wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
PEV BITTERNESS
murenj
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:20:29 PM

After listening tto the live procceedings, the anger and bitterness is comming back.........someone help me..............
Ms Mkenya
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:44:08 PM

Stop watching....
I do not watch it live, i wait to hear the summaries.
....above all, to stand.
'user'
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:30:42 PM

ocampos evidence is spot on.I ave aunt who lived in kibera. on 2 jan 2008 she told me she saw 7 men being cut their penises in kibera and many more had their heads slit.this should never happen again in this country
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Sober
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:04:38 PM

murenj wrote:
After listening tto the live procceedings, the anger and bitterness is comming back.........someone help me..............

those who wittnesses the PEV lli e even dont want to be reminded. It is those to who things were narrated that find pleasure in re-visiting the subject.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
jamplu
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:12:26 PM

...whether its painful to revisit those days we still have to deal with it now hili iwe funzo kwa wengine.
simonkabz
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:26:27 PM

Listening to the prosecution, one would take kyuks for animals....but I was in central b4 the 'revenge' attacks n watching thousands of truckloads of returnees. The people were increasingly getting dangerously worked up, the bitterness palpable, n the feeling of getting cornered only served to awaken the animal instinct. Those attacks, IMHO, were inevitable, the intense anger was going to explode at some time, n I knew they would be deadly. Every word uttered by ODM stalwarts exacerbated the deathly feeling, tempers flaired....Murenj is getting worked up now. Hope u also got worked up in the previous episode!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murenj
#7 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 6:26:38 AM

yes. I can also remember the hostility that flared up in my native village when the first batch of PEV victims bodies started trickling in for burrial......the few K***ks who had braved it out simply vanished out of sight.
Bree
#8 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 7:47:01 AM

jamplu wrote:
...whether its painful to revisit those days we still have to deal with it now hili iwe funzo kwa wengine.

Ditto! We can't bury our heads in the sand. The way kiambaa church was set in flames with children inside is still very sickening & it shouldn't happen again to anyone.

Lolest!
#9 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 7:56:54 AM

Im imagining a scenario where the Ruto, Sang, Kosgey are released while Uhuru Muthaura and Ali are jailed. Possible but would make the law appear to favor some. That would be the height of bitterness
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
smano
#10 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 7:59:03 AM

Something has to give...can you imagine going through all these proceedings and then nothing happening at the end??? Justice must be seen to be done.

Ruto and Uhuru should never be allowed to vie for presidency in this country ever!
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
YesuWangu
#11 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 8:03:43 AM

Sober wrote:
murenj wrote:

those who wittnesses the PEV lli e even dont want to be reminded. It is those to who things were narrated that find pleasure in re-visiting the subject.

We all have different capacities and we respond differently to both good and bad things.

However, it is important for the bad to be known alongside the good so that proper choices and decisions can be made after the fact.

We should learn from the cover up of the Waggalla massacre and from the openness of the Jewish holocaust.

When the bitter truth comes out, not blacked out, and hearts get convicted of the evils past, then only then can behavior change for the better.
Sober
#12 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 8:15:00 AM

YesuWangu wrote:
Sober wrote:
murenj wrote:

We all have different capacities and we respond differently to both good and bad things.

However, it is important for the bad to be known alongside the good so that proper choices and decisions can be made after the fact.

We should learn from the cover up of the Waggalla massacre and from the openness of the Jewish holocaust.

When the bitter truth comes out, not blacked out, and hearts get convicted of the evils past, then only then can behavior change for the better.

AGREED.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
YesuWangu
#13 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 8:35:07 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Im imagining a scenario where the Ruto, Sang, Kosgey are released while Uhuru Muthaura and Ali are jailed. Possible but would make the law appear to favor some. That would be the height of bitterness

Come on! Please!

You still care about them? You will reach your height of bitterness because that? Then what will you do? Dislike your neighbor because of that?

Take it upon yourself to enlighten yourself and those who will be bitter because of that: they will not reciprocate if the the reverse happened.
Kihangeri
#14 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 9:10:43 AM

One stance I may never change, revenge is justified if it will stop future assaults. Punishing a wrong doer by jailing is not equal to revenging for the victim. Jailing does not correct the behaviour of a criminal, it hardens him. Revenge brings a foreclosure to the assault.
By inference, the man is all that Mr Phantom is not: an untrustworthy radical, divisive, too many enemies, a dictator, and a persistent liar...
Gaitho dialogues.

IDP
#15 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 9:33:54 AM

It took a whole month of kiling ,mass displacement and rape for the revenge attacks to begin. That should tell you that kyuks were not into this PEV thing. But the Kiambaa incident tipped the balance and put each kyuk into a revenge(read war) mode. Believe you me they r still smarting,but healing. I dont think the revenge was planned but naturally spontaneous
simonkabz
#16 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 9:35:25 AM

Kihangeri wrote:
One stance I may never change, revenge is justified if it will stop future assaults. Punishing a wrong doer by jailing is not equal to revenging for the victim. Jailing does not correct the behaviour of a criminal, it hardens him. Revenge brings a foreclosure to the assault.

Bitter truth. Retributive justice works finest for human beings. After squaring it out on the battlefield, mutual respect prevails. Tit for tat. A tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye. The Hammurabi Law. Both are losers. Now now, who will make RAO n Nyong'o pay, so that I can also feel good? Anyone?? ICC hainipatii justice...
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#17 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 9:39:17 AM

smano wrote:
Something has to give...can you imagine going through all these proceedings and then nothing happening at the end??? Justice must be seen to be done.

Ruto and Uhuru should never be allowed to vie for presidency in this country ever!

Ditto! Would you pliz edit n add RAO to that list....
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Lolest!
#18 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 9:42:46 AM

@YW/wiper. Inakaa hunielewi. Soma tena. Just imagining how those who were sacrificed by ODM would feel
McReggae
#19 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 9:47:49 AM

simonkabz wrote:
smano wrote:

Ditto! Would you pliz edit n add RAO to that list....

......thimioni, there lies your problem....si Ogambo uko na shida na yeye, lol!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Lolest!
#20 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 10:04:35 AM

@simo, @kihangeri the battlefield should be avoided at all costs. Those killed in revenge attacks were as innocent as the victims in kiambaa. This should never happen again.