wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
@TB : K-Rep Bank's 2008 Story
VituVingiSana
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2009 12:12:00 PM

At the moment I am waiting for sub-10 before I buy. That said,I am keenly waiting for 1Q results. I think Equity will be the first to announce the results. Probably before 30 April.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
simonkabz
#22 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 12:51:00 PM

he he he TB...........nw I fficially crown u with the 'longest serving stockskenya tribalist' medal. Enyewe u will never cease. Being in the states s doing u bad my brother,welcome hme and see the massive change this country has gne through since the Moi days,less the political front,and I guess its courtesy of RAO,right??

Im very curious to know how much u know of EB,and I can assure u any word frm mainat on the kenyan banking system is quite credible. U truly hate EB cz it hailed from the slopes right?? You are nt in touch with reality and whatever u say on matters kenyan is usually over 90% false. Be objective,weka ukabila kando ndugu.

Truest proverb: Mwenda pole hajikwai
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
caesar
#23 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 1:47:00 PM

KRep is the pastrolist Bank. Equity's success can be attributed by crop farming. There is still a wide unbanked region in Kenya of Islamic,pastrolists,Slum population. Equity has grown out of the Micro finance realm.

KRep are giving loans to dig boreholes and to connect to the power grid.

This Bank has a suitable model to match 'The Kenya we want'
Tusker Baridi
#24 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 4:28:00 PM

@ Simon and co

I know the modus operandi here at SK,you guys can say all sorts of crap about Raira and Ruto but the moment anyone touches anything about nyoba he is branded a tribalist,talk about nyani haoni kundule!!

Equity will go down with a lot of innocent folks depositors money as Mwangi b****es like you kiss his ass. I have always had the last laugh in every debate we've had here at SK regarding money. When idiots like you were pumping the ponzi schemes,I was steadfast in rubbishing them,same thing with Mumias and Eveready IPOs,BBK and ICDC splits,the NSE index bubble etc. My record speaks for itself.The truth is that people who chose to listen to me made money while idiots who would rather have tribal blinders like you got massacred.

I will be proven right about Equity,just watch Mwangi and is cabal of Mt Kenya thieves bamboozle your asses just as they did with Trust Bank. I wish all my haters a miserable easter.
first body
#25 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2009 8:08:00 PM

TB ....A kenyan-americano professed warren buffet.
I would want to put the argument that those who didnt listen to you also made money on the BBK and ICDC splits if they sold early as opposed to not participating unlike your advice for dont buy anything that is the NSE.
About the NSE index,before you take i told you so attitude,you had argued that the nse prices are overvalued based on foward PE and other fundamentals etc etc. You had not foretold the economic crunch which is attributes a large chunck of the fall in prices,you had got the dates wrong by a nearly 2 years,and your reasons for the drop in prices are not the main reasons for the fall in prices now.
Telling people to keep away from the market to avoid loss is not financial prowess,and if that is your claim to fame please dont give out such advice. Tells us what buys you have told/said that have materialised in profit. If i remember clearly your stock protfolio included a large chunk citigroup,How is it doing definately in the red. I also think you had some mining stocks or some oil drilling company .... how is that doing?

The people you claim are busy kissing mwangi's ass have continued to make a profit despite,elections,economic crunch,and despite the index falling and im sure its doing much better than citigroup.

In these debate you are down. Equity will stand strong. So if you decide to crawl into the cave you came from,again,and wait for equity share price to fall to 4 shillings or until the next elections when you can churn more propaganda from the comfort of your lazy boy in america without care of what is really happening in kenya ... well and good. Dont take the high and mighty stance i always win. You win some you lose some and im sure you portfolio is taking a beating while the equity share holders are still smiling.

jack bauer + john maclane = FIRST BODY
Tusker Baridi
#26 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2009 12:25:00 AM

@first body

Please dont compare me to WB,I'm but a kawa investor trying to make a dollar here a shilling there. Now let me address your post. You seem to have selective memory when it comes to my previous positions. Lets start with BBK and ICDC splits,I remember debating with Mainat and co not to buy these two stocks post split,and that they would drop due to massive liquidity. Those people who bough post split are yet to break even.

About the NSE,I called the peak right around february of 2007 when the NSE was trading at over 6,000. People who sold then made money and the NSE is down more than 50% from its peak.

What buys that I told people that materialized? The only trades I participate in on NSE are the IPOs,which I dump within the first week of trading. I believe the NSE itself is so rigged against retail investors so until there is real reform,I will always participate in good IPOs but dump as soon as they list. If you notice,this is what smart foreign investors have been doing at the NSE. I participated in the Kengen and AccessKenya IPOs,did not participate on Eveready,Kenya Re,Mumias and Safaricom listings.

The other reason I've never bothered with the NSE is coz the risk is so much higher than the rewards. Why would I bother with a bourse that has so much risk(broker stealing your money,insider trading,idiot president and politicians) while there are countries that give higher returns at much lower risks?

About Citigroup,if you read my postings,I said these were stock options and 401K matchings(free money) that I got as a then Citigroup employee which I could not sell so long as I worked there.Oh and my commodity holdings? You remember me mentioning that I would convert all my holdings into cash right before the Beijing Olympic coz I predicted that the commodities would crash? So my portfolio escaped the great recession unscathed just in time to pick up some cheap bargains in the past two months and my portfolio is already up by 400 plus % year-to-date.

Even on my best picks,I always question the CEO,always the skeptic,never sucking up or cheerleading each and every decision he/she makes. Now that's how you avoid getting surprised. But supposedly smart people here have surrendered to Mwangi. This is a guy that orchestrated one of the largest bank scams in Kenya,Trust Bank. And you guys trust this thief with your money and would never question him? This guy should be in jail,not running a bank!!! Question to Mwangi ass-lickers,how come none of you ever respond to his past role in stealing depositors money at Trust Bank? Just answer that one question.

In order for this forum to elevate itself to higher esteem,it needs a balance. What we have here is a herd mentality that is not good for retail investors. We need to always question everything coz for all I know(and I know how banks operate like the back of my hand) Equity could be cooking figures under mwizi Mwangi's stewardship just like he did with Trust Bank. We need a voice of reason to snap people from mwizi Mwangi's daze.