wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
OTC Market in Kenya
GenghisCapitalLtd
#1 Posted : Monday, February 06, 2012 4:41:29 PM

Wazuans, I need your help on the above. As many of you may be aware there is a very vibrant OTC market in Kenya (that the CMA intends to formalise though the date is sketchy). Some OTCs are way larger than the Main markets, case in point in Mauritius (and why do so many companies set up SPVs in this country-TCL). What is the actual number of companies that trade in the OTC (so far I have 12), shares issued by each company and the closing price of each stock. As you are aware information regarding this market is hard to come by that's why I am on the Wazua forum as you ladies and gents are very well informed!!Applause
Follow us on Twitter @genghiscapital
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” Steve Jobs,iGenius
GenghisCapitalLtd
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 11:24:27 AM

Wazuans, I need your help on the above. As many of you may be aware there is a very vibrant OTC market in Kenya (that the CMA intends to formalise though the date is sketchy). Some OTCs are way larger than the Main markets, case in point in Mauritius (and why do so many companies set up SPVs in this country-TCL). What is the actual number of companies that trade in the OTC (so far I have 12), shares issued by each company and the closing price of each stock. As you are aware information regarding this market is hard to come by that's why I am on the Wazua forum as you ladies and gents are very well informed!!Applause

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” Steve Jobs,iGenius
Eddy
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:20:46 PM

@GenghisCapitalLtd, you could start of well by giving the details of the 12 that you know and we proceed from there.
chiaroscuro
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:30:40 PM

Family Bank
CIC Insurance
youcan'tstopusnow
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:45:34 PM

Eddy wrote:
@GenghisCapitalLtd, you could start of well by giving the details of the 12 that you know and we proceed from there.

What you said!
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
the deal
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:57:13 PM

Yeah even my company is OTC, its the next big thing in Africa smile I only know Deacons, Real Insurance and Inoorero uni...consult Suntra.
jerry
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:55:18 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
Family Bank
CIC Insurance

CIC is no longer in this category! @GengHis. are your doing a research paper???
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
GenghisCapitalLtd
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:35:33 PM

@jerry sort of..it's something no one has attempted, just testing the waters for now and ona whether guys would be interested.
The companies that I know of are Family Bank, Inoorero, TCL, Real Ngao Holdings (Real Insurance), InvesteQ Capital, Suntra Investment Bank, Longhorn Publishers, Old Mutual Assurance, Deacons, Midlands (Agribiz company),Co-op Holdings, FEP Holdings...I know Dyer and Blair together with Kingdom Securities are really active in the OTC as well as Faida. That's all I got, any Wazuan trading in the OTC? The deal fafanua on ur company and how u got in the OTC!!
mwekez@ji
#9 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 8:58:07 AM

UK equity firm suspends Suntra acquisition bid

Suntra chief operations officer Erustus Kirongothi said that the transaction hit a snag after the financial sector regulator in Guernsey Island halted the transfer of funds belonging to the private equity fund.

“The money was to come from one of the funds in Guernsey but the authorities there have not approved release of the cash,” Mr Kirongothi told the Business Daily.

In addition to increasing Suntra’s capital base, a bigger stake by Fusion Capital would have given the investment bank access to a wider pool of funds.

With its capital base currently standing at Sh108 million, Suntra has been forced to apply for a downgrading of its trading licence from that of an investment bank to a stockbroker.

http://www.businessdailyafrica....0/-/st0g78z/-/index.html
mwekez@ji
#10 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 8:59:56 AM

... and how is Suntra Online Trading System doing?
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 9:58:27 AM

Family Bank, Inoorero, TCL, Real Ngao Holdings (Real Insurance), InvesteQ Capital, Suntra Investment Bank, Longhorn Publishers, Old Mutual Assurance, Deacons, Midlands (Agribiz company),Co-op Holdings, FEP Holdings

Remove TCL & Longhorn from the list.

CIC is missing from the list but it is expected to list soon.
I&M Bank did a private placement so it might be trading as OTC as well.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mwekez@ji
#12 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 10:46:29 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Family Bank, Inoorero, TCL, Real Ngao Holdings (Real Insurance), InvesteQ Capital, Suntra Investment Bank, Longhorn Publishers, Old Mutual Assurance, Deacons, Midlands (Agribiz company),Co-op Holdings, FEP Holdings

During the I&M Bank private placement, there was a condition on I&M Bank not being allowed to have more than 100 shareholders. Has this been lifted?
VituVingiSana
#13 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 11:17:56 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

During the I&M Bank private placement, there was a condition on I&M Bank not being allowed to have more than 100 shareholders. Has this been lifted?
I am not sure how that works. My assumption is that I&M had that condition so as to allow large minimum applications. Deacons did a Private Placement but had a much lower threshold.

Or perhaps if you have more than 100 shareholders, you need approval from the CMA?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
guru267
#14 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 12:19:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Deacons did a Private Placement but had a much lower threshold.

I thought what deacons did was a public offer??
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
VituVingiSana
#15 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 12:31:00 PM

guru267 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Was it? It was limited to those who were 'invited' as I understood it. I do not recall any adds for it inviting the public.
guru267
#16 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 12:37:58 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
guru267 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Was it? It was limited to those who were 'invited' as I understood it. I do not recall any adds for it inviting the public.

Are you talking about this??

www.deacons.co.ke/site/i...-and-media&Itemid=60
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
VituVingiSana
#17 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 12:56:32 PM

guru267 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
guru267 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Are you talking about this??

www.deacons.co.ke/site/i...-and-media&Itemid=60

Deacons got permission from the CMA. I wonder if I&M did the same? I know banks need permission from the CBK before they raise capital but that is different.
Hunderwear
#18 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 5:48:38 PM

GenghisCapitalLtd wrote:
@jerry sort of..it's something no one has attempted, just testing the waters for now and ona whether guys would be interested.
The companies that I know of are Family Bank, Inoorero, TCL, Real Ngao Holdings (Real Insurance), InvesteQ Capital, Suntra Investment Bank, Longhorn Publishers, Old Mutual Assurance, Deacons, Midlands (Agribiz company),Co-op Holdings, FEP Holdings...I know Dyer and Blair together with Kingdom Securities are really active in the OTC as well as Faida. That's all I got, any Wazuan trading in the OTC? The deal fafanua on ur company and how u got in the OTC!!

Its either their employeesnare inherently ignorant or they dont deal in OTC !!!I Was there last thursday and they told me they dont have any.I call them today no nothing.....aaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!
GenghisCapitalLtd
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:45:37 AM

Hunderwear wrote:
GenghisCapitalLtd wrote:

Its either their employeesnare inherently ignorant or they dont deal in OTC !!!I Was there last thursday and they told me they dont have any.I call them today no nothing.....aaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!

That's strange cz I got that information from a source in DB but the biggest market player in the OTC market is Kingdom securities just to set the record straight - try them but getting any more info turned out to be like drawing blood from a rock smile
Horton
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:34:43 PM

@Wazua, perhaps u should add an OTC price list on the site too updated weekly?

Anyone with any additions to the OTC list?