wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Mhasibu Juja Plots
groupielove
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:04:48 PM

One thing I don't understand is why it has taken Mhasibu Housing almost 2 years to partition the Juja plots. When we were buying we were promised we'd do plot selection by the end of 2009, and until now there's nothing to show. Any info?
Mshindi
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:47:30 PM

Me too keep wondering. No info so far...
groupielove
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:02:23 AM

Mshindi wrote:

In yesterday's paper (DN)they were inviting those who bought land at Nyeri for viewing as well as revealing the model houses. My question is why is it that Juja plots which were sold in 2009 have been overtaken by Nyeri which were sold late last year and still they haven't completed selling them. Been to Mhasibu offices countless times and everytime I'm given false promises. I smell something samaki here
Thiong'o
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 11:12:33 AM

groupielove wrote:
Mshindi wrote:

In yesterday's paper (DN)they were inviting those who bought land at Nyeri for viewing as well as revealing the model houses. My question is why is it that Juja plots which were sold in 2009 have been overtaken by Nyeri which were sold late last year and still they haven't completed selling them. Been to Mhasibu offices countless times and everytime I'm given false promises. I smell something samaki here

@groupielove, The advert was from Mhasibu Investment Co. Ltd.

Mhasibu Housing Company Ltd and Mhasibu Investment Company Ltd are two distinct companies with common/shared origin but different mandates.

Mhasibu Housing company Ltd
Our core business is to provide models for affordable housing solutions.
http://www.mhasibuhousing.co.ke/

Mhasibu Investment Company Ltd
Our investment portfolio is made up of investments in real Estate, money and the stocks market which have had very fulfilling returns
http://www.micl.co.ke/in...=frontpage&Itemid=1
groupielove
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 12:36:48 PM

Mhasibu Housing Company Ltd and Mhasibu Investment Company Ltd are two distinct companies with common/shared origin but different mandates.

Our investment portfolio is made up of investments in real Estate, money and the stocks market which have had very fulfilling returns
[/quote]

But don't you think it is confusing us because the Juja plots were for Mhasibu Housing and now the Nyeri Plots are from Mhasibu Investment? There therefore no clear Mandate. My certificate of completion for Juja plot is from Mhasibu Housing but Nyeri plots are being sold by Mhasibu Investment. So which different mandates are those??
What is important to me is to have allocation of the plot that I paid for and subsequent title deed. Why do they keep giving half truths about the plots NKT
Stra
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:58:10 PM

Has anyone received any news on this? Have written to them; not received a reply. I smell a big rat & thinking of pulling out?
theking
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:08:33 AM

i also paid for a piece in full in 2009, 3 years later nothing and no word from mhasibu. What is happening? We the affected persons should unite to get the details of what is happening
TiggerTiggy
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:11:46 PM

tunaomba serikali iingilie kati. i can bet they are having issues with thika lands office.
jerry
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:44:07 PM

Stra wrote:
Has anyone received any news on this? Have written to them; not received a reply. I smell a big rat & thinking of pulling out?

How does some1 pull out? why are the officials not communicating?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
mozenrat
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:11:10 PM

groupielove wrote:

But don't you think it is confusing us because the Juja plots were for Mhasibu Housing and now the Nyeri Plots are from Mhasibu Investment? There therefore no clear Mandate. My certificate of completion for Juja plot is from Mhasibu Housing but Nyeri plots are being sold by Mhasibu Investment. So which different mandates are those??
What is important to me is to have allocation of the plot that I paid for and subsequent title deed. Why do they keep giving half truths about the plots NKT[/quote]

It may be confusing to you but really the responsibility for understanding who you are buying property for is yours entirely. Its like buying from SafariTel and from Safaricom and claiming to be confused.. like someone says these are two distinct companies
hobbit
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:05:06 PM

TiggerTiggy wrote:
tunaomba serikali iingilie kati. i can bet they are having issues with thika lands office.

I also believe shida iko hapa..... this office is a hard nut to crack...
dnn
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:13:50 AM

Anyone with further info here?
Thiong'o
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:50:57 AM

This makes the distinction much clearer.

