wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

86 Pages«<1112131415>»
Treasury Bills and Bonds
Impunity
#241 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:05:13 PM

maka wrote:
@ Impunity hope i got what you meant..

This is what happens lets take the example of the 1.2016.20,lets say you got it at 14.60 at the primary for 5 mio,current rates are around 14-13.80 for the paper...You as Impunity wants to sell...there is that form on the cbk website that you appoint up to 5 brokers/investment banks who can secondary trade for you...so you can have Genghis...Dyer...Sterling...etc so you talk to the Fixed income dealers for whoever you put on your form tell them you want to sell...they will source the market for a bid + rate if its to your liking you start the process of selling...

If I got in at the IPO", the initial auction and I want out 6 months later....please go on.

(I am planning to get in in the secondary market so the 14.60 is not my matter)
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#242 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:10:16 PM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:

This is what happens lets take the example of the 1.2016.20,lets say you got it at 14.60 at the primary for 5 mio,current rates are around 14-13.80 for the paper...You as Impunity wants to sell...there is that form on the cbk website that you appoint up to 5 brokers/investment banks who can secondary trade for you...so you can have Genghis...Dyer...Sterling...etc so you talk to the Fixed income dealers for whoever you put on your form tell them you want to sell...they will source the market for a bid + rate if its to your liking you start the process of selling...

If I got in at the IPO", the initial auction and I want out 6 months later....please go on.

It really depends if you will get a buyer then...depends on your broker if they are efficient you can sell it...Btw IFBs are more marketable you will make something out of it...

possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#243 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 3:08:20 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:

It really depends if you will get a buyer then...depends on your broker if they are efficient you can sell it...Btw IFBs are more marketable you will make something out of it...

I can call you?
Inbox me your no. pale pale.
Hatuelewani on one key point.
Thanks

maka
#244 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 3:29:48 PM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:

I can call you?
Inbox me your no. pale pale.
Hatuelewani on one key point.
Thanks

Sawa
iris
#245 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:57:28 PM

@Impunity, please continue asking your questions here; I am (and perhaps others are) getting instructed
Impunity
#246 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:08:28 AM

iris wrote:
@Impunity, please continue asking your questions here; I am (and perhaps others are) getting instructed

Utaripa the consultations?

Impunity
#247 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:52:12 PM

@charcoal, please check your inbox for some investoqueries.

Thank me.

iris
#248 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 4:18:20 PM

Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

Sure smile smile . You or @Maka? But to be fair, if you are not paying, then why do you want me to pay? You know, the spirit of Wazua..
Impunity
#249 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 4:23:35 PM

iris wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

Sure smile smile . You or @Maka? But to be fair, if you are not paying, then why do you want me to pay? You know, the spirit of Wazua..

I pay bundles and calls to milk info from @maka...so u must pay me the cost of acquiring the info.

mkate_nusu
#250 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 4:50:38 PM

iris wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

@iris why pay for information on trading in bills and bonds???
cbk website is self explanatory and many wazuans will freely answer any queries you have
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
iris
#251 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:09:40 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
iris wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

cbk website is self explanatory and many wazuans will freely answer any queries you have

Laziness is to blame in part. I am okay with bills but I have been wanting to research on bonds and then @Impunity started asking most of the questions I wanted answered. But now that he is asking to be paid, I probably should complete my education at the CBK website.
maka
#252 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:23:58 PM

iris wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
iris wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

Laziness is to blame in part. I am okay with bills but I have been wanting to research on bonds and then @Impunity started asking most of the questions I wanted answered. But now that he is asking to be paid, I probably should complete my education at the CBK website.

Kuuliza ni bure....
Impunity
#253 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 9:05:23 AM

iris wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
iris wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

If you are a green-horn, you wont get any reliable info on bonds when you check in at the CBK site...try and come back we compare your knowledge.

Bond trading is not as direct as Bills... remember to bond is to tie, and to tie for the long term, so the contract is much complex.

@charcoal,please I hope you have replied to my 7-point queries.

maka
#254 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 9:22:15 AM

Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
iris wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

If you are a green-horn, you wont get any reliable info on bonds when you check in at the CBK site...try and come back we compare your knowledge.

Bond trading is not as direct as Bills... remember to bond is to tie, and to tie for the long term, so the contract is much complex.

Doing that shortly...
Impunity
#255 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 9:41:33 AM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
iris wrote:
Impunity wrote:
iris wrote:

Doing that shortly...

Thank you in advance.

maka
#256 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 9:48:53 AM

Done
shiznit
#257 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 10:30:24 AM

Looking at the above auction results, there's been a gradual shift in the past weeks. First there seemed to be a preference for the year-paper but now it seems to have shifted to the 182-day.

What does this signal?

Also, what happens in event of undersubscription across the board? I see that happening.
“The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes
Impunity
#258 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 3:03:12 PM

maka wrote:
Done

Asanda @maka.

Now I sent a few more queries, like tofautu kati ya Coupon Rate (%) and Quoted Yield as indicated in the CBK calculator!

Also ni nini hizi "Fixed Coupon & Zero Coupon"?

maka
#259 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 3:12:20 PM

Impunity wrote:
maka wrote:
Done

Asanda @maka.

Now I sent a few more queries, like tofautu kati ya Coupon Rate (%) and Quoted Yield as indicated in the CBK calculator!

Also ni nini hizi "Fixed Coupon & Zero Coupon"?

Laughing out loudly Got derailed (JW) but il most def jibu...
maka
#260 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 3:15:27 PM

shiznit wrote:

Looking at the above auction results, there's been a gradual shift in the past weeks. First there seemed to be a preference for the year-paper but now it seems to have shifted to the 182-day.

What does this signal?

Also, what happens in event of undersubscription across the board? I see that happening.

@Shiznit where was market weighted average for the last 20 year (1.2016.20) and prior to that the 1.2016.10....?