wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenya: Parliament worst in Africa
simonkabz
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 7:58:11 AM

DN. Quite a sensational heading there, but ours isnt rated too highly on the integrity front. Decorum is seldom embraced by members of the 10th parliament, and the People have a very low opinion of the MPs. However, its the best in performance, having passed the highest no. of legislations during the period under review.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
B.Timer
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:10:42 AM

Our Parliament has its share of issues.
However I dont think it it the worst in Africa.
Infact it could be amongst the best 10.

But taking Africa to set the bar... well there may be no bar at all for starters.
Dunia ni msongamano..
simonkabz
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:56:22 AM

@BTimer, I agree. I think the reason for the extremely low rating is Kenyan's high expectations, interllectual and enlightment levels. Thats why we may easily pass for the noisiest lot in Africa, not leaving the smallest error to chance, while blowing it out of proportion.....Maybe we have also blown our pigs' shortcomings out of proportion....ata ya Waibara lol!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Burning Spear
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:06:36 AM

simonkabz wrote:
@BTimer, I agree. I think the reason for the extremely low rating is Kenyan's high expectations, interllectual and enlightment levels. Thats why we may easily pass for the noisiest lot in Africa, not leaving the smallest error to chance, while blowing it out of proportion.....Maybe we have also blown our pigs' shortcomings out of proportion....ata ya Waibara lol!

Kenyan journalists are loosing on many issues nowadays.
They give us poorly researched news and lack supporting information.

Personally,i do not think Kenya has one of the worst parliament in Africa.On the contrary,it is one of the most vibrant despite challenges here and there.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X