wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages<12345>»
too many road accidents
jguru
#41 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 12:47:11 PM

freiks wrote:
mlefu wrote:
Sagana Bridge..why on earth would anyone want to overtake at that bridge...its not like anyone would save hours...most of the times I love having my wife as the passenger..it keeps me sane!!!!

just passed there around 10.30pm and was shocked that it happened in the middle of the bridge and the guys were saying the matatu was overtaking......surely in a bridge. That is the worst driving i wonder which driving schools these burgers go to

Glory Glory Glory!

Glory Driving School!

Only Ksh5500! Hurry Now! Come One Come All!
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
Jus Blazin
#42 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 12:50:41 PM

Sometime back I was driving along Langata Road near Rafikiz. Some pedestrians were about to cross the road. I slowed down to allow them pass but they had seen this VX behind me speeding. The driver, Of Indian or Arabic descent, hooted at me so much as he veered to the other lane. My mama asked me why I had slowed down, had I not seen the VX behind? I asked her, had I not seen the pedestrians ahead at a zebra crossing? I told her, if memory serves me right, the new traffic laws say if you kill a pedestrian at a zebra crossing, life imprisonment pap! Ama I was wrong?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
jguru
#43 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 12:52:50 PM

There should be an Aptitude Test before a DL is issued.

It seems at this rate, for everyone to be safe on the road, driving should be restricted to intelligent people ONLY.

"I was on the Thika superhighway on Christmas day. It showed me that there are three reasons why we are dying on the roads. The first is that we can’t drive. We are either untrained or the trainers are generally a bunch of ignoramuses who have nothing much in their heads to pass on."

READ THIS: Kenyans can’t drive, which is why they are so busy killing themselves
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
kollabo
#44 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 12:58:03 PM

Our Driver Licencing system has no tracking of traffic offenses.
Most of these drivers who kill have had many brushes with the law before.
washiku
#45 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 1:03:08 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Sometime back I was driving along Langata Road near Rafikiz. Some pedestrians were about to cross the road. I slowed down to allow them pass but they had seen this VX behind me speeding. The driver, Of Indian or Arabic descent, hooted at me so much as he veered to the other lane. My mama asked me why I had slowed down, had I not seen the VX behind? I asked her, had I not seen the pedestrians ahead at a zebra crossing? I told her, if memory serves me right, the new traffic laws say if you kill a pedestrian at a zebra crossing, life imprisonment pap! Ama I was wrong?

Coincidentally, this is the exact place that case I was talking of earlier happened...Kwanza matatus are so notorious at hooting at you if you stop there. Maybe they assume the person who painted that section was just idle and had had so much white paint to smear the road...
newfarer
#46 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:33:36 PM

20 students and teachers killed in kisii . drivers wacheni UJINGA.
most accidents happen due to speed.i doubt you could lose control if not speeding.haraka ya nini.
traffic
law enforcers dead asleep just as their boss kimaiyo.
punda amecheka
sherrif
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:49:14 PM

98% of accidents are caused by drunkards and ujuaji on the road.
20 school kids and teachers???????????Pray Pray

sickening.
maka
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:33:07 PM

jguru wrote:
freiks wrote:
mlefu wrote:
Sagana Bridge..why on earth would anyone want to overtake at that bridge...its not like anyone would save hours...most of the times I love having my wife as the passenger..it keeps me sane!!!!

just passed there around 10.30pm and was shocked that it happened in the middle of the bridge and the guys were saying the matatu was overtaking......surely in a bridge. That is the worst driving i wonder which driving schools these burgers go to

Glory Glory Glory!

Glory Driving School!

it was Glory Glory Glory...
Glory driving school and now glory computer college...
Driving in Kenya is stress everyday you return home safe you thank God...
countries with double or triple our car no.s have lesser/fewer deadly accidents...Kimayo all talk no action...and action isnt waking up one morning and mounting an operation it should be a daily event...
possunt quia posse videntur
urstill
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:28:57 AM

How do you expect Kenyans to know how to drive yet in road tests one either reverses or drives ahead for around 20 meters? I failed my road test once in Canada despite having the Kenyan DL. This opened my eyes and mind and I understood why we have those accidents. I thank God I'm still alive and wiser.
Man must live!
Muheani
#50 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:54:43 AM

newfarer wrote:
most accidents happen due to speed.i doubt you could lose control if not speeding.haraka ya nini.
traffic

Painfully Very Sad
radio
#51 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:58:25 AM

My work involves lots of travel and it saddens me to witness how the maniacs on our roads drive. It's like everyone has a death wish.

As regular road users, what do we do?

And please when your car/lorry breaks, if you cant (do your best) push it off the road!
seppuku
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:34:57 AM

Just yesterday I watched a car roll near Tigoni right in front of my cab. Speeding it was, although in mitigation the driver said he was ferrying a patient to hospital. My advice: Know the limits of your car, your road and yourself.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
Bigchick
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:24:08 AM

jguru wrote:
freiks wrote:
mlefu wrote:

Glory Glory Glory!

Glory Driving School!

Glory might be a better.

Majority of Matatu drivers in Shags areas go to those open fields in their areas using a neighbours Old car.A datsun KJS 288..A lap is 200/=.

Once he has knows how to switch on (connecting wires) and switch off he is ripe for the road.Add abit of Fortified wine in his system and you see disaster.

To get a licence he goes through Glory who are connected at the traffic police and in 2 days he has a licence.

Sad story of our roads.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Impunity
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:29:17 AM

seppuku wrote:
Just yesterday I watched a car roll near Tigoni right in front of my cab. Speeding it was, although in mitigation the driver said he was ferrying a patient to hospital. My advice: Know the limits of your car, your road and yourself.

How is the patient?
Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:36:26 AM

radio wrote:
My work involves lots of travel and it saddens me to witness how the maniacs on our roads drive. It's like everyone has a death wish.

And please when your car/lorry breaks, if you cant (do your best) push it off the road!

what to do?just do normal speeds if you have a deadline /timeline to reach somewhere leave early enough that way you wont have pressure to do 140 plus Kph...many timez av heard guys brag how they took x no. of hours to reach some destination disregarding the fact that it might have been their last drive...I rarely go past 80kph,100 @ times gives me room to react if anything goes wrong...
Avoid distractions as much as possible,dont pick calls while driving very bad habit...
possunt quia posse videntur
kenmac
#56 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:39:18 AM

a scary accident along mai mahiu - naivasha road involving 5 lorries. Happened just now.
......Ecclesiastes
Ondiek
#57 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:49:07 AM

kenmac wrote:
a scary accident along mai mahiu - naivasha road involving 5 lorries. Happened just now.

Got to Naivasha a shortwhile ago using the highway. Visibility was extremely poor. I must say the matatu drivers were well behaved - maybe they had no option but there were a few personal car drivers speeding and overtaking like mad men.
Ondiek
#58 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:52:02 AM

maka wrote:
radio wrote:

what to do?just do normal speeds if you have a deadline /timeline to reach somewhere leave early enough that way you wont have pressure to do 140 plus Kph...many timez av heard guys brag how they took x no. of hours to reach some destination disregarding the fact that it might have been their last drive...I rarely go past 80kph,100 @ times gives me room to react if anything goes wrong...
Avoid distractions as much as possible,dont pick calls while driving very bad habit...

Well said. I left Nairobi at 6.30 am this morning for a meeting in Naivasha. Barely went past 80KPH and was in Naivasha by 8.00 in good time for my meeting.
kenmac
#59 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:02:44 AM

Ondiek wrote:
kenmac wrote:

Got to Naivasha a shortwhile ago using the highway. Visibility was extremely poor. I must say the matatu drivers were well behaved - maybe they had no option but there were a few personal car drivers speeding and overtaking like mad men.

the accident is a few kilometers from naivasha, towards MAI MAHIU.

Not the fly over route.
......Ecclesiastes
McReggae
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:09:37 AM

newfarer wrote:
traffic

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".