Mhasibu Housing Company Limited (MHCL) is a fully owned subsidiary of Mhasibu Sacco.

Mhasibu Investment Company Limited or MICL is offering sale of its shares to existing members and non members. http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...&t=18321#post274147

I managed to engage the chairman of Mhasibu Housing on Juja plots and these are his exact words on the subdivisions and the title deeds:
“These are processes that take time, there are many stages involved and each stage on its own takes time. People have to be patient.”
MKWASI
#14 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 5:14:18 PM

The words of the Chairman are hard to believe. I have been trying to follow up the issue.A source tells me (today) that their is leadership wrangle between the Directors of M Housing and that of M Sacco. It is alleged that the directors of M sacco are interfering with the activities of M Housing. It is also being alleged that the Directors of M sacco are also colluding with the surveyors to delay the processes, as some of the directors are eyeing (read unallocated plots). I do not know to what extent the information is true, but if the information is anything to go by- it may point to the reason why these processes are not seeing the light of the day.
Stra
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:09:47 PM

Mhasibu sent a text of a scheduled meeting today @ 5.30p.m, at KIE-Ngara to brief on the progress of this project. Am not in Nairobi, kindly whoever attends please update.
Gathige
#16 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 12:45:06 PM

Stra wrote:
Mhasibu sent a text of a scheduled meeting today @ 5.30p.m, at KIE-Ngara to brief on the progress of this project. Am not in Nairobi, kindly whoever attends please update.

Any one in the house who attended? Pse update
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
dnn
#17 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 1:52:13 PM

was there:
said the delay is largely because of the owner/seller.
a. He was initially skeptic of mhasibu's capability to buy 300 acres/ha( not sure which) and offered an initial 200 with 'promise' to give 100 more on completion.

story goes like this: once completed mhasibu assumed the 100 will go @ the price of the 200, but the owner hiked to 1.2( b I think), and after client agreeing and releasing to the members, the owner again hiked to 1.6. (Question- weren't there any binding documents at these agreements for the owner to want to extract max. cents from mhasibu?)
Apparently at this point mhasibu decided to source another parcel and got @ 6km form thika s/highway.
-more contributions may be asked for to cover the extra cost.

b. While fencing the 200 units recently, a group (over 100) confronted the contractor claiming having bought the land. The matter is being handled at the chief's/lawyers offices, with the two groups' officials.

c. Members were however briefed on the modalities of the hopefull plots disbursement.

mtotana
#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:28:27 AM

dnn wrote:
was there:
said the delay is largely because of the owner/seller.
a. He was initially skeptic of mhasibu's capability to buy 300 acres/ha( not sure which) and offered an initial 200 with 'promise' to give 100 more on completion.

story goes like this: once completed mhasibu assumed the 100 will go @ the price of the 200, but the owner hiked to 1.2( b I think), and after client agreeing and releasing to the members, the owner again hiked to 1.6. (Question- weren't there any binding documents at these agreements for the owner to want to extract max. cents from mhasibu?)
Apparently at this point mhasibu decided to source another parcel and got @ 6km form thika s/highway.
-more contributions may be asked for to cover the extra cost.

b. While fencing the 200 units recently, a group (over 100) confronted the contractor claiming having bought the land. The matter is being handled at the chief's/lawyers offices, with the two groups' officials.

c. Members were however briefed on the modalities of the hopefull plots disbursement.

@dnn is this what you were referring to in part (b) above?
link http://gbskenya.com/land-dispute-3/
luxel
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:27:53 PM

Mhasibu group should just drop this land buying business or ask the member to use another name. They are going to spoil the good name of Mhasibu sacco and MICL.
Even if this juja deal goes through, most of you will still be frustrated at the point of allocating the plots.
Consult those who had applied for Runda plots and you will understand how the con game is played out at the end.
MKWASI
#20 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 9:07:05 AM

@ Luxel, I agree with you this is Con game at best. I attended one their meetings (Ruiru one's). These guys have funny stories always blaming the surveyor this surveyor that!!To make it worse they are saying there a few additional costs which would be owners have to foot, we have to always pay for their inefficiencies.Before I buy anything from them I have to think hard, really very hard.