wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages«<678910>»
too many road accidents
Bigchick
#141 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:55:19 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Sad Sad Na sasa nasikia breaking news kwa redio of a ghastly accident involving two buses at Mtito Andei. As many as 15 people feared dead according to eye witnesses, police still rescuing passengers.Pray Pray

Pray Pray Pray something is seriously out of place somewhere.

Bad news for the Xmas season.

God deliver us from this accidents we pray.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
maka
#142 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:10:54 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
Sad Sad Na sasa nasikia breaking news kwa redio of a ghastly accident involving two buses at Mtito Andei. As many as 15 people feared dead according to eye witnesses, police still rescuing passengers.Pray Pray

Nasty accident....we just drive badly,how many times have you seen someone try to overtake without a clear line of sight...sheer stupidity...yes there are unavoidable accidents but most ni za kujitakia this rily pains me...
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#143 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:38:47 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

kysse
#144 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:41:18 AM

Ouch! May God keep us safe.
Prime
#145 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:42:03 AM

maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

Nasty accident....we just drive badly,how many times have you seen someone try to overtake without a clear line of sight...sheer stupidity...yes there are unavoidable accidents but most ni za kujitakia this rily pains me...

Maka I second you X100. Too bad that one persons stupid mistake end up costing his/her passengers + the other car's passengers innocently traveling on the opposite side.
washiku
#146 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 9:57:44 AM

Prime wrote:
maka wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

Maka I second you X100. Too bad that one persons stupid mistake end up costing his/her passengers + the other car's passengers innocently traveling on the opposite side.

And the results of the stupidity areSad

kysse
#147 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:01:26 AM

Pray Pray Innocent people travelling for Christmas.
Magigi
#148 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:23:13 AM

simonkabz
#149 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:36:54 AM

Horizon....the painfully slow coaches with a near perfect safety record. .....from the photos, it appears that Springs bus was attempting to overtake........
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
washiku
#150 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:42:16 AM

jguru
#151 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:45:23 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Horizon....the painfully slow coaches with a near perfect safety record. .....from the photos, it appears that Springs bus was attempting to overtake........

Horizon was highly recommended on the this thread here:

Traveling to the Coast

Seems as if no bus company has a 100% safety record.
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
freiks
#152 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:55:07 AM

jguru wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Traveling to the Coast

Thats why they are called accidents....remember the TITANIC sank too.

ac·ci·dent[ak-si-duhnt] Show IPA
noun
an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: automobile accidents.
Law. such a happening resulting in injury that is in no way the fault of the injured person for which compensation or indemnity is legally sought.
any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause.
chance; fortune; luck: I was there by accident.
a fortuitous circumstance, quality, or characteristic: an accident of birth.
Life is an endless adventure
radio
#153 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:05:57 AM

jguru wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Traveling to the Coast

With the kind of drivers we have on our roads, you only pray for safety when on the road. This year I've had the chance to drive in numerous roads in this country and I have observed we simply can't be helped.

The saddest part is that careful drivers share the same road with those with a death wish...

And why the hurry? Only to arrive 15mins before other careful drivers.
Unnecessary competition?
Blindly overtaking!
Pride...you can't allow anyone to overtake you.
Poorly maintained cars...especially lights.
And many more...

In today's accident, 17 are dead and many others injured. Just imagine the immediate and long-term ripple effect. ...wasted young lifes, breadwinners gone, dreams/projects gone, families thrown into disarray, et al...

maka
#154 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:08:20 AM

radio wrote:
jguru wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Traveling to the Coast

With the kind of drivers we have on our roads, you only pray for safety when on the road. This year I've had the chance to drive in numerous roads in this country and I have observed we simply can't be helped.

The saddest part is that careful drivers share the same road with those with a death wish...

Unnecessary competition?
Blindly overtaking!
And many more...

In today's accident, 17 are dead and many others injured. Just imagine the immediate and long-term ripple effect. ...wasted young lifes, breadwinners gone, dreams/projects gone, families thrown into disarray, et al...

True...
Impunity
#155 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:22:11 AM

maka wrote:
radio wrote:
jguru wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Traveling to the Coast

Unnecessary competition?
Blindly overtaking!
And many more...

True...

Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

AlphDoti
#156 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:44:05 AM

kollabo
#157 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:04:09 PM

Guys please lets not be in a hurry when driving. Driving to Embu and back juzi and I realized many arrogant drivers on the way. Racing and overtaking even when there is no need to.
Prime
#158 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:12:18 PM

kollabo wrote:
Guys please lets not be in a hurry when driving. Driving to Embu and back juzi and I realized many arrogant drivers on the way. Racing and overtaking even when there is no need to.

Used the same road on the same day and I concur. Found a lady who had been knocked down on the bridge after River Tana on the Nairobi side. The driver had escaped. The impact must have been hard since her brains were out. I felt sorry because she almost obviously had children who would be waiting for her. And A Husband too. Guys, please lets exercise caution on the roads. One death leaves so many affected. It is not worth causing so much anguish to so many people including oneself. Stay safe
simonkabz
#159 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2013 6:32:33 AM

jguru wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Traveling to the Coast

Correction. ...it was the horizon bus that was overtaking 2 trailers. Considering how slow horizon buses are, tragedy was around the corner. It's tricky for an 80kph vehicle to overtake trucks moving at over 60 kph, and at night.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Muriel
#160 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2013 7:58:00 AM

kollabo wrote:

Yes, many times i have wondered what the hurry is for.