wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KEMU-Kenya Methodist University.
kibs82
#1 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 1:10:59 AM

Hi Wazuans,

Inquired from most of the universities am told they don't have a September 2011 Intake for my Course of choice(Computer Technology) but KEMU has a September 2011 in the same guys wanted to know is this University credible enough??Are their certificates recognized in the job market.Should i join or wait for other public Universities to advertise for their intakes in January??Advise most welcomed.
Bree
#2 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 6:50:29 AM

Have you checked maseno @IAT campus? They have a very nice IT program with specialization options in the final semesters.
kibs82
#3 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:01:07 AM

Thanks Bree much appreciated i believe you are talking about Nairobi Campus and the IT program is Undergrad right??
Bree
#4 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:06:18 AM

kibs82 wrote:
Thanks Bree much appreciated i believe you are talking about Nairobi Campus and the IT program is Undergrad right??

Yeah, its a blend of IT & business administration which I think its a great combination, a plus cos its a public unii. They are in westlands near the mat terminus, last time I checked it was very cost friendly.
kibs82
#5 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:52:28 AM

Thanks Bree much appreciated once more let me head there striaght away since their website talks nothing about IAT campus thanks for the info man!!
QW25071985
#6 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 8:33:54 AM

Visit Kemu.ac.ke

Its a FULLY fledged University , bwana .

Bytheway their nairobi campus is full of very many beautiful ladies .Trust me. lol.
kingfisher
#7 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:12:01 AM

QW25071985 wrote:
Visit Kemu.ac.ke

Bytheway their nairobi campus is full of very many beautiful ladies .Trust me. lol.

must look for a part time teaching job there pap!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
McReggae
#8 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:45:46 AM

[quote=kibs82]Thanks Bree much appreciated once more let me head there striaght away since their website talks nothing about IAT campus thanks for the info man!![/quote]

.....last time I checked Bree.....
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:17:01 PM

For IT programs, go to JKUAT, UON or Strathmore. Hiyo ingine yote ni kelele!

MY opinion.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#10 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 7:19:49 PM

kingfisher wrote:
QW25071985 wrote:
Visit Kemu.ac.ke

Mwanafunzi anatafuta mwanamke! Mkufunzi anatafuta mwanamke! Na masomo je? Mambo gani haya?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Cde Monomotapa
#11 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:48:28 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
QW25071985 wrote:
Visit Kemu.ac.ke

Mwanafunzi anatafuta mwanamke! Mkufunzi anatafuta mwanamke! Na masomo je? Mambo gani haya?

Shame on you
Cde Monomotapa
#12 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:50:35 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
QW25071985 wrote:
Visit Kemu.ac.ke

Shame on you
Intelligentsia
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:32:26 AM

QW25071985 wrote:
Visit Kemu.ac.ke

Even without checking their courses, this statement tells one that that Uni/Faculty/College school focusses mostly on non-mathafu/ Arts courses smile
alma
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:34:45 AM

Its good to see Kenyan universities doing well.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
murchr
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:50:24 PM

Kenya Methodist University has closed some of its campuses and sacked over 150 employees.

Vice Chancellor Henry Kiriamiti said in a signed letter that the institution is undertaking a "restructuring process to enhance its effectiveness and competitiveness".

It attributed the move to "dynamics affecting the education sector in the entire Kenyan economy".

http://www.the-star.co.k...d-restructuring_c1566865
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
penkon
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 9:52:38 AM

[quote=murchr]Kenya Methodist University has closed some of its campuses and sacked over 150 employees.

Vice Chancellor Henry Kiriamiti said in a signed letter that the institution is undertaking a "restructuring process to enhance its effectiveness and competitiveness".

It attributed the move to "dynamics affecting the education sector in the entire Kenyan economy".

http://www.the-star.co.k...-restructuring_c1566865[/quote]

Kemu's problems started when they ousted prof.Mutuma (RIP)and Matiangi effects will significantly reduce its student population
sheri
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:43:02 AM

penkon wrote:
[quote=murchr]Kenya Methodist University has closed some of its campuses and sacked over 150 employees.

Kemu's problems started when they ousted prof.Mutuma (RIP)and Matiangi effects will significantly reduce its student population

Are those two words in the same line. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. Let the dead rest in peace
Lolest!
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:05:26 AM

penkon wrote:

The Matiang'i effect shall surely kill many colleges

The rapid growth in college education sector in the Kibaki years was brought about by a steep increase in students with good grades

Many entreprenuers took advantage, starting colleges at every corner to admit those with okay grades. Some of these colleges lacked the manpower, boys straight out of college teaching degree courses, squeezed classrooms

This also led to heavy flooding of some courses like BComm and Comp Science
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kaka2za
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:42:11 PM

Lolest! wrote:
penkon wrote:

The Matiang'i effect shall surely kill many colleges

The rapid growth in college education sector in the Kibaki years was brought about by a steep increase in students with good grades

Many entreprenuers took advantage, starting colleges at every corner to admit those with okay grades. Some of these colleges lacked the manpower, boys straight out of college teaching degree courses, squeezed classrooms

This also led to heavy flooding of some courses like BComm and Comp Science

BCom used to be revered.It is now below the level of BA General!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)