wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Cost of architectural plans in Kenya
Foz00
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:55:12 PM

@ a4architect.com - show us what you/architect offers and we can compare to an outline proposal.
a4architect.com
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:33:23 PM

View the breakdown here
http://www.a4architect.c...bout-us/fees-breakdown/
Assuming you meet any architect and you tell him you only want a 3 bedroomed house EXACTLY like the one he designed for another person without any ammendments, this makes you jump stage A, and B. You only deal with stage C
http://www.a4architect.c...bout-us/fees-breakdown/
C. Scheme Design.
For preparing, in collaboration with any consultant, a scheme design consisting of small-scale working drawings which shall indicate spatial arrangement and appearance.
For reporting to the client on the scheme including presenting an assignment of the cost and timetable for the project and where so required, submitting copies of the drawings to the local authority for town planning consent, approval under the Building bye-laws.
Charge: 1.5% of total construction cost.
Again, if you ask any architect to only offer you stage C without stage D and E, i.e supervision e.t.c, then you will only pay for stage C and thats all.
Stage C is a house drawing that meets the local authority standards. This is what the council guys give you.
The drawings you see in the council offices are all in stage C.
If you choose not to customise your house, then you will not pay any fees fro sage B. If you choose not to have the architect supervise the construction, you will also not pay stage D and E.
It makes business sense to any architect since they will not spend resources in drawings, meetings e.t.c in the stage B.D and E.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
a4architect.com
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:45:44 PM

@shygal @Eddy. You can contact Steve Gachoka 0726687770- or any of the guys at the local authority offices. We dont compete with the droughtsmen as such-whatever ammount you negotiate with them is ok-they will still come and look for the architects for signatures so the world just moves on and everyone is happy-the droughts-man does the work, charges client 20k for PART C Scheme Design, pays the architect 10 k for 15 second work of signature/stamp, and things move on. Its more-or -less like the way the chain is from producer to manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer to consumer.
In this case, it will be too much of a hustle for the architect to spend all the effort to meet the client, negotiate, draw e.t.c With the laws set as they are i.e drawing has to be signed and stamped by an architect, all the architect will do is just facilitate for the business chain to continue rolling.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
tinker
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 5:24:00 PM

I have been out and about looking for a stylish prototype of a multi-dwelling building and I must say I am
a bit disappointed with what is in the Kenyan Market.

Interestingly, the Chinese built apartments are more appealing and am told they are also cost effective to developers.

Can we have a better looking apartments in Nairobi?.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..