wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
RIP Michael jackson
j_ma
#41 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 12:58:00 PM

Great talent but like all of us he had his flaws.
adept
#42 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 1:09:00 PM

His music has been playing everywhere and man the memories! He had his fair share of personal demons (above average maybe) but you have to give it to him - the man had talent and revolutionized entertainment as we know it today. His immense contribution to pop is difficult to ignore.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#43 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 1:22:00 PM

This thread has been started to pay tribute to MJ,when all this other people some are listing here die,may be we will create a thread for them. But this one is for MJ.

He has always ranked 'numero uno' for me on my list of greatest entertainers,followed by Bob Marley then Tupac.

Those who think they should be saying nice things about the living,please go ahead and do that.

I've noticed the youth in particular coming in to a workplace with a completely outsized notion of their own value and importance... just a thinly-veiled arrogance. May be the credit crunch induced recession is whats needed to remind us all about the value of hard work.... By Anonymous
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Djinn
#44 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 2:53:00 PM

I wrote this earlier today...it belongs here as well I think...

As we try to discover what it is we really felt about Michael Jackson,more so given what characterised his life in the last decade,lets remember what Theodore Roosevelt once said many years ago in speech entitled 'Man in the Arena'...

'It's not the critic who counts,nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled,or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms,the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best,knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails,at least fails while daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat'

Its still academic whether MJ did indeed take part in the horrendous things that he was accused of doing or if,and I strongly suspect this,there were just too many clever gold diggers around him. Since he openly lived his life as a child and surrounded himself with children - child molestation was a strong case his accusers could make given his 'Peter Pan-ism'. At his more recent trial,Larry King,who had spoken to one of the lawyers representing one of Jackson's accusers,became privy to some information that would have rubbished that case,but was not allowed to testify in Michael's defence. So the jury really is still out on that.

That he had many plastic surgeries really is a non-issue - a personal issue and had to do with bad choices which we all make sometimes. It never diminished or dulled his abilities. Indeed,it will be a really long time until we see another icon like Michael Jackson - even Barack Obama cannot ever hope to enjoy the same level of worldwide appeal spanning nearly 40 years that Jackson did.

MJ must have died a troubled and broken man - inundated with debt,grappling with failing health,judged harshly by some sections of society,branded as a child molester and still believing he could rebound. That is even more tragic than his death which has at least offered him release from that anguish.

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
Mainat
#45 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 3:19:00 PM

mozenrat-give me a call when you get back to earth...i don't worship paedophiles... or mourn their death. Lakini,I do feel sorry for his kids and his parents.

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
masukuma
#46 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 4:42:00 PM

@aemathenge,
those are empty words...very empty words. kwanza what is pop? is it the sound that hydrogen burns with?
he was an entertainer but like everyone of us we shall be held to account for each action we did in darkness and in light.
i have just heard a joke thats relevant now since he is dead,'MJ approached the pearly gates of heaven and St. Peter arms akimbo you're are Bad....' and he begun singing,'Am bad...am bad....' and Peter said,'well...Bad people don't come here...go to hell'
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
mtaalam
#47 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 5:35:00 PM

I grew up to your music MJ,my sis had your posters on all walls of her room. Rest in peace. All earthly crap,debt,gossip,hate,accusations,guilt etc.... alllll behind... you take non with you...

ili iwe funzo...
aemathenge
#48 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:49:00 AM

I entered my teens in the eighties and happen to have been going through a bad time psychologically,socially and economically. Michael Jackson,the entertainer,provided profound relieve that others could have sought in drugs,crime,sexual perversity or even Jesus Christ.
In this regard,as far as this thread is concerned,I have chosen to concentrate on the good in him when he went on stage and did his thing and leave the person and the bad to God to judge and the likes of Masukumam.
May the Good Lord Rest His Majesty the King of Popular Music,Michael Joseph Jackson,in Eternal Peace.

Live hard,die hard.
Njunge
#49 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:19:00 PM

RIP MJ.....Takes me back in time when he sang in a shrill boyish voice.One of my favourite song from his works was ABC........It had simple innocent lines that i used to sing to a high school sweetheart without earning myself a slap.Of course there was the entire Jackson Disco 1984 collection with such songs as Shake your body ( to the ground and shout ) and such other hits like Blame it on the boogie.......Those of our generation will remember him most for his contribution in bringing artists together to sing a charity song ( We are the world ).The song,co-written by Lionel Ritchie and sang by among others,Dionne Warwick,Bob Dylan,Tina Turner,Kenny Rodgers,Steve Wonder,Prince,Geldof,Ray Charles,James Ingram,Belafonte and produced by Quincy Jones,helped bring food to millions of starving Ethiopians..................................Though born a handsome black man,and died looking like a white woman,his music will never die.

