wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Kumbe a Professor earns only 165k....before tax
kiterunner
#81 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 1:43:49 PM

Matiangi says that from January 2018, University staff will only be hired on contract!!!

Things are about to finally become competitive in Kenyan Unis
our goals are best achieved indirectly
tony stark
#82 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 3:01:01 PM

kiterunner wrote:
Matiangi says that from January 2018, University staff will only be hired on contract!!!

How does matiangi suggests to get rid of permanent and pensionable staff? Worse from the civil service? Liar Liar Liar
Eavns
#83 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:16:35 PM

and does anyone know the salary range or rates for clerk's who are in grade 3 especially in higher institutions of learning like public universities.
Lolest!
#84 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:30:33 PM

tony stark wrote:
kiterunner wrote:

How does matiangi suggests to get rid of permanent and pensionable staff? Worse from the civil service? Liar Liar Liar

Should be for new staff
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
MugundaMan
#85 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 11:35:39 AM

kyt wrote:
U cant compare what people in germany and US (1st world countries) earn with what kenyans earn. not here, the ecominies are world's apart.

You have a point my braddah.

When I used to work in the fast food industry part time majuu as a student working hard to maliza uni I would earned the equivalent of kedo 150-175k per month just from that part time gig (tips included). And this wasy maaany years ago so equivalent today would be 300k and above. Yet there, that was very little money. Could barely save after paying my rent, car insurance, daily expenses, electricity, water, cellphone bill, school supplies na kadhalika.

So I had to get a second job to generate enough income for savings and school fees. Na hizo jobs sio mjezo my fren. One day a huge Jaquan/Ladarius with violent temper confronted me for directing him to do his job in a better way. Dadii karibu anichape mangumi papo hapo. His nostrils were exapanding and contracting with rage because he felt I had "dissed" him. I thought he would go to his car to get his heat from his glove compartment and pump some lead into my cranium. But most of y'all don't know anything about that. Ogopa those guys manze. The struggle majuu is real.

But back to topic 165k is not bad here. Adjust for PPP. Things are cheap hapa. I saw someone complaining bitterly hapa wazoo about paying a plumber 4k kshs. I almost laughed till I cried. Ask our braddahs abroad how much those plumbers charge just to fix a leaky tap. Besides, it is not what you earn but what you keep that matters. Some chaps earn 1m a month yet own zero.

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu
simonkabz
#86 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 1:19:54 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
kyt wrote:
U cant compare what people in germany and US (1st world countries) earn with what kenyans earn. not here, the ecominies are world's apart.

You have a point my braddah.

When I used to work in the fast food industry part time majuu as a student working hard to maliza uni I would earned the equivalent of kedo 150-175k per month just from that part time gig (tips included). And this wasy maaany years ago so equivalent today would be 300k and above. Yet there, that was very little money. Could barely save after paying my rent, car insurance, daily expenses, electricity, water, cellphone bill, school supplies na kadhalika.

So I had to get a second job to generate enough income for savings and school fees. Na hizo jobs sio mjezo my fren. One day a huge Jaquan/Ladarius with violent temper confronted me for directing him to do his job in a better way. Dadii karibu anichape mangumi papo hapo. His nostrils were exapanding and contracting with rage because he felt I had "dissed" him. I thought he would go to his car to get his heat from his glove compartment and pump some lead into my cranium. But most of y'all don't know anything about that. Ogopa those guys manze. The struggle majuu is real.

But back to topic 165k is not bad here. Adjust for PPP. Things are cheap hapa. I saw someone complaining bitterly hapa wazoo about paying a plumber 4k kshs. I almost laughed till I cried. Ask our braddahs abroad how much those plumbers charge just to fix a leaky tap. Besides, it is not what you earn but what you keep that matters. Some chaps earn 1m a month yet own zero.

Ni hayo maoni yangu tu

Well said.

I have a relative who works 16hrs monday-saturday, and 8hrs on sunday. He now has 3 flats and planning to retire with a nice monthly pension.

Agitation for huge salaries in Kenya has become a disease. The worst was the doctor's strike and they struck me as very heartless fellows. How do you justify the deaths of Kenyans while demanding for more pay? A one-on-one convo with a doctor would get sickening in record time. Kumbe masomo sio kila kitu. Iko kaujinga fulani huwezi toa na masomo.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!