wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Wazua IPO – When?
eco
#1 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 1:56:17 PM

If we, all investors on Wazua Stocks Forum remove the masks we have, you will be amazed, and shocked! The potential and capacity represented here in is amazing. The brains in this forum, if amalgamated into a practical, well organized and strategic ‘vehicle’ has the potential of doing an IPO in 2020. Behind these funny names are Asset Managers, very successful Entrepreneurs, Scientists of all sorts, Lawyers, Architects, Contractors, Stock Brokers, Bankers and the list goes on.

We are participating in Tran-Century IPO, started by 29 guys some few years ago. We are busy climbing the Tran-Century, Britak, Bank de Kigali Ladders. Others are busy chasing a few thousands they call salary, Good, it is normal. But when is the Wazua you and me going to take-off our masks, come together and create a Ladder, and a few years we IPO (invite others to climb) it?

Glaring at us are amazing opportunities and good returns in real estate in Kenya, strategic and very aggressive investing (T+3 hoiyeeh) at NSE (and others in Africa), completely off-shore wherever with good returns and not too good to be a scam. Won’t the Wazua dividends be sweet Oh?

Over to you, debate, trash it, scam it or approve it. Those for we can form an email list and start rolling. Come 2020, we IPO and milk billions from those against! Na hiyo sitarudia tena!

Announcement: CEO Position Available smile
mlennyma
#2 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 2:16:58 PM

A good idea but suspiscion is king.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
ngapat
#3 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 2:29:29 PM

we will participate as long as we are satsified with its EPS, PE, DPS, PBV and other performance ratios and prospects are good
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
StatMeister
#4 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 6:04:01 PM

eco wrote:
has the potential of doing an IPO in 2020.

In 10 years, this will have changed hands 10 times over. I'd say more like 3 years
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work
eco
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:04:50 PM

I am inspired by this company, http://homeinvestbelgium.be/site/index.php Just investing in rental space. Listed in Euronext Brussels. Latest price at: 15:35 GTM 62.46EUR

If I get 10 interested and committed wazuans, we can roll out such a company in Nairobi. It just need us to start with 1000 sq ft (1 nice 2 bedroom house). From there no looking backwards, untill we also list at the NSE.
For Sport
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:27:03 PM

Eco, I'm number 9. on that list. My sense is that wazuans have never started anything and seen it through (except mbuzi). Hata chama peke yake.
Sober
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 6:41:34 AM

A grear idea that should be nurtured. Did you say that the posotion of the CEO is vacant?! I i cant help but realise that the name ‘eco‘ is ‘ceo‘ rea arranged, is it sheer coincidence?
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
sparkly
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:39:19 AM

@eco i subscribe to the idea.
Life is short. Live passionately.
nostoppingthis
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:07:34 AM

For Sport wrote:
Eco, I'm number 9. on that list. My sense is that wazuans have never started anything and seen it through (except mbuzi). Hata chama peke yake.

think again! there is a thread on a successful company started from the former SK...
For Sport
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:58:48 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:
For Sport wrote:

think again! there is a thread on a successful company started from the former SK...

Link? You mean a company in which the shareholders are SKerians? Nice!
eco
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 5:41:44 PM

@4Sport and @ Sparkly, thank you. I'll remember you.

@ Sober, thank you too. Amazing observation about my Wazua id! It never crossed my mind that way.

The is something burning in my heart though that I cannot suppress or keep it silent. It is nice to hear SKerians have a company (@YCSN, please elaborate). Wazua is not only a spirit (@Young et al.), but also a Community, with order and some transparent or opaque rules (Salute to all the Vaterans and Elders). Why can't we harness that commonness, abilities, talents etc and develop a company. If you meet over annual Mbuzi, @the deal et al. can then make a presentation of how 'our (wazua)' real and never fantasy company is doing....And if there are dividends or not! The good thing about a Wazua Company is that it will be a 'public' company from the word go 'everything on the table' and wazuod to the last cent from the word go.