Yombo dhier....!!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
JM
#50 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 3:28:00 PM

@ aemathengemy man. wat did u jus do? draw Jesus in the same pool with drugs,perversion etc?? on the other hand elevate mr.jackson above Jesus? coz u say jackson relieved u wen not even jc could. Dude, the moment u even remotely toy with the idea that believers are so coz they lackd any thing better to do with their lives than giv it to jc,that to believe is t b foolish,then u'v jus set u'self up 4 a lesson that u'r unlikely t 4get in a long while. watever it is u've that u may suppose is wisdom doesn't even qualify to b th beginning of God's foolishness. u cant even get anywhere near to understandin His ways coz they're far superior to man's. it neva ceases to amaze me how a mere mortal[now u c him,now u don't] thinks they can sustain themselves 4 a microsecond independent of God. luckily,God is long suffering who doesn't visit upon us pano as he shld coz we could hav bn consumed long ago,bt he stil givs us more leeway if peradventure we'll realise our follies n 4sake our evil ways. velkom to th fold dude.as long as a dog is living,he stands a better chance than a dead lion. lastly as 4 mr.jackson,i lykd some of his muzik n has in fact heavily influenced som of the hugest household names in gospel music circles,th 4most being kirk franklin,bt u c,good ppl,wat shall it profit a man if he gains not th few milion dallas th xter amassed n a measure of faim,bt if he gains th entire universe bt loses his soul? 4 we're here 4 bt a brief breath n suddenly we pass on serve our tym in eternity. that worries me! may i submit at this point that our main role in this lyf is to secure an interest in th next! as ken mcfarland would put it;
'Two leaders,two destinies,and to choose we must. Those who choose not to choose become satan's by default'. lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style.. -w. buffet-
masukuma
#51 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:19:00 PM

May the Good Lord Rest His Majesty the King of Popular Music,Michael Joseph Jackson,in Eternal Peace.

why should the good Lord do this?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
kingfisher
#52 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 5:57:00 AM

Just remembered the last paragraph on Obama's suppossed inaugral speech on 'something to cool dem nervers' thread.......

To wind up,let's remember those who were part of the struggle. Martin Luther
King,Tupac Shakur,Biggie and Michael Jackson. That last nigga ain't dead but
he truly aint gonna last long! God bless America. He better!

Am not sure what the author was thinking then.......just stunned me!!!

RIP MJ....your music will remain with us for good.

If you have money that you expect to start using in five years,it now belongs in stocks.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
mozenrat
#53 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 7:37:00 AM

@Mainat... You have a propensity to read what has not been written... where did I say that I worship the fellow... I said I mourn the entertainer... I don't care about his morals,after all he wasn't my Priest neither was he may god... But you apparently worship murderers and fools... I could go into the argument about how the courts found him not guilty but then,like I said,I listened to his music NOT his cases...
Carthage
#54 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 9:00:00 AM

@ Mainat,Masukuma

Your attitude exposes hollow reasoning.

St John's Gospel says 'Let him who is without sin cast the first stone'
I believe that both will probably never have 1/1000,000th of MJ's talent in your combined lifetimes,even if it was extended to 1000 yrs each.

Hii ni pure malice coated with alot of WIVU. If u dont like the guy its ur choice,but spare us the the verbal crap. Who cares about what MJ did or did not do?

Tha indisputable fact is that His Music Kicks. Period.

R.I.P King of Popular Music.

Qius est iste Rex glorie?
Mainat
#55 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 11:04:00 AM

For all those talking about not being judgemental about the paedophile,please check yourself under the 'other discussions' for your contributions to judging the 'mpigs' sijui father whoever and spare us the hypochrisy. Judging is what we all do everyday. Its an important part of being able to tell right and wrong.

One of the reasons so many admire Nelson 'Madiba' Mandela is in addition to his dedication to freedom for balck South Africa,he is an incredible human being.

Sehemu ndio nyumba
Mr.Tea
#56 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 11:17:00 AM

Its amazing how we grab every opportunity to judge others by our own standards(sloppy). MJ looked the way he did because he was on the spotlight. Aside from that,MJ never sold anything else but his music. So get off the judgement seat and leave it to the owner.Two reasons we do not qualify to judge others;one we do so using our sloppy standards,two we do not understand God's justice.
RIP King Michael.You will always live on through your music.
Patience Pays in Guaranteed Checks
Patience Pays In Guaranteed Checks.
mozenrat
#57 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 4:06:00 PM

@Mainat... I have every right to judge my MPig coz he is my employee... and even then,I can only judge him against his Terms of Reference. Otherwise U don't expect me to castigate Obaks over his 'wives'. What do I care about Wambui? Of what business is she to me? But I can castigate the MPigs over their laziness,raising their salaries,laissez faire attitude towards the work I PAY THEM TO DO... How can u even compare the two?? Judging is what YOU do not what WE do...
Mainat
#58 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 8:32:00 PM

Some frighteningly illogical folk around...
So what do judges do? What is your boss doing when looking at your work?

I guess its just different value systems...

Sehemu ndio nyumba
Carthage
#59 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:32:00 PM

So Mr 'Perfect' Mainat now what do you want since the 'peadiophile' is dead? We still have over 6 billion earthlings to whom you may execise your new found calling. I hope u will cover enough ground and lessen the mammoth task the good Lord has on judgement day.

By that either u get a gold medal or the days allocated for ur ass to fry in hell will be reduced.

Funda wewe.

Qius est iste Rex glorie?
Mainat
#60 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:13:00 PM

All,those who adore him,why not plant a tree in his honour? Do something good out of grief...

Sehemu ndio nyumba