wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Kumbe a Professor earns only 165k....before tax
ocampo
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:07:32 PM

@karqui....why spread rumors? Wazua is a platform of facts not village talk club. I lecture in one of the public universities and the figures you have highlighted there are wrong.
Lets not be vague, we go to hague
wanyee
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:54:18 PM

@ocampo some people here really go overboard to trash education..makes me wonder why
jaggernaut
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:24:09 PM

ocampo wrote:
@karqui....why spread rumors? Wazua is a platform of facts not village talk club. I lecture in one of the public universities and the figures you have highlighted there are wrong.

Agreed. A relative lectures at 'The' and those figures are totally wrong. I have looked at her payslip and she earns much more than the figures up there. Not to mention earnings from the Module II programme.
maka
#44 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 7:12:39 AM

Now then if they are earning much more they shouldn,t strike as someone said in the previous posts people should be paid according to the value they offer at the moment its very minimal.@wanyee nobody is rubbishing or trashing education.Education is good problem is most of the guys assisting in providing it are bogus.
possunt quia posse videntur
jaggernaut
#45 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 9:13:53 AM

maka wrote:
Now then if they are earning much more they shouldn,t strike as someone said in the previous posts people should be paid according to the value they offer at the moment its very minimal.@wanyee nobody is rubbishing or trashing education.Education is good problem is most of the guys assisting in providing it are bogus.

I don't think the work the dons do i.e training/minting the professionals that run this country and economy eg. doctors, engineers, lawyers, architects, accountants, scientists etc can be termed as very minimal. As for the pay, they could be earning more than those figures quoted but it is still 'peanuts' compared to the work that they do. Despite their enormous contribution and all their education, how many can afford to drive decent cars (not 7yr old ex japan jalopies) or live in decent estates like Runda etc?
pariah
#46 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 10:12:34 AM

why is it so had to come by real data in kenya? could someone please give the proper figures please
ocampo
#47 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 12:05:55 PM

@jaggernaut....lets get real.
A while ago, many university professors were very proud of their title that it carried them away. As a result, many are living pathetically not because of what they earn(ed) but what they did with their cash.
We noted such mistakes and are avoiding such pitfalls. It was a shame to the academia.
The new crop of university lectures are really versatile and many are living well with massive investments. I started lecturing in 2010 and with the investments i have, i choose not to complain.
luttz
#48 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 2:52:25 PM

@Ocampo, can you please inbox me on luttah@me.com, got some questions/concerns which am sure you gonna help me deal with. I am keenly thinking of venturing into the field
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
karqui
#49 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 2:54:46 PM

pariah wrote:
why is it so had to come by real data in kenya? could someone please give the proper figures please

@pariah, so nicely asked.

let those who are trashing the figures given provide the 'real' figures.
for all i know that is the beginning salary for the respective grades, let they know module II is extra pay and most are in the mid of there respective grades.
bkismat
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:08:23 AM

@ocampo and others who were on @karqui's case what he quoted is what in on today's Daily Nation.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
rock
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:20:13 AM

bkismat wrote:
@ocampo and others who were on @karqui's case what he quoted is what in on today's Daily Nation.

Sure???
bkismat
#52 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:46:17 AM

rock wrote:
bkismat wrote:
@ocampo and others who were on @karqui's case what s/he quoted is what in on today's Daily Nation.

Sure???

Happy?
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Seles83
#53 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:50:49 AM

I know for sure the government cannot afford to pay well teachers and civil servants:
-Why can they offer subsidies for them:
- Medical at Public Hospitals and Referrals
-Tution Fees for Kids in Public Universities and Colleges

Make them proud to work for government once more..
More monies, more problems...
jaggernaut
#54 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:45:38 AM

Seles83 wrote:
I know for sure the government cannot afford to pay well teachers and civil servants:

It's strange that in the West, govt employees earn more and have more benefits than private sector employees. Everybody's dream is to work for serikal. I understand it used to be the same situation in Kenya years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/mar/27/public-private-sector-pay

poundfoolish
#55 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:21:00 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Seles83 wrote:

It's strange that in the West, govt employees earn more and have more benefits than private sector employees. Everybody's dream is to work for serikal. I understand it used to be the same situation in Kenya years ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/mar/27/public-private-sector-pay

why cant we just privatise basic education anyway? nursery schools are not govt owned and run well..no disruptions.... some areas and am talking middleclass to poor areas dont have public schools in the vicinity private schools have filled the gap.. the public schools we have are congested.... Universities are also going private...

As the Americans decree.... get government out of our lives... keep govt as minimal as possible...natural resources(minerals n wildlife) military, police, national roads and overal fiscal regulation, foreign relations bas!...

im effing tired of paying nhif only to read that they use up 75bob out of every 100bob for admin... why cant i choose who to invest my future in...
why should i pay nhif an get AAR cover cos even govt doctors die in govt hospitals due to poor service..

who knows of any business the govt delivers well?

karqui
#56 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:25:06 PM

bkismat wrote:
rock wrote:
bkismat wrote:
@ocampo and others who were on @karqui's case what s/he quoted is what in on today's Daily Nation.

Sure???

Happy?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

semenya ......
Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
rock
#57 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:45:29 PM

karqui wrote:
bkismat wrote:
rock wrote:
bkismat wrote:

Sure???

Happy?

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

semenya ......
Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray

@karqui=socket,kweli rongo?! Smile if am right Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
bird_man
#58 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:53:00 PM

You know why some say the gvt cannot afford?Corruption.

The fact is the government can afford these salaries from our taxes.I once read somewhere (Transparency Int. I think) that the 1Trillion plus budget is usually that high to cater for corruption.If spending was done properly the real budget would be about 400B.

Back in 2010 I saw some IT hardware tenders prepared for NHIF, laptops that usually go for 60K from authorised HP resellers were going for 150K on that tender (2.5times more). Why?Corruption budget.We can afford to pay civil servants well.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
ocampo
#59 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:05:04 PM

The problem with many Kenyans is believing what is in the newspapers is news.
pariah
#60 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:49:37 PM

Moi Univeristy Salary Scale (May 2012)

Professor Scale 15 (xv) - Min of Ksh. 113,140/= p.m. - Max of Kshs. 165,600/= p.m

Associate Professor Scale 14 (xiv) - Min of Ksh. 96,157/= p.m. - Max of Kshs. 135,262/= p.m

Senior Lecturer Scale 13 (xiii) - Min of Ksh. 73,680/= p.m. - Max of Kshs. 105,766/= p.m

Lecturer Scale 12 (xii) - Min of Ksh. 65,192/= p.m. - Max of Kshs. 92,954/= p.m

Tutorial Fellow Scale/ Assistant Lecturer Scale 11(xii) - Min of Ksh. 54,582/= p.m. - Max of Kshs. 77,924/= p.m