wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
A 2 bedroom house at a cost of 420,000 in syokimau.
Kratos
#81 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:12:24 PM

I have also had the chance to look at the documents and plans. Am no expert so it has left me rather confused. The "live" pictures are for a single room steel house (which don't look very impressive to me since they look like a normal mabati house albeit stronger if anything). The quotations are a bit confusing as well. Anyone who has understood the documents?
I have had the chance to stay in a container house and it was quite different from what am seeing here.

Moving on, has anyone constructed an average house (one bedroom, living room, kitchen) with the hydraform blocks? What would be a good budget to set aside for such considering that its an out of town house?

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
'user'
#82 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:25:11 PM

GGK wrote:
Its called vapourware. Create an impression that you have a panacea to all problems then continually market the delay in releasing details. Finally what comes through falls short of expectations. Microsoft does it all the time.

For those who think you can get a complete house in under 200k, you may have to look elsewhere. Stabilized Soil Blocks may help. GoK is providing this service. I'll be back with more info

thanks bring on whatever you get.atleast we are not talking of millions
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
GGK
#83 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:10:37 PM

Kratos wrote:
I have also had the chance to look at the documents and plans. Am no expert so it has left me rather confused. The "live" pictures are for a single room steel house (which don't look very impressive to me since they look like a normal mabati house albeit stronger if anything). The quotations are a bit confusing as well. Anyone who has understood the documents?
I have had the chance to stay in a container house and it was quite different from what am seeing here.

Moving on, has anyone constructed an average house (one bedroom, living room, kitchen) with the hydraform blocks? What would be a good budget to set aside for such considering that its an out of town house?

Try looking at the shared link. Its more clearer
https://docs.google.com/...LWFmYTYtNjcyODYzOGFmZWM4
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
GGK
#84 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:34:22 PM

GoK through Ministry of Housing has initiated an alternative ways of availing the prefab houses with interlocking walls that use any fine sand and very little cement at no extra cost.

The hydro form machines are offered free of charge by Gok, all you need is to transport it on sight and buy Diesel fuel for machine.

Each provincial area has an average of 13 machines. The future plan is to get one for every constituency.

Please contact director@housing.go.ke for provincial contacts
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
lovenuffs
#85 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:15:42 AM

GGK wrote:
GoK through Ministry of Housing has initiated an alternative ways of availing the prefab houses with interlocking walls that use any fine sand and very little cement at no extra cost.

The hydro form machines are offered free of charge by Gok, all you need is to transport it on sight and buy Diesel fuel for machine.

Each provincial area has an average of 13 machines. The future plan is to get one for every constituency.

Are this machines still available. And for Nairobi area where would one start.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
jaggernaut
#86 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2015 5:39:29 PM

lovenuffs wrote:
GGK wrote:

Are this machines still available. And for Nairobi area where would one start.

Ministry of housing hapo community .........or call Sonko rescue team
M Karoki
#87 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 2:31:37 PM

@User

almost five years down,hows the 420k project?
There's no WORSE enemy than a man with limited resources,he's got NOTHING to lose.
Gatheuzi
#88 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 9:14:32 AM

M Karoki wrote:
@User

almost five years down,hows the 420k project?

@user needs to update us. Anyway, I guess the budget was not enough as expected.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
The Great
#89 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 10:04:07 AM

Bloody white elephant.
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Sober
#90 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2016 6:50:50 PM

The Great wrote:
Bloody white elephant.

I hope no one was hurt
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
WILSON198
#91 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2018 11:10:12 AM

lets not lie to ourselves. make a budget of not less than 600k minus the plot. am building a simple two bedroom na foundation imetumia 230k
ombaalbt
#92 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 11:53:17 AM

WILSON198 wrote:
lets not lie to ourselves. make a budget of not less than 600k minus the plot. am building a simple two bedroom na foundation imetumia 230k

@WILSON198 we're you able to complete the project how did it go? What was the final cost?
Learning to sit on my hands
MugundaMan
#93 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 1:07:59 PM

If PRI is able to build this for 1m (their overhead/profits as well as approvals and all fees inclusive) then surely with 600-800k one can easily build the same on their own.

http://pri.co.ke/propert.../1-br-ensuite-bungalow/

And this is when you follow all rules. I know one kanjamaa who said most of us are "fools" for following the rules ati approvals nini nini. The guy just built a mabati fence around his 1/8th so that no one can see inside, sneaked in materials over night when nobody was looking, got kawaida fundis to excavate and start building. In one years time he had a beautiful 2br home that many would envy for a "whopping" 900k. To this day he is living there enjoying himself. I would not recommend that approach but there are many ways to skin a cat. The main thing that eats up money is inflation of costs and swindling by contractors. Materials are not expensive at all provided you build small and simply without madoido mob.
muandiwambeu
#94 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:12:25 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
If PRI is able to build this for 1m (their overhead/profits as well as approvals and all fees inclusive) then surely with 600-800k one can easily build the same on their own.

http://pri.co.ke/propert.../1-br-ensuite-bungalow/

And this is when you follow all rules. I know one kanjamaa who said most of us are "fools" for following the rules ati approvals nini nini. The guy just built a mabati fence around his 1/8th so that no one can see inside, sneaked in materials over night when nobody was looking, got kawaida fundis to excavate and start building. In one years time he had a beautiful 2br home that many would envy for a "whopping" 900k. To this day he is living there enjoying himself. I would not recommend that approach but there are many ways to skin a cat. The main thing that eats up money is inflation of costs and swindling by contractors. Materials are not expensive at all provided you build small and simply without madoido mob.

Am out to start my own small village with two bedrooms rental houses, budget per unit 200k. Rent per month 5k. Targeted units 40. Walling material, graded composite bamboo briquettes.
There is money to be made here. Fanana na mimi ubarikiwe.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....