wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
A 2 bedroom house at a cost of 420,000 in syokimau.
'user'
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:24:02 PM

Chaka wrote:
'user' wrote:

Glasses and ninio ya kuziweka najua nitapata wapi(hussein glass kenya Ltd)

-drawings Kanju nishapata contact na bei
-Mawe nimepata contact na bei
-Sand nimepata contact na bei
-Cement bei almost the same everywhere
-Milango niko na contact na bei

Its possible

@user,
What about hardcore?

You can get hardcore from the mawe suppliers.A fundi told me that kuna ile mawe ya foundation which can be used instead of hardcore ikibaki unajenga ukuta.It goes at 12000 per lorry.
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
'user'
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:36:12 PM

Another piece of advise, When you buy a plot dont fence it immediately , its waste of money as the fence will likely come down during the construction and you will need a fence when you finish construction instead mwanga mawe and get drawings with the fencing money first.
Fencing an eight acre can cost you up to Ksh40000-50k in Nairobi/ mavoko.

But make sure that you keep on visiting the plot frequently lest cons invade your plot. Also create a rapport with your soon to be neighbours so that they can report to you anyone trying to trespass into your land.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Kratos
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:21:55 PM

GGK wrote:
I bought a copy of the current issue of Homes Kenya Magazine. There is a story there that Mabati Rolling Mills (NRM) are to start selling prefabricated houses. Specifically, it says a ready-made steel house will retail at 80k for a two and 160k for four-room homes respectively.

I will do a followup on this and post my findings right here.

Most likely the above cost might not be including the foundation.

Pray Pray Please do and post here this would be a great idea for the shamba houses where you don't reside but do farming and have to visit frequently

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
Kratos
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:44:32 PM

wanyuru wrote:
got this from the just concluded homes expo. These guys were saying they can put up your house in 45 days and they can start with....the garage and add on the rest mpaka you have that 4 bedroom dream house....wanatumia steel!!

http://space-frame.co.uk/introduction.htm

Did they give you a business card with contacts...their website doesn't give physical location or email address. If you have please share. thank you!

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
josiah33
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:57:09 PM

the cost of roofing for your two bedroomed house might be sh.160,000. check this affordable roofing
josiah33
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:17:30 PM

I don't know if that's cheap especially that u want to build the whole house with sh.420,000. Roofing is supposed to take up to 10% of the whole cost of construction. If u were roofing the usual timber truss way with whatever roof u choose and it costs u sh.160,000 to do so, then it would mean u were building a house that costs around 1.6 million or thereabouts. If this new roofing technology is cheaper, that would mean the sh.160,000 shillings(what it costs to roof a 2 bedroomed house with the complete roofing unit made with the new technology) would be the cost of roofing for a house that would cost way above 1.6 million shillings, it's the only way it would be considered cheap.Well! i stand to be corrected or maybe the people who came up with the maths about roofing taking up to 10% of construction cost should do some revision.
'user'
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:25:18 PM

roof inataka mabatird 35x1635 /- price quoted by ggk =57k mbao approx 30k Nails 5k ceiling board.in 30K fundi 10k max 135k
don't believe what the developers are saying.
B.Timer
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:50:43 AM

'user' wrote:
Another piece of advise, When you buy a plot dont fence it immediately , its waste of money as the fence will likely come down during the construction and you will need a fence when you finish construction instead mwanga mawe and get drawings with the fencing money first.

But make sure that you keep on visiting the plot frequently lest cons invade your plot. Also create a rapport with your soon to be neighbours so that they can report to you anyone trying to trespass into your land.

If fencing a 50x100 plot costs 40-50K, how would construction of a house in the same place cost 420K.

In syokimau that kind of money (420k) is what it would cost to do a foundation of a basic bungalow.

Granted with that kind of money one could do a make believe hse (the type you see upcountry) on red soil. One would have to use very basic material - where quality is not a factor.

Lets be practical folks.
Dunia ni msongamano..
'user'
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:21:13 PM

B.Timer wrote:
'user' wrote:

If fencing a 50x100 plot costs 40-50K, how would construction of a house in the same place cost 420K.

In syokimau that kind of money (420k) is what it would cost to do a foundation of a basic bungalow.

Granted with that kind of money one could do a make believe hse (the type you see upcountry) on red soil. One would have to use very basic material - where quality is not a factor.

Lets be practical folks.

two friends of mine have done it.

