wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

283 Pages«<281282283
How to tell NSE has bottomed out
VituVingiSana
#5641 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2024 5:50:39 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Is it dividend season optimism or we are back to life? These forums were very vibrant, will we ever rise again? You could see a crowd of participants.. Are you still alive guys? πŸ˜„

Dividends have kept me going.
The best payers (DPR) are "foreign" firms eg BAT, SCBK, etc.
The worst are usually local firms with many paying nothing-little for years!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
littledove
#5642 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2024 8:33:13 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Is it dividend season optimism or we are back to life? These forums were very vibrant, will we ever rise again? You could see a crowd of participants.. Are you still alive guys? πŸ˜„

I wish we are back to life, but the volume doesn't inspire that confidence, looks like normal earning season excitement
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#5643 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2024 7:57:58 PM

littledove wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I wish we are back to life, but the volume doesn't inspire that confidence, looks like normal earning season excitement
Foreign Banks paying nice dividends. Will local banks step up?
Stanbic 50% DPR
ABSA 50% DPR
SCBK 80% DPR Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#5644 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2024 8:02:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Stanbic 50% DPR
ABSA 50% DPR
SCBK 80% DPR Applause

None
Coop bank is 38% DPR.
NCBA is a possibility but looks unlikely to do that
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#5645 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2024 6:46:02 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Stanbic 50% DPR
ABSA 50% DPR
SCBK 80% DPR Applause

None
Coop bank is 38% DPR.
NCBA is a possibility but looks unlikely to do that

Local banks have stories za jaba tu.

KCB 0% but they are consolidating. I do not have any though.

I&M RoE 15% and DPR of 33%. It should pay its shareholders better dividends so we can buy IFBs instead!

I will be pleasantly surprised if DTB pays more than 33% and the RoE is above 15%.

NCBA may go for 33-40% since its major shareholders may want cash.

HF is irrelevant given its size but I hope it comes through for @Obiero.

ngapat
#5646 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 10:33:21 AM

when you hear blackrock is back investing at Nairobi bourse, then you know the bull is back
β€œInvest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
wukan
#5647 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2024 11:17:05 AM

I told wazuans to be like George Soros during black Wednesday if the currency falls then equities rally and you need to hedge your bet on the currency by buying equites. Most rushed to buy bonds instead of doubling down on equities.

Most wazuans will not relate to the parabolic rally in 1993 to 1994 when Kshs was devalued....kaende kaende

amorphous
#5648 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2024 8:13:26 AM

wukan wrote:
I told wazuans to be like George Soros during black Wednesday if the currency falls then equities rally and you need to hedge your bet on the currency by buying equites. Most rushed to buy bonds instead of doubling down on equities.

Most wazuans will not relate to the parabolic rally in 1993 to 1994 when Kshs was devalued....kaende kaende

Wororo. Blathee Wukan, you mean you are still here marking time on Wazoo dispensing mawaidha pingli pangla East and West after all these yearsLaughing out loudly. Maanchap.

Good advice tho...smile
Age and family mellows us all over time
wukan
#5649 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2024 9:26:47 AM

amorphous wrote:
wukan wrote:

Wororo. Blathee Wukan, you mean you are still here marking time on Wazoo dispensing mawaidha pingli pangla East and West after all these yearsLaughing out loudly. Maanchap.

Good advice tho...smile

Bro we are in a battle with kina BlackRock...we must be seen

amorphous
#5650 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2024 9:10:06 AM

wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:
wukan wrote:

Good advice tho...smile

Bro we are in a battle with kina BlackRock...we must be seen

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Fair enough.
Lakini on a serious note, nobody can stop BlackRock. It is what it is
Age and family mellows us all over time