Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
kahawa sukari or membley?
amorphous
#41 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2020 6:26:28 AM

murchr wrote:
wukan wrote:
sqft wrote:
Membley has developed well. Looks nice. I can see some empty plots. What are the current land prices?

Good to see where the GoK tender cash is ending up. You will still find some people complaining that Uhuru has done nothing in economic growth.

What GOK? This is a private investment fought tooth and nail by the Uhuru govt if the courts didnt intervene it wouldnt have gone anywhere. Meanwhile Mama Ngina's city Northlands is still trees and dust.

Around 2003 Membley plots were going for around 200-300k, they have built beautiful houses but the Kiambu govt has not built roads yet

GOKs project is Konza

Well said, this is why I pick the Kajiado side over kina Membley. Tis a no brainer to invest where all the future action is going to happen smile
Age and family mellows us all over time
Kenyan Oracle
#42 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2020 8:51:52 AM

amorphous wrote:
murchr wrote:
wukan wrote:
sqft wrote:
Membley has developed well. Looks nice. I can see some empty plots. What are the current land prices?

Good to see where the GoK tender cash is ending up. You will still find some people complaining that Uhuru has done nothing in economic growth.

What GOK? This is a private investment fought tooth and nail by the Uhuru govt if the courts didnt intervene it wouldnt have gone anywhere. Meanwhile Mama Ngina's city Northlands is still trees and dust.

Around 2003 Membley plots were going for around 200-300k, they have built beautiful houses but the Kiambu govt has not built roads yet

GOKs project is Konza

Well said, this is why I pick the Kajiado side over kina Membley. Tis a no brainer to invest where all the future action is going to happen smile

Not to hijack the thread. Is there anything happening in Konza after Emilio left?
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
amorphous
#43 Posted : Monday, June 01, 2020 11:56:56 AM

Kenyan Oracle wrote:

Not to hijack the thread. Is there anything happening in Konza after Emilio left?

Watch and weep! smile Laughing out loudly
http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...amp;m=896275#post896275
Age and family mellows us all over time
Jon Jones
#44 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 5:51:50 AM

Kahawa Sukari. It's lower density (minimum 1/4 acre). At Membley, plots can be as small as 40*80. I also drove around Kahawa Sukari and I was impressed by the tarmacking that has been done in recent years in the estate.

Membley is disorganized and high-density hence more accessible to the hoi polloi. Kahawa Sukari is more exclusive.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
MugundaMan
#45 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 8:33:19 AM

Jon Jones wrote:
Kahawa Sukari. It's lower density (minimum 1/4 acre). At Membley, plots can be as small as 40*80. I also drove around Kahawa Sukari and I was impressed by the tarmacking that has been done in recent years in the estate.

Membley is disorganized and high-density hence more accessible to the hoi polloi. Kahawa Sukari is more exclusive.

Kahawa Sucrose is nice but its name betrays it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The name is neither exotic (Like Muthaiga, Runda, Kitengela, Ngong) nor memorable. So it was a BRANDING FAIL from day one. Imagine someone saying I own a 200m home. Where? KAHAWA SUKARI Laughing out loudly.
Doesn't sound right kapsa.
However, I agree with you on your analysis though. Both are slightly better than paipu.
Unfortunately, as you well know, both don't match New Runda, yet New Runda is hardly developed as of today. Imagine how New Runda will look when as fully settled and tarmacked as Kahawa Sucrose smile
kawi254
#46 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 9:58:29 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Kahawa Sucrose is nice but its name betrays it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The name is neither exotic (Like Muthaiga, Runda, Kitengela, Ngong) nor memorable. So it was a BRANDING FAIL from day one. Imagine someone saying I own a 200m home. Where? KAHAWA SUKARI Laughing out loudly.
However, I agree with you on your analysis though. Both are slightly better than paipu.
Unfortunately, as you well know, both don't match New Runda, yet New Runda is hardly developed as of today. Imagine how New Runda will look when as fully settled and tarmacked as Kahawa Sucrose smile

New Runda
New Runda is a suburb in Kenya and has an elevation of 1,709 metres. New Runda is situated nearby to Githogoro, and west of Thindigua.
Jon Jones
#47 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 10:16:38 AM

kawi254 wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

New Runda
New Runda is a suburb in Kenya and has an elevation of 1,709 metres. New Runda is situated nearby to Githogoro, and west of Thindigua.

Mugundaman the village mad man did not bother to read the title.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
MugundaMan
#48 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 1:33:59 PM

kawi254 wrote:

New Runda

This new Runda is a non-starter. Kitengela's gated communities are the new equivalent of Upper Middle class Runda. Everyone knows this by now Laughing out loudly
Jon Jones
#49 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 3:02:24 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

New Runda

This new Runda is a non-starter. Kitengela's gated communities are the new equivalent of Upper Middle class Runda. Everyone knows this by now Laughing out loudly

This thread is not about the dusty suburbs of Kitengela. You are everywhere like a fungus Shame on you Shame on you

Enough of this Kitengela nonsense. You sound like a broken record at this point.
MugundaMan
#50 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 4:40:52 PM

Funny how you hate democracy/free speech and resort to matuzi when your logic is defeated fair and square Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

When you were on the Kitengela thread CRYING TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII all day about Tigoni did I complain? Laughing out loudly

I told you kitambo bulathee; stop being emotional and accept objective FACTS for what they are.
Kite is the New Runda whether MM says so or not smile
hardwood
#51 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 8:14:28 PM

I was in kitengela over the weekend and was impressed by the new Quickmatt at OBC mall. Though they should work on the ventilation on upper floor. Kitengela has really grown. Went to check on my plot hapo milimani after about 3 months and was surprised to see 3 new 5 bedroom maisonettes surrounding my plot. About 50m away another developer has put up 20 no. 4 bdrm maisonettes for sale. What I like about kitengela is that everyone is putting up maisonettes (both plot owners and developers) unlike in Nairobi where everyone is doing apartments.