wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wararos frozen
FundamentAli
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:45:20 AM

The Government of Southern Sudan has barred people of Somali origin from entering its country.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/af...62/-/p8q35v/-/index.html

What do you think our government will do?
kimiri
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:15:05 AM

It is an unfortunate situation. However, the S. Sudanese reserves the right to admit foreigners into their country. Our Somali brothers are not popularly known for their honest economic activities and peace. The S. Sudanese may have picked a lesson or two from the situation in Kenya. Remember also that Kenya now wants the Somali refugees settled within Somali citing security reasons.
bwenyenye
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:18:22 AM

I may sound harsh but I think Kenya should stop the influx and actually ask all Somali's living in Kenya to go back home and make sure their country works. That may be what may touch those idiots who are killing their own countrymen in the name of religion yet we all know it is all about power. No one else will sove their problems, which they created anayway. When I was watching the South Sudan birth, I could not help thinking to myself, even the Somalis had a chance to enjoy this yet they chose war! Then they all come running here.....ABK!
I Think Therefore I Am
Ms Mkenya
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:04:13 AM

I am also of the opinion that Kenya should freeze entry. If the problem is food, then let them go to Somaliland which is nearer (i think) and safer than Mogadishu. Oxfam, UNHCR can feed them from there.

Then there needs to be another solution to Somali insecurity besides Kenya.
....above all, to stand.
Kaigangio
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:36:40 AM

????
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Lolest!
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:48:30 AM

now even Kenyan Somalis cant do biz in S.Sudan!! Bad move since it is based on tribe.

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Robinhood
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:04:25 PM

The international community has effectively outsourced the somali problem to Kenya for free. Let the dadaab camp be dismantled and set up inside somalia. Then the fellows will really have an incentive to talk to each other and not just shoot one another
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Gordon Gekko
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:17:14 PM

Lolest! wrote:
now even Kenyan Somalis cant do biz in S.Sudan!! Bad move since it is based on tribe.

I think Hass Petroleum has the biggest retail network is SS
dunkang
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:23:21 PM

The move by SS is unacceptable since it discriminates people on the basis of tribe, race and religion.

What they should do is ensure their borders are monitored by corruption free cops, and the influx of bombs and guns will be almost impossible.

They have now forgotten that the whole world was helping them not more than 5 years ago. Kweli, Mkuki kwa Nguruwe Mtamu, Kwa Mnadamu Mchungu! How we forget too fast!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi