wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
side hustle..do you have any?
Gordon Gekko
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:38:00 AM

Is owning houses for rent a side hustle? If so,I've got two at Nyayo Estate Embakasi.
JkMwatha
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:41:00 AM

@all

for all you who 'makes more than my day job'..... why do you still do your day job???

Is it the pension you anticipate,is it security.... what is it,that keeps you in the job?

I presume you do the side job because you like it /gives you extra chums..... (dodge tax?)...

now if you left your day job (which pays you much less anyway) dont you think you would spend more time doing what you like and making even more money money money???

fill me in...

JK
Maiduda
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:50:00 PM

@Bert,any licensing needed to run the popcorn thing. Whereabout do you operate these machines. Where can I buy these machines?

The only way to double your money without any risk is by folding a note into two and putting it in your pocket
Maiduda
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:58:00 PM

It would be good to know your range of salary so that we can gauge how much 'more than my salary ' actually is!

The only way to double your money without any risk is by folding a note into two and putting it in your pocket
bert
#25 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:47:00 PM

@maiduda

The popcorn machine (commercial option) goes for about 30k.OR you can get the jua kali ones that uses charcoal (Dont have and hence dont know how much).

One bag of popcorn maize is &lt;2,000 and you need some oil for 500bob.The sales from one bag is about 7k (Gross) which you can with 1day or max 2days on a good flow of customers.

Therefore do the maths of 4 machines.

Licencising is normal NCC
Maiduda
#26 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:05:00 PM

@bert,asante sana for the info. Let me get on the ground

eli
#27 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:31:00 PM

I do Stocks Trading,buy and sell stocks and make profits on a month basis(making 10% of my capital-at least). I am also a proffessional web designer,curently the CEO of Doxa Interactive Studio,thedoxa.net. I am also an author,there is a book,I have written,yet to be published,still at the publishers,for reviewing.

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have,get understanding
jitetee
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:49:00 PM

Read @Poggie's story on another thread about being given the boot. Fortunately,his has a happy ending. But it got me thinking that all the more reason for the side hustle. My standard advice to younger folks is to give their employer as much effort as would be required to stay on the job and get that promotion. But not an iota more. Always spare time and energy for your own plan for financial independence that spans beyond your current work environment. I know because I gave an employer 101% and received the recognition that goes with that but all it took was one insecure boss and I had to resign in frustration. Thankfully,my life is much better since then I must say. Got another job at better pay and almost zero stress. And now building a kingdom on the side that I will jump into in due course.

A toast to the side hustle!

Time and chance happen to all.
Pablo
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:06:00 PM

I hire out tents,chairs,etc for corporate events and weddings. Just added a 2,000 seater tent. If any of you cant get a big tent of if the one youre getting is too expensive lets talk.

Want to be a millionaire.... plant a million cabbages and sell them at a bob...
Braza
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:46:00 PM

Pablo...tents....tents...where can one get them...not the camping type,the event type ama good desgners here in Kenya?....assist..

Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.
Admin, Luckily; age will one day transform me into an Elder.
andycapp
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:47:00 PM

I have an Mpesa joint in a small room in hurlingham.
We share rent with sm1.
Im looking for space in tao to open another mpesa.
tony stark
#32 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 4:54:58 PM

An interesting blog you should listen to if you have a side hustle is Side hustle nation. Just look for it wherever you get podcast. Very interesting take on people carrying out side hustle. Unfortunately it is america centric!
Sansa
#33 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2018 6:01:56 PM

tony stark wrote:
An interesting blog you should listen to if you have a side hustle is Side hustle nation. Just look for it wherever you get podcast. Very interesting take on people carrying out side hustle. Unfortunately it is america centric!

Is this the correct name? Can't find it on apple podcast.
tony stark
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2018 1:46:36 PM

Sansa wrote:
tony stark wrote:

Is this the correct name? Can't find it on apple podcast.

https://www.sidehustlenation.com/ the website. You can find the link to their podcast.
kangi
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:39:21 AM

Pablo wrote:
I hire out tents,chairs,etc for corporate events and weddings. Just added a 2,000 seater tent. If any of you cant get a big tent of if the one youre getting is too expensive lets talk.

I am intending to get into this biz in a small way. Any insights on the pitfalls to check against will be appreciated.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
Swenani
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:56:47 AM

kangi wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I am intending to get into this biz in a small way. Any insights on the pitfalls to check against will be appreciated.

kama haujuani na event organizers, forget about it. sahau kapsa
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?