I will lay out my idea in the next post.
Kaka M
#12 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 10:57:38 AM

@ Eco your idea is good and if it's to see the light of day it will need to be worked on.
If I was in your position I would Identify two like minded pple and brainstorm on where to start. Like what business venture we would get into and what it would entail. We would then recruit more guys buy way of selling shares to them but remember to convince them you need to have something tangible that you are selling. If I was you and in a position to start whatever business it is I would first create a private company where I would have a controlling stake and from there I would start recruiting people to inject capital and become shareholders. Remember that we all have our different objectives, and thus you have to get pple whose objectives are compatible with yours. In Wazua I guess there are millionares, there are students, there are employees bachelors/bachelorettes,and generally all people can be found. Somebody who has made it in life with children grown and is in retirement and another who is raising money for a wedding and yet another who has children in high school generally have different objectives. Its these different objectives etc (discipline, lifestyle )that require that you finetune your approach. Start with 3 pple including your self and come to wazua shopping for shareholders thru private placement.
accelriskconsult
#13 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 11:22:37 AM

eco wrote:
I am inspired by this company, http://homeinvestbelgium.be/site/index.php Just investing in rental space. Listed in Euronext Brussels. Latest price at: 15:35 GTM 62.46EUR

If I get 10 interested and committed wazuans, we can roll out such a company in Nairobi. It just need us to start with 1000 sq ft (1 nice 2 bedroom house). From there no looking backwards, untill we also list at the NSE.

Contact me on duetcapital@gmail.com
eco
#14 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 12:51:12 PM

@Kaka M, thank you for your rich advice. I hesitated saying anything more when I thought about, who am I really addressing at this forum. You have put it out so well. Thumb up.

@accelriskconsult, will do.
johnnjuguna
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:10:04 AM

eco wrote:
If we, all investors on Wazua Stocks Forum remove the masks we have, you will be amazed, and shocked! The potential and capacity represented here in is amazing. The brains in this forum, if amalgamated into a practical, well organized and strategic ‘vehicle’ has the potential of doing an IPO in 2020. Behind these funny names are Asset Managers, very successful Entrepreneurs, Scientists of all sorts, Lawyers, Architects, Contractors, Stock Brokers, Bankers and the list goes on.

We are participating in Tran-Century IPO, started by 29 guys some few years ago. We are busy climbing the Tran-Century, Britak, Bank de Kigali Ladders. Others are busy chasing a few thousands they call salary, Good, it is normal. But when is the Wazua you and me going to take-off our masks, come together and create a Ladder, and a few years we IPO (invite others to climb) it?

Glaring at us are amazing opportunities and good returns in real estate in Kenya, strategic and very aggressive investing (T+3 hoiyeeh) at NSE (and others in Africa), completely off-shore wherever with good returns and not too good to be a scam. Won’t the Wazua dividends be sweet Oh?

Over to you, debate, trash it, scam it or approve it. Those for we can form an email list and start rolling. Come 2020, we IPO and milk billions from those against! Na hiyo sitarudia tena!

The first thing I'll do after some Wazuans have taken off their masks is to punch them in the face.

The second thing I would do is to pull off the EABL stunt of buying the competitions merchandise and then spilling the booz and breaking all the bottles. I would buy all the Wazua shares and flush them down the toilet. I would pay off anyone else trying to buy the shares and tell them to buy something else other than Wazua shares.

Lastly, I would tell my lawyers to sue all the Asset Managers, very successful Entrepreneurs, Scientists of all sorts, Lawyers, Architects, Contractors, Stock Brokers and Bankers who are on Wazua for gross misconduct, harassment and use of abusive language. On top of that I'd ask the lawyers to pile on their heads other charges such as abuse of office and misrepresentation. They would be on my payroll until all Wazuans were dismissed and disbarred from all professional bodies they are members in.

That's my two-cents on the WAZUA IPO.
Cde Monomotapa
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:16:55 AM

Interesting.
murchr
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:38:24 PM

Progress??? If any
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
ngapat
#18 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 7:12:10 PM

murchr wrote:
Progress??? If any

john njuguna scared people to abardon the idea
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
Rollout
#19 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 10:56:51 PM

eco wrote:

This is one of the dumbest suggestion I have ever read:)
Sober
#20 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 11:14:45 PM

Wazuans like anonymity so much I am sure may have read this post, have burning comments in their heart but opt not to release them. Let us kick off and sell the Idea to the others at a higher premium when they'll be joining.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'