary market.
For this I have to go through my broker who will source a buyer and agree on a price.
This looks abit kienyenji like batter trading unlike shares where trading is more automated.

Are there loopholes in this process? How is the settlement done after the bond is successfully sold?

maka
#800 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 1:33:25 PM

Pure millioneare(PM) wrote:
I am selling a treasury bond in the secondary market.
For this I have to go through my broker who will source a buyer and agree on a price.
This looks abit kienyenji like batter trading unlike shares where trading is more automated.

Are there loopholes in this process? How is the settlement done after the bond is successfully sold?

Its DvP once the bond changes ownership...CBK will debit the account of the buyer and credit the account of the seller.

The process is basically this,

(1) You have gotten a bid on your offer...
(2) You fill the green CBK sale order forms + a cover letter for onward transmission to CBK.
(3) CBK calls you and asks about the specifics of the bond...
(4) The CBK guys avail the bond for the transaction...your broker trades it via Avento...He?She gets an order no (OPODSC) and ATS ID this are the 2 details needed for settlement.
(5) Buyers bond CDS account gets credited with the paper...while the bank account gets debited ...Sellers bank account gets credited with cash...bond CDS gets debited.

There is no loophole...