wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

86 Pages«<2021222324>»
Treasury Bills and Bonds
Angelica _ann
#421 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:53:23 AM

Ooops wrong thread smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ebenyo
#422 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:53:27 AM

maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Yesterday i went to CBK to open their cds account.I filled the mandate form after taking it to my bank for authentification.Afterwards,was told to wait for one week for email communication.
Why does it take long to open a cds with cbk?
When is the latest i could start investing in bonds?

Expect to wait 30-120days or @maka/mawinder can get you access to insiders who can process within a few days.

Takes about 40days....reason....unknown.

I have received an email from CBK.my new cds number is quoted theiren.Whats the next step?

What do you want to apply for Boss?

@maka,I want the T.bond first then t.bils later.
am i now ready to invest? shall i go back to cbk for some more guidelines? when shall i start investing?

You are good to go...just confirm if the bank that you filled on the mandate card is the one you want to use going forward...sadly auction for this month closed jana...you have to wait for the Dec one...or utilise the secondary market.

Yeah,i just want to use the same bank i filled in the mandate card going forward.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
MatataMingi
#423 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:51:16 PM

maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Yesterday i went to CBK to open their cds account.I filled the mandate form after taking it to my bank for authentification.Afterwards,was told to wait for one week for email communication.

Expect to wait 30-120days or @maka/mawinder can get you access to insiders who can process within a few days.

I have received an email from CBK.my new cds number is quoted theiren.Whats the next step?

am i now ready to invest? shall i go back to cbk for some more guidelines? when shall i start investing?

You are good to go...just confirm if the bank that you filled on the mandate card is the one you want to use going forward...sadly auction for this month closed jana...you have to wait for the Dec one...or utilise the secondary market.

@Maka .two questions, does CBK deduct the amount of a successful bid automatically ? How does one get notified on a successful bid?

I usually call them I dont like emails...Then they will give you the Application no...then the amount to be settled...you go to your bank give them the details (features of the bond) and most important the apl no...most banks if not all have done this stuff numerous times.

@Maka,
I used to do this. However, nowadays, I do it online through my bank's internet. I know SCB & I&M allow this. Not sure about other banks
maka
#424 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:06:10 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Maka .two questions, does CBK deduct the amount of a successful bid automatically ? How does one get notified on a successful bid?

I usually call them I dont like emails...Then they will give you the Application no...then the amount to be settled...you go to your bank give them the details (features of the bond) and most important the apl no...most banks if not all have done this stuff numerous times.

@Maka,
I used to do this. However, nowadays, I do it online through my bank's internet. I know SCB & I&M allow this. Not sure about other banks

The problem I have with SCB is that they cant allow you to personally settle a secondary trade...Sad
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#425 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 8:04:24 AM

Results for 3.7.15 and 1.8.20 in today's paper...
3.7.15 weighted average for accepted bids 13.575%....96.167 per every 100.
1.8.20 weighted average for accepted bids
14.257%....103.225 for every 100.
Impunity
#426 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:34:04 PM

maka wrote:
Results for 3.7.15 and 1.8.20 in today's paper...
3.7.15 weighted average for accepted bids 13.575%....96.167 per every 100.
1.8.20 weighted average for accepted bids
14.257%....103.225 for every 100.

Ukiweka 15% or 10% (depending on the paper type) tax what is the NET rate?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

MatataMingi
#427 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2016 11:47:11 AM

maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Maka,

The problem I have with SCB is that they cant allow you to personally settle a secondary trade...Sad

@Maka. Fair enough. I only deal with primary purchases and have never done any secondary trading.

At least this online payment saves me from going to a bank.
If only CBK could make the bidding part easier i.e via online or email, life would be much better.
maka
#428 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2016 12:22:56 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Maka,

@Maka. Fair enough. I only deal with primary purchases and have never done any secondary trading.

If only CBK could make the bidding part easier i.e via online or email, life would be much better.

That's true they really should work on full automation of the process...also create a way you can view your portfolio without having to send an email.
MatataMingi
#429 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 9:44:44 AM

maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Maka,

That's true they really should work on full automation of the process...also create a way you can view your portfolio without having to send an email.

@Maka. How do you get your portfolio by email. What is the process and email address. Thanks
maka
#430 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 11:11:37 AM

MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Maka,

@Maka. How do you get your portfolio by email. What is the process and email address. Thanks

Take a walk to CBK sign an email indemnity please note it has to be signed by a witness as well. ..so you can go with your buddy....then your good to go...let me get you the email....
Impunity
#431 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2016 12:44:26 PM

maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:
maka wrote:
Speculz wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
bird_man wrote:
TheGeek wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Maka,

Take a walk to CBK sign an email indemnity please note it has to be signed by a witness as well. ..so you can go with your buddy....then your good to go...let me get you the email....

Shiet. ...what has my buddy got to do with my private properties and investments?

Cornelius Vanderbilt
#432 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 8:24:27 AM

MatataMingi
#433 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 3:59:11 PM

2 year bond this week. I reckon interest will be between 12 to 12.5 %

Any comments or predictions.
jerry
#434 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 6:57:25 PM

MatataMingi wrote:

http://www.businessdaily...78622-o5l1lmz/index.html
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
KulaRaha
#435 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 7:59:20 AM

MatataMingi wrote:

Maybe a bit higher to 12.9%
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Impunity
#436 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:05:34 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

What will be the WHT for this 2 year bond?
I doubt it will be 10%, I can guess it will be 15%.

KulaRaha
#437 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:24:33 AM

Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

WHT is 15% as normal.
Impunity
#438 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 12:45:14 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

WHT is 15% as normal.

For Bonds it never normal, the government Bonds are very political and the WHT can be anything other than 15%.
Please check the paper first then come back.

KulaRaha
#439 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:13:58 PM

Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

WHT is 15% as normal.

For Bonds it never normal, the government Bonds are very political and the WHT can be anything other than 15%.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL your alleged knowledge of bonds is scary...and weird.
Swenani
#440 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 4:22:03 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Impunity wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
MatataMingi wrote:

WHT is 15% as normal.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL your alleged knowledge of bonds is scary...and weird.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It's even scary to imagine that there are people depending on him to make sound financial decisions which will most likely affect their future
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?