wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
nobel prizes
Sober
#1 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2011 9:14:50 PM

and here comes that period that we await the naming of the nobel peace prizes.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
McReggae
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:51:54 AM

Last I checked there was only one 'Nobel peace prize'.....the others are nobel prizes in different fields, I stand to be collected!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kenmac
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:29:37 AM

three winners have been named due to their work in immune system research.

one of them had died in 30th september, and the nobel team was not aware of that. they do not give the prize post humous
......Ecclesiastes
Sober
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:02:48 AM

McReggae wrote:
Last I checked there was only one 'Nobel peace prize'.....the others are nobel prizes in different fields, I stand to be collected!!!

there are various categories and peace is just but one of them. have i corrected you collectly? am not quite sure
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Tebes
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:16:16 PM

The Nobel Prize for chemistry has gone to a single researcher, Dr Shechtman, for his discovery of the structure of quasicrystals

"Under the microscope he observed that the new crystal was made up of perfectly ordered, but never repeating, units - a structure that is at odds with all other crystals that are regular and precisely repeating."

And for that he pockets 10m Swedish krona (£940,000) prize.Applause Applause Applause Applause smile
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
McReggae
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:42:56 PM

Sober wrote:
McReggae wrote:

there are various categories and peace is just but one of them. have i corrected you collectly? am not quite sure

Sober:help me see the difference between my statement and yours!!!

.....when you started the thread you stated:here comes the period of nobel peace prizes, the point of my intervention!!!
bkismat
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:47:41 PM

McReggae wrote:
Sober wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Sober:help me see the difference between my statement and yours!!!

.....when you started the thread you stated:here comes the period of nobel peace prizes, the point of my intervention!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly @ sober does not want to accept he was wrong and it attempting to use words creatively to run away from it.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Sober
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:39:41 AM

i accept that. and in addition proposed that we honor the true innovator and hand Steve Jobs a Prize, just my suggestion.
Insurgent
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:01:29 PM

McReggae wrote:
You only get collected if you were loitering near a prohibited zone or found wetting a wall written, "Usikojoe hapa" or "Kojoa upigwe picha". You can also be collected if you fall down or fall out of love.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

Sober
#10 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 12:50:05 PM

NobelPeacePrize for 2011 jointly awarded to 3 women- Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee and Tawakuul Karman.
masukuma
#11 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 1:08:28 PM

Sober wrote:
NobelPeacePrize for 2011 jointly awarded to 3 women- Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee and Tawakuul Karman.

Kudos to the women who won...they represent the will, the tenacity, the perseverance and the care for humanity embodied in our wives, our mothers, our sisters our aunties, our friends and our comrades. Together we walk forward!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Ms Mkenya
#12 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 1:19:42 PM

Was there a thread about women seemingly overtaking men or did i dream it up?

I still think we have not overtaken despite this nobel prize winners. There still are so many men who have received it!

Whoever it was, relax..
....above all, to stand.
Impunity
#13 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:02:12 PM

Sober wrote:

What has @Sirleaf done to win this award?
I stand to be collected.
d'oh! d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

McReggae
#14 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:13:36 PM

masukuma wrote:
Sober wrote:

Kudos to the women who won...they represent the will, the tenacity, the perseverance and the care for humanity embodied in our wives, our mothers, our sisters our aunties, our friends and our comrades. Together we walk forward!

You think managing that war torn country just from the war is a walk in the path???
bkismat
#15 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:25:05 PM

McReggae wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Sober wrote:

You think managing that war torn country just from the war is a walk in the path???

@Mc maybe you wanted to quote @impunity.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
McReggae
#16 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 2:27:16 PM

Bkismat...true dat!!!!
Elder
#17 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 3:57:35 PM

Sober wrote:
i accept that. and in addition proposed that we honor the true innovator and hand Steve Jobs a Prize, just my suggestion.

You suggesting a Steve Jobs Prize just like the Nobel one?
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
masukuma
#18 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 4:05:09 PM

Elder wrote:
Sober wrote:

You suggesting a Steve Jobs Prize just like the Nobel one?

he was honnored by all the cash he had...by the way their is a rumour doing rounds (sourced from the gospel according to wikileaks) that Steve died from AIDS!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Elder
#19 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 4:59:37 PM

McReggae wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Sober wrote:

From Wikipedia
Quote:
In 2006, Sirleaf established a Truth and Reconciliation Commission with a mandate to "promote national peace, security, unity and reconciliation" by investigating more than 20 years of civil conflict in the country.

In their final report, issued in June 2009, the TRC included Sirleaf in a list of 50 names of people that should be "specifically barred from holding public offices; elected or appointed for a period of thirty (30) years" for "being associated with former warring factions."[28] The proposed ban stemmed from her financial support of former President Taylor in the initial months of the First Liberian Civil War.

On 26 July 2009, Sirleaf apologized to Liberia for supporting Charles Taylor, adding that "when the true nature of Mr. Taylor’s intentions became known, there was no more impassioned critic or strong opponent to him in a democratic process" than she.[29] On 28 August, the Legislature announced they must "consult our constituents for about a year" before deciding whether or not to implement the Commission's recommendations.[30]
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
kyt
#20 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 5:07:06 PM

that is to the women of africa
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.