wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Avoid CFC Stanbic loans They are thieves
mozenrat
#21 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 3:21:48 PM

premio wrote:
Their loan statement shows eg may interest is 21000 principle 8400 yet june interest goes to 16000 principle 12000 yet its supposed to be on reducing balance.

Ahem.... This is the way reducing balance method works... the interest portion of your repayment decreases as the principle part increases...

I predicted these fights would be coming --- with the fluctuating rates.. A bit of advice though, don't waste your money on a lawyer before you confirm whether indeed the banks computations are correct.. I know enough to say that , yes sometimes banks do make mistakes (especially with crediting payments you've made on time).. but rarely on computations. Also confirm whether indeed your employer has been remitting payments on time.. I found out the hard way that a loan contract I signed had 27th as the payment date, yet my employer used to pay a single cheque for all employees on the 5th of the next month.. I vowed never to do "Deducted at Source" ever again.. coz yes the bank WILL charge you interest for the additional days and possibly penalties..
premio
#22 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 4:05:07 PM

I knew Kenyans with loans at cfc stanbic are in for the roast. Burning spear get me on email at magicalkenya@aol.com unfortunately due to the nature of my contract with my employer i may not make a media appearance unless they hide my face but this is the best revenge we can do for the thousand of Kenyans who are being ripped off. Remember majority of the profits are being shipped down sout to build onother country economy. Yes am sure rates have gone up but how do u explain out of a payment of 29563 thats only 750 goes tho the loan and the rest is interest. Will such a loan ever go down even in 50years.How do you explain that my dec 28th 2011 installment remitted by my employer(very reputable) is being applied to my account on 11 feb 2012 after making a scene and 9k missing. Suspense accounts when they have my loan account number am telling u guys sharpen your knives spread the word because if we kenyans say so even without going to court we can lobby and ground this bank
quicksand
#23 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 4:32:25 PM

Those maths sound fishy. But first, look for some cash and get a financial expert/lawyer to read through your loan contract and do independent calculations. Then start an official complaints letter campaign, I think there is a complaints/governance/supervision bureau with CBK? (anyone to confirm),..get hold of their address,..start copying them. I know a pal who had his account re-credited after the credit card was stolen and the account wiped out and the bank was playing funny

Good luck
keraka
#24 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 4:54:16 PM

N who told you Barclays is any better.Been suffering in silence and mblo those idiots also charge arbitrarily and the principle never comes down.Things are thick for the midle class.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
mozenrat
#25 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 8:24:49 PM

I make it a point to periodically get my loan statement especially when rates are fluctuating and to do my own recomputations and if they match well and good, if not the bank has to make the necessary adjustments.. I've done this with Stanchart before... Now there is this funny bank called National Bank of Kenya that's joking around with me... they simply won't provide the statement... mkipata hiyo email ya Banking Supervision, pliz sambaza.. I love making this kind of trouble
niando
#26 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 10:03:56 PM

quicksand wrote:
Those maths sound fishy. But first, look for some cash and get a financial expert/lawyer to read through your loan contract and do independent calculations. Then start an official complaints letter campaign, I think there is a complaints/governance/supervision bureau with CBK? (anyone to confirm),..get hold of their address,..start copying them. I know a pal who had his account re-credited after the credit card was stolen and the account wiped out and the bank was playing funny

Good luck

ask him to contact me so I can comb his loan agreement fine print with a wirebrush and see if he stands any chance of beating the bank in court at a small fee.
no need to rush to court without adequate evidence.you need to cut loses.

we also offer book keeping services for small businesses who find a fulltime accountant too expensive to afford.

niando.becia@gmail.com

For bookkeeping and bank loan interest recalculation try us:niando.becia@gmail.com
theking
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:17:55 AM

just open an excel worksheet,right click on one of the sheets down wea theaz sheet 1,sheet 2.....choose insert then choose i think it shd b the 2nd tab or sth. theaz a place showing loan armotizations. ul key in all the necessary details loan amt,int rate,period etc. that one shows u hw much principal is n hw much int is each month over the period. ul b shocked to c that for longterm loans like morgages,most of the money for the first few months goes to int while very little goes to principal. this is y most ppl complain. after a yr of payment u find that ur principle has hardly reduced. however in the last few months of payment,the principal is much more than int
Fakir
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:38:39 AM

@New-farer You are absolutely correct. You always pay for interest first before the principle. Premio, visit the bank and ask for a computation sheet which will show you exactly that.
maligumu
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:04:24 AM

@theking . Your are absolutely correct . Infact I have been manipulating my excel sheet and guess what it , if you make extra payment in addtion to the scheduled payment the total intrest substantially reduces so long as you make the extra payment in the early months . I'm made to understand that Many banks allow you to deposit extra payment in your loan account .
Peace be with you
pepsi.coke
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:37:26 AM

From my experience, with products and brands its best to understand the full cycle of the value chain. Mr x needed funding at some point or the other to satisfy a need, he was granted his request. Factors unforseen by all in the cycle presented themselves , leaving traditional routes of trade cut off.
Who should be blamed ? what is apperent is a new trade route is developing and one can only imajing a new head is stronger than the last and wiser. This market is strong and can only get stonger those who are quick to accuse now will suerly come around. With calculations the matter needs clarification, as keen student always questions the marking scheme.
McReggae
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:39:42 AM

It is mostly likely that when you get the right spreadsheet and enter your values plus the interest rate changes, the bank will be right!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
theking
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:42:57 AM

i think all banks allow an extra deposit to the loan account which all goes in reducing the principal amount. i hear the trick in avoiding an early repayment penalty is payn off the loan but leavn just enuf to b cleared by one or more monthly instalments. basically the trick is not to pay off everything to zero. never tried this so m not so sure.
kyt
#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:16:19 PM

theking, thats what normally happens, been there done that.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
premio
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 11:21:04 PM

Fakir the thing is if interest at 24.75% for dec with 31 days is 17000ksh with balance at 1,150,985 and jan interest is 24.75%, with 31 days and balance now 1,138,678ksh. Interest for jan must be 17000ksh or slightly below because interest remains unchanged at 24.75%. How then do you explain the interest charge of 28000 for jan. the bank says interest is still 24.75% not a single cent more
kyt
#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:03:26 AM

all banks are fishy, ALL BANKS. you have to be vigilant and keen to avoid being conned. how do u explain the crazy profit they make?
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
kivairu
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:56:55 AM

keraka wrote:
N who told you Barclays is any better.Been suffering in silence and mblo those idiots also charge arbitrarily and the principle never comes down.Things are thick for the midle class.

True dude. I'm not a very clever guy in money matters but i know for sure Banks in Kenya are very vicious. Not sure if such rates exist anywhere in the world. I hear rates are 'capped' in UK, but here in Kenya , its truly 'free market'. And hey, dont touch bbk, even with a long long stick, for loans.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
redi
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:24:00 PM

Experienced the same with NBK,i realized though most banks said late last year,they are not going to change the rates for the old loans.They went ahead and did exactly that.They increase the proportion going for interest payment but keep your installment constant.
My advise,pay back the loan.To avoid the fine(early payment),just deposit something in your loan account with an aim to reduce the principal to a manageable level.It will definitely, reduce the interest you are paying.
seeker*
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 12:40:47 PM

CorporateBoy wrote:
Interest Rates Advisory Centre based in Upperhill is known for loans recalculations.
Incase they detect the bank dint follow due diligence, they ensure you get compensated by the bank.
Read more about them on www.corporateseprofiles.com

this is very good advice, my friend has suffered under barclays.
Don't fight a battle if you gain nothing by winning.” Erwin Rommel
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways.
mozenrat
#39 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 7:35:49 PM

You are absolute right
McReggae wrote:
It is mostly likely that when you get the right spreadsheet and enter your values plus the interest rate changes, the bank will be right!!!

@McReggae

premio wrote:
Fakir the thing is if interest at 24.75% for dec with 31 days is 17000ksh with balance at 1,150,985 and jan interest is 24.75%, with 31 days and balance now 1,138,678ksh. Interest for jan must be 17000ksh or slightly below because interest remains unchanged at 24.75%. How then do you explain the interest charge of 28000 for jan. the bank says interest is still 24.75% not a single cent more

I wouldn't complain too loudly if I were you @Premio. My recomputations show that you should have paid interest of KShs. 23,739.07
in December and Kshs. 23,485.23 in January.
My bet is that they were recovering their money when they charged you 28k in Jan and will probably deduct an additional sum in Feb. Simple solution as suggested by McReggae.. go to the bank and make them explain how they came to their figures.

premio
#40 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 9:26:38 PM

Am beggining to like this bank....13.5% is a new LOW and means they now care MORE about their clients and my issue was sorted out amicably.