wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages<1234>»
too many road accidents
maka
#21 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 8:31:36 AM

newfarer wrote:
fatal accidents season is back.this weekend was a massacre.obey the law don't speed.

Some pals of mine went to Naivasha...av never heard one of them use the word God before...he used it jana...so it must have been nasty as in what he saw...
A story related to accidents I happened to go to one of those to pubs hapo Kiserian some time last week around 11 a.m...I was suprised/shocked to see those nduthi guys drinking keg while on the the job,drinking then driving is bad as it is now imagine drinking then riding a motorbike....perfect recipe for disaster...its sad.
possunt quia posse videntur
Rankaz13
#22 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 8:44:19 AM

maka wrote:
newfarer wrote:
fatal accidents season is back.this weekend was a massacre.obey the law don't speed.

Some pals of mine went to Naivasha...av never heard one of them use the word God before...he used it jana...so it must have been nasty as in what he saw...
A story related to accidents I happened to go to one of those to pubs hapo Kiserian some time last week around 11 a.m...I was suprised/shocked to see those nduthi guys drinking keg while on the the job,drinking then driving is bad as it is now imagine drinking then riding a motorbike....perfect recipe for disaster...its sad.

Those 'nduthi' guys, just the worst. I know a place they smoke weed as they chill for customers. Disaster does not even begin to describe it!!
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Impunity
#23 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:01:45 AM

People are not keeping left (unless overtaking)
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

washiku
#24 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:08:29 AM

We can not respect even the very basic rules...like keeping left unless overtaking. We take the same attitude to a small road. And Head-on-collisions are the results...
Rankaz13
#25 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:26:41 AM

washiku wrote:
We can not respect even the very basic rules...like keeping left unless overtaking. We take the same attitude to a small road. And Head-on-collisions are the results...

Not only keeping left, but also overtaking only when the road ahead is clear. How many times have we seen them overtake on the brow of a hill or at blind corners? Haraka zingine sio poa.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Prime
#26 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:30:22 AM

washiku wrote:

The Problem with kenyan drivers is that they always believe they will be lucky. Too optimistic. Thats why a grown up man (they almost always are men) believe he can overtake at a corner because his car has a 2L engine Sad , he will overtake at the brow of a hill, or a convoy. He will not slow down or ease on the gas when being overtaken and will flash his lights when he sees an oncoming car struggling to overtake. I have this feeling that more than half of the accidents are as a result of an overtaking Maneuver gone wrong. Too bad the other party was not on the wrong but get caught anyway. Sad.
InnovateGuy
#27 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:34:15 AM

It is very unfortunate that all this is happening in less than a year since the the new traffic act became law.

We need two things: enforcement of the law and drivers to be careful on the roads.
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
maka
#28 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:41:22 AM

Prime wrote:
washiku wrote:

The Problem with kenyan drivers is that they always believe they will be lucky. Too optimistic. Thats why a grown up man (they almost always are men) believe he can overtake at a corner because his car has a 2L engine Sad , he will overtake at the brow of a hill, or a convoy. He will not slow down or ease on the gas when being overtaken and will flash his lights when he sees an oncoming car struggling to overtake. I have this feeling that more than half of the accidents are as a result of an overtaking Maneuver gone wrong. Too bad the other party was not on the wrong but get caught anyway. Sad.

Spot on...silly mistakes,juu ya kichwa ngumu.
Rankaz13
#29 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:47:17 AM

InnovateGuy wrote:
It is very unfortunate that all this is happening in less than a year since the the new traffic act became law.

We need two things: enforcement of the law and drivers to be careful on the roads.

The best of laws without proper and consistent enforcement are just that: useless words not worth the paper they're on. As anyone who has had an encounter will probably tell you, the new laws have just resulted into an increase in the amounts of bribes given and made cops more brazen at demanding the same.

If you were to accompany your matatu driver pal for just a coupla hours on the road, especially on long distance daytime journeys, you'd realize on thing very fast: what cops practise isn't traffic law enforcement by whatever stretch of imagination, what they practise is, unfortunately, legally sanctioned extortion pure and simple.

Jifanye msafi sana na utakipata, those guys will literally run you out of the road, and ensure you spend a coupla days at industrial area remand while at it. It really is a jungle on our roads. Too bad that the people expected to remedy the situation, the cops, are on the take. Sad but the harsh reality.Sad Sad
Euge
#30 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:49:35 AM

My German colleague was shocked to see lower kabete road being marked. He argued there was no need since in Kenya we dont even stop at traffic lights.
Lord, thank you!
mlefu
#31 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:06:56 AM

Sagana Bridge..why on earth would anyone want to overtake at that bridge...its not like anyone would save hours...most of the times I love having my wife as the passenger..it keeps me sane!!!!
jaggernaut
#32 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:10:40 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
washiku wrote:

Not only keeping left, but also overtaking only when the road ahead is clear. How many times have we seen them overtake on the brow of a hill or at blind corners? Haraka zingine sio poa.

Most of these accidents are head on collisions and should never happen but drivers never use common sense. Do you really need the govt/police to remind you that you must never overtake at a blind corner?
freiks
#33 