wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages123>»
Facebook IPO
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:06:17 AM

So how can someone get a piece of this from here (Kenya)?

BBI will solve it
:)
harrydre
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:19:22 PM

2012 wrote:

This will be another Safaricom share. Just watch first no rush.
i.am.back!!!!
Drunkard
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:36:46 PM

harrydre wrote:
2012 wrote:

Give a justification for your assessment
QW25091985
#4 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 3:01:34 AM

2012 wrote:

with the share costing 4k how many do you think you can buy !
itz
#5 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 4:31:38 AM

2012 wrote:

open a stock trading account in US as a foreigner and wait for the IPO, then buy the shares on the opening day.
jamplu
#6 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 7:30:24 AM

harrydre wrote:
2012 wrote:

can you justify your comment ama ni kuongea tu for the sake. some companies don't just wake up and decide to do an IPO!

Thiong'o
#7 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 8:52:15 AM

jamplu wrote:
harrydre wrote:
2012 wrote:

can you justify your comment ama ni kuongea tu for the sake. some companies don't just wake up and decide to do an IPO!

At Granite Investment Advisors in New Hampshire, Chief Investment Officer Scott Schermerhorn has already been fielding queries from clients eager to get in on the action.

"We had some clients call and once we step them through the numbers, they sober up," he said. "The valuation is 100 times earnings in a stock market that is trading at 12."

"At the end of the day, if you have a small amount of money that you are in a position to lose a chunk of it and you want to speculate on Facebook, go ahead," he added. "But don't use money that you really need to save to do it. I would put it in Microsoft, which is dirt cheap right now."

Read more.
http://www.reuters.com/a...t-idUSTRE81206020120203

QW25091985
#8 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 9:09:50 AM

#9 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 9:42:38 AM

harrydre wrote:

What! This is a gold mine! This guys are holding so much cash and the only logical reason they are doing the IPO is to get some cash to thank the people who have made FB what it is. FB is estimated to be worth about $100b and the IPO is for $5b. Please justify your claim.

BBI will solve it
:)
GenghisCapitalLtd
#10 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 10:05:13 AM

QW25091985 wrote:
2012 wrote:

Enyewe the secondary trading of Facebook shares was at $35.50 (USDKES is at 81.4 at the moment). The fact that it's one of the hottest IPOs ever will limit your the number of shares that a retail investor like yourself will be allocated. Huge institutional investors have expressed their desires to participate heavily in this IPO.
Another avenue could be investing in funds that already have Facebook shares - like T. Rowe Price Media & Telecommunications Fund (PRMTX) invested $12Mn in 507,349 facebook shares in 2011 around $25 per share. They have already made gains with the shares at $35.50 when secondary trading was frozen a week ago.
Our sister company, Winton Investments Services Limited who deal in offshore investments are looking into ways of making these shares available to interested Kenyan investors. Please send your queries to info@winton-investments.com for further clarification on this matter.
Follow us on Twitter @genghiscapital
“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” Steve Jobs,iGenius
hisah
#11 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 6:19:05 PM

Quote:
At its anticipated IPO later this year, Facebook will be three times more expensive than Google was at its IPO — and nearly 40 times more expensive than the average large IPO of the last four decades. Mark Hulbert Discusses on The Markets Hub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNHWYUm7ZU

And with Goldman sucks (GS) involved, well a repeat of this will not surprise me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLx2Xc1EXLg
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Nabwire
#12 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 8:53:07 PM

GenghisCapitalLtd wrote:
QW25091985 wrote:
2012 wrote:

Enyewe the secondary trading of Facebook shares was at $35.50 (USDKES is at 81.4 at the moment). The fact that it's one of the hottest IPOs ever will limit your the number of shares that a retail investor like yourself will be allocated. Huge institutional investors have expressed their desires to participate heavily in this IPO.
Another avenue could be investing in funds that already have Facebook shares - like T. Rowe Price Media & Telecommunications Fund (PRMTX) invested $12Mn in 507,349 facebook shares in 2011 around $25 per share. They have already made gains with the shares at $35.50 when secondary trading was frozen a week ago.
Our sister company, Winton Investments Services Limited who deal in offshore investments are looking into ways of making these shares available to interested Kenyan investors. Please send your queries to info@winton-investments.com for further clarification on this matter.

As far as I know, you have to have a valid social security number to invest in any US stocks, so im just wondering how you will get Kenyan investors into this IPO? Or as a fund through Winton?( meaning you will most likely charge way more than IPO price to your members?) By the way are you like the owner of this company, im sure you are not an employee judging from your posts.I must say I like your corporate image even though I had never heard of Genghis prior.Applause
Anyways I think FB will do well with the IPO given they have the almighty backing of Google. Though I wont get into it, the opportunity cost is too great.
guru267
#13 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 9:56:41 PM

2012 wrote:
harrydre wrote:

What! This is a gold mine! Please justify your claim.

At a P/E of 100 times it will perform exactly like safcom..
After listing it will go up significantly but wen the market realizes that earnings will never catch up to the price it will collapse 50% from its listing price..

Investing 101: just because a company is highly profitable does not mean its shares are cheap¡¡

Value investors always crush & destroy growth investors in the long term..
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
harrydre
#14 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 10:36:36 PM

The valuation of FB is speculative. How they got the $100billion number cannot be supported by anything. It's just like creating a number out of thin air. The big investors will take the initial IPO and make the share rise slightly then, they will sell to poor investors and the share will come down just like sfcom.This is just my view
i.am.back!!!!
the deal
#15 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 10:43:37 PM

Social Media is a bubble...sell when things are still hot...sometimes the best investment decision is when to exit not enter.
QW25091985
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:15:52 AM

the deal wrote:
Social Media is a bubble...sell when things are still hot...sometimes the best investment decision is when to exit not enter.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause . indeed . entry is just as important as excit
Nabwire
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:08:04 AM

QW25091985 wrote:
the deal wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause . indeed . entry is just as important as excit

sasa excit ni nini?????
You guys need to think outside-in. Facebook is very valuable especially now that it has Google's backing
1. As long as there will be teenagers and tweenagers, Facebook will stay valuable. However, FB has to keep innovating and keeping their target audience captive lest it goes the way of myspace. Thus far I think FB does a good job on innovation.
2.How important do you think the info that people voluntarily give on the FB page is? How much is it worth to a marketer to know what someone likes/dislikes, where they work, what their location is, what their age is, what their socio-economic status is etc etc.Plus marketers can reach out to a target audience by asking them to like a certain product and thus being able to market even more stuff to them directly.
3. How valuable is it to the US government to know what people's affiliations are, what relationship they have with different people, what their recent activites are ( especially if they are on parole)
4. How valuable is FB to developed worlds to finally have a record of people in the developing world, how to reach them, what they like, what their political inclinations are, basically being able to analyze their habits and use that for economic gain.
I wouldnt write off the FB IPO, Wallstreet will embrace it since its a great marketing tool, the only question is how long will they embrace it for/ how long till the bubble bursts. Some bubbles burst immediately, but some like Apple grow enormous legs smile
Nabwire
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:19:29 AM

guru267
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:48:52 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Some bubbles burst immediately, but some like Apple grow enormous legs smile

Apple has a forward P/E of 14 so do not compare it to facebook..

Absolutely NOTHING can justify a P/E of 100 especially in these uncertain days.. That is just pure greed¡¡
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
QW25091985
#20 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:47:40 AM

Facebk and safcom can never be the same. What killed safcom was the huge float.
I see the minimal float of fb helpin it maintain above the list price.
Definatly i dnt see facebook price collapsing.