wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages<12345>»
Facebook IPO
hisah
#41 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:39:27 PM

Wow! Apple is almost approaching $500B market cap with a Fwd P/E of 10. At the current price of $519 it is so overbought on the daily chart. Why would one get into facebook's IPO with Apple being on a cheap fwd P/E... Which firm will out-live the other...

http://finance.yahoo.com...ale=off;source=undefined
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
the deal
#42 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:51:10 PM

[quote=hisah]Wow! Apple is almost approaching $500B market cap with a Fwd P/E of 10. At the current price of $519 it is so overbought on the daily chart. Why would one get into facebook's IPO with Apple being on a cheap fwd P/E... Which firm will out-live the other...

http://finance.yahoo.com...le=off;source=undefined[/quote]
Nokia was once untouchable, with Steve Jobs gone anything can happen.
Gatheuzi
#43 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:04:50 PM

Facebook has accumulated an unprecedented 845 million users representing 12.07% of the entire world's population.

But does that merit an offering worth as much as $100 billion?

There are 7 billion people on the planet today, 5.15 billion of whom live on $10 or less a day. Of that group, roughly 3 billion people live on less than $2.50 a day.

That means if you remove those who live on less than $10 a day because they theoretically can't afford a computer or a phone or don't have enough disposable income to be monetized, that leaves roughly 1.85 billion potential Facebook users.

In a perfect world where a company could capture 100% of its target market, that would cap Facebook's potential user growth at 118.93%.

But we don't live in perfect world. As far as I know, no company has ever captured 100% of its target market. Not once ever.

And another thing, Microsoft was traded at a split and dividend-adjusted price of $0.08 on March 13, 1996. As of January 30, 2012, the stock was trading at $29.61, which means Microsoft stock has delivered a mouthwatering 36,913% return over the last 16 years.

For Facebook to deliver similar returns at its proposed $100 billion valuation, Facebook's market cap would have to increase to $36.21 trillion. That's roughly 57.47% of the entire world's GDP.

Possible?????
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
hisah
#44 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:12:50 PM

the deal wrote:
[quote=hisah]Wow! Apple is almost approaching $500B market cap with a Fwd P/E of 10. At the current price of $519 it is so overbought on the daily chart. Why would one get into facebook's IPO with Apple being on a cheap fwd P/E... Which firm will out-live the other...

http://finance.yahoo.com...le=off;source=undefined[/quote]

Nokia was once untouchable, with Steve Jobs gone anything can happen.

Perhaps this is a more clear query, which firm is in a more volatile space? Between social media and manufacturing, which one is more prone to human emotion? If RIM (makers of those ugly looking blackberry phones) is still alive, then I don't see facebook lasting the mile... Just my opinion. I don't see it being a unique business offering something not so difficult to replicate...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
kyt
#45 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:13:40 PM

saying tha people living on $10 dollars a day cant buy a phone is a BIG mis-representation of facts
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Nabwire
#46 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:48:14 AM

Never mind, I guess its copyrighted info.
'user'
#47 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:31:21 PM

Nabwire wrote:

true I know many pple who live on less than a dollar a day but still own internet enable phones
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
youcan'tstopusnow
#48 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:11:31 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Facebook has accumulated an unprecedented 845 million users representing 12.07% of the entire world's population.

But does that merit an offering worth as much as $100 billion?

There are 7 billion people on the planet today, 5.15 billion of whom live on $10 or less a day. Of that group, roughly 3 billion people live on less than $2.50 a day.

That means if you remove those who live on less than $10 a day because they theoretically can't afford a computer or a phone or don't have enough disposable income to be monetized, that leaves roughly 1.85 billion potential Facebook users.

In a perfect world where a company could capture 100% of its target market, that would cap Facebook's potential user growth at 118.93%.

But we don't live in perfect world. As far as I know, no company has ever captured 100% of its target market. Not once ever.

And another thing, Microsoft was traded at a split and dividend-adjusted price of $0.08 on March 13, 1996. As of January 30, 2012, the stock was trading at $29.61, which means Microsoft stock has delivered a mouthwatering 36,913% return over the last 16 years.

For Facebook to deliver similar returns at its proposed $100 billion valuation, Facebook's market cap would have to increase to $36.21 trillion. That's roughly 57.47% of the entire world's GDP.

Possible?????

IMPOSSIBLE!
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Cde Monomotapa
#49 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:38:51 PM

'user' wrote:
Nabwire wrote:

true I know many pple who live on less than a dollar a day but still own internet enable phones

ParaNdox.
Nabwire
#50 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:09:36 AM

hisah
#51 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:24:44 AM

This FB hype esp being floated when the Nasdaq is overstretched says a lot. I pity average joe who'll hardly get the IPO price as the prices are squeezed up on listing. Buying tops is the theme for this stock for average joe. All the best.
Nabwire
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:44:46 AM

Pessimists never win. I envy people who are getting in now coz they will make loot!!! Dont hate, congratulate!!!
hisah
#53 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:59:34 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Pessimists never win. I envy people who are getting in now coz they will make loot!!! Dont hate, congratulate!!!

I will patiently wait for that kodak moment smile
Nabwire
#54 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:03:17 AM

LOL dont talk too soon, Kodak is trading OTC, lets talk in the fall
#55 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:18:33 AM

Nabwire wrote:

Well spoken. Wait and see the same thing happening right here at home with Konza. The prophets of doom are spreading the gospel of impossibility and how this is a bad idea then 15 years from now we'll be regretting when our kids as us how we missed on this opportunity and cursing the foreigners for owning most of it.

BBI will solve it
:)
mkeiy
#56 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 4:36:19 PM

'user' wrote:
Nabwire wrote:

What he/she should have said is, those living/earning less than a dollar per day don't represent a potential market.
If part of the millions of users are the likes of my class six nephew,then we have serious over-hyping.
But money will be made before a tears flood.
Nabwire
#57 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:41:28 AM

So apparently Nike is moving away from traditional tv and magazine advertising and moving to advertise on social media instead. Win Win situation coz they drastically reduce their advertising expenses while connecting more effeciently with their target audience. If anyone stil thinks Facebook will be a bubble, shauri yenu. This thing is going to the moon!!!

http://management.fortun.../nike-digital-marketing/
mkeiy
#58 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:15:37 PM

[quote=Nabwire]So apparently Nike is moving away from traditional tv and magazine advertising and moving to advertise on social media instead. Win Win situation coz they drastically reduce their advertising expenses while connecting more effeciently with their target audience. If anyone stil thinks Facebook will be a bubble, shauri yenu. This thing is going to the moon!!!

http://management.fortun...nike-digital-marketing/[/quote]

What does the red part tell you?

Smaller paycheck to facebook.
Nabwire
#59 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:17:00 PM

Its cheaper to advertise on FB than on traditional media, so its a drastic reduction for Nike, but a drastic increase for FB. Instead of small mom and pops ad revenues, FB will have Nike, you do know Nike has Billions so what they consider small is huge in reality. I can look up the exact numbers for you, I can guarantee you its in 100's of millions which is chump change for Nike.
GenghisCapitalLtd
#60 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 3:42:29 PM

Nabwire thank you for that NIKE link. Nike spent 2.4Bn in advertising with less and less going to TV advertisement and more to the digital end. I think this trend will be followed by the other blue chip companies in the UK. I mean check out this link.

http://shopping.yahoo.co...-before-her-father-did/

If they have reached that level, just imagine how far they would go if they advertise in the social media. that's y it will be huge in upcoming years and facebook will benefit immensely (huge data store). Don't know whether i am making sense
Follow us on Twitter @genghiscapital
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” Steve Jobs,iGenius