I know them well and at time we buy the materials together.some wazuans who have done it have confirmed too.just see my basic calculations and critic them let me know what is missing as I have attempted to use quality and adquate materials.I'm at around 400k now.

josiah33
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:36:53 PM

what would be the cost of the foundation? i know the foundation takes quite a big part of the total cost of costruction especially if your plot is in a place that has cotton soil.
Pablo
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:00:44 PM

Hmmm....

Just seen this. Ill not say its impossible but am yet to see. Possibly my idea of a two bedroomed house may not be the same as anyone else.

As someone said, 8,400/- per SqM?? Nyumba ya mawe, plastered, plumbed, powered, windowed and doored? Aaiii I wait to see.
a4architect.com
#52 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 9:33:34 AM

This 2 bedroomed house was constructed at a cost of KES 850k inclusive of fencing, external works, landscaping, plumbing, electricity, wardobes e.t.c. This was constructed between May 2011 and September 2011.
http://www.a4architect.c...mond-house-at-kiserian/
The cost could have been lower if the owner requested the design to remain similar to the original Diamond House design that has a flattish roof design,Louvre windows and uses Masonry instead of RC where necessary.
http://www.a4architect.c...iamond-house-plan-cost/

As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
a4architect.com
#53 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 9:40:50 AM

Here is a construction materials price index for September 2011 that has guided the Diamond House cost estimates.
http://www.a4architect.c...n-material-price-index/

Foundation costs approx. 15% to 20% of the total costs. Someone can be lucky to have a plot that requires a few cm of excavation till stable ground so they will save quite a huge chunk of construction costs and vice versa hence a large difference in cost estimates between 2 houses of a similar size .
a4architect.com
#54 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 10:35:14 AM

A further construction cost reduction on top of using the Diamond House type can be achieved by using interlocking Stabilized Soil blocks for walling instead of stone since you will save on transport and plaster if your plot does not have black cotton soil.
GGK
#55 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 10:52:21 AM

Following this issue,

Anyone with idea of how much kawaida ceiling boards are these days.

I have quotes for PVC type costing from 625 per square meter.

Are these PVC type good?
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
Chaka
#56 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 10:59:47 AM

a4architect.com wrote:
This 2 bedroomed house was constructed at a cost of KES 850k i/

@a4architect,
Does this cost include construction of the septic tank?
'user'
#57 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 11:34:34 AM

a4architect.com wrote:
This 2 bedroomed house was constructed at a cost of KES 850k inclusive of fencing, external works, landscaping, plumbing, electricity, wardobes e.t.c. This was constructed between May 2011 and September 2011.
http://www.a4architect.c...mond-house-at-kiserian/
The cost could have been lower if the owner requested the design to remain similar to the original Diamond House design that has a flattish roof design,Louvre windows and uses Masonry instead of RC where necessary.
http://www.a4architect.c...iamond-house-plan-cost/

Thank you very much .

A confirmation from an expert .

Try buying a house like this and you will hear the crazy quotes you will get
Mara 5m mara 3.5 etc
CaptainGG
#58 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 1:12:18 PM

@Wazuans
Anything is possible but there are things to consider, talking from experience
1) A house costing 420K will be quite basic coz you will have to compromise on quality. Be sure you will be comfortable in this kind of house especially if used to better houses. Sort out wife and kids part also coz they will live with them in this kahouse of yours
2) Be careful with theoretical advise, if you have never constructed, be careful what you advise others coz the theory rarely traslates to practical.
3) Expect some variation on materials and labour costs, many have constructed and left their houses half-way.
4) @user, you appear quite determined, this is good coz many fear trying, but trend carefully on this one and do not be too sure
5) Please share the experience once done
Blackberry
#59 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 1:25:41 PM

[quote='user'
two friends of mine have done it.

I know them well and at time we buy the materials together.some wazuans who have done it have confirmed too.just see my basic calculations and critic them let me know what is missing as I have attempted to use quality and adquate materials.I'm at around 400k now.

[/quote]
Yes you can!....utaweka milango na dirisha na pesa ikibai kaundercoat, Uingie....then you can do the finishes polepole as you please....well you will have to kiss privacy goodbye coz mutapitana pitana na mafundi. good luck!

Opinion is free, truth is sacred.

a4architect.com
#60 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 1:56:55 PM

@ Chaka. This includes septic tank, outside shower plus toilet, landscaping, electrical wiring, plumbing, steel doors, burgler proofed windows .
http://www.a4architect.c...amond-house-at-kiserian/