wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Shangilia baba na mama projects
Tommy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:25:06 PM

Hi Wazuans

I heard about the above project and i would appreciate your input.

i was made to understand that they are currently allocating block G (I think somewhere in Katani), i visited their offices and was briefed on the project. Currently they are not constructing houses but are selling plots of 20*30 @ 43k per piece. I visited Katani the other day and i understand that an 1/8 is going for >350K. So i did my maths, if i acquired 3 of the Shangilia baba na mama pieces they will form a 60*90 at 129k. which is almost equivalent to an eighth. So my concerns are:-
1. Is this a genuine project or an avenue of fleecing innocent Kenyans off their hard earned cash?
2. Do we have Wazuans who have put their money in this project and have they received the tittle?
3. Why do we have such a huge difference between the market price and their allocation price? and lastly
4. Whats your take friends?
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
Jackson_Omari
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:05:00 PM

i would watch out i lived in syokimau which is before katani, there were so many people being lured there to veiw plots and the project had alot of stalled constructions meaning money troubles for the owners and that was in 1996 when construction was still cheap.
Tommy
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:43:56 AM

Jackson_Omari wrote:
i would watch out i lived in syokimau which is before katani, there were so many people being lured there to veiw plots and the project had alot of stalled constructions meaning money troubles for the owners and that was in 1996 when construction was still cheap.

@thanks man n welcome to this great wazua family. I will be very careful
Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It happens every day. ~Albert Camus, The Fall, 1956
Engo
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:17:01 AM

Tommy

Hi Wazuans

i was made to understand that they are currently allocating block G (I think somewhere in Katani), i visited their offices and was briefed on the project. Currently they are not constructing houses but are selling plots of 20*30 @ 43k per piece. I visited Katani the other day and i understand that an 1/8 is going for >350K. So i did my maths, if i acquired 3 of the Shangilia baba na mama pieces they will form a 60*90 at 129k. which is almost equivalent to an eighth. So my concerns are:-
1. Is this a genuine project or an avenue of fleecing innocent Kenyans off their hard earned cash?
2. Do we have Wazuans who have put their money in this project and have they received the tittle?
3. Why do we have such a huge difference between the market price and their allocation price? and lastly

@tommy, there are several shangilia projects in Katani. the first one located 6km from MSA road and i'm sure you cant get an eighth at 350k because i have some interests there. 350k i can assure you will be beyond the chief's office.

Back to Shangilia, there is a project juts before the Katani - Utawala road which had alot of controversy's and beacons were pegged and cross pegged. yaani unaweka zako ukirudi kesho, Jackson ameng'oa na kuweka zake. remember the cheap is expensive thing?
Tommy
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:22:38 AM

@Engo, i understand that there are many areas that they claim interest in. but i am talking about shangilia which has offices at anniversary towers.
Engo
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:52:13 AM

in that case, the price you quoted for Katani must be for areas towards the chief's camp. try them but do your due diligence. of course do not turn to an advocate for this, tafuta surveyor!
Njung'e
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:05:28 PM

Shangilia mama na baba??.....When i saw the title i was like,"baba na mama wanashingiliwa wamefanya nini?"
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
akowally
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:21:18 PM

@Njung'e

Good to see you're still going strong with 5410 posts and still funny. I hope Wazua give you something for keeping them alive. He he heLaughing out loudly ati wameshangiliwa wamefanya nini.

@Tommy

I also have interest of getting some affordable land soon. Sorry I am not of much help in the post but please keep us posted on how it all goes.
JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
Njung'e
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:18:38 PM

@Ako,
Thanks....Where have you been many days?
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ustadh Ongige
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:02:10 AM

http://www.standardmedia...4007407&cid=459&
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:22
pessa
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:27:23 PM

Shangilia Mama na Baba is a con..I would not recommend anyone buying anything from them. It was a project that was meant for slum people and they took money from them promising houses at good prices. Only a few of them got it. When guys go to look for plots talk to the locals it is a good way to know the history of what you are getting. 350k for an eight in their development is not possible. The price for an 1/8th there is around 700k with title. Bought one recently
ruwesh
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2016 9:03:54 AM

what is the current value of an 1/8 plot in the same area( shangilia baba na mama)
jerry
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2016 9:47:50 AM

Tommy wrote:
Hi Wazuans

So i did my maths, if i acquired 3 of the Shangilia baba na mama pieces they will form a 60*90 at 129k. which is almost equivalent to an eighth.

This maths is grossly flawed! You need 9 plots sized 20*30 to make 60*90.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
leona
#14 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 11:22:24 AM

@Tommy
Shangilia are CONS stay as far away from them as you can

My Mum bought land and also registered for their housing projects in the late 90's, and they started taking people round in circles. It is now 15yrs since she passed on and we still have endless drama with all that she had acquired. They are cons with court cases from here to sijui where. Please avoid them if you can
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
kivairu
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:54:27 PM

Don't touch those guys even with a 6 metre pole. Was warned by some guy.I listened. Bought some plots around the area. Commercial rates around the area is about 1.2M per eighth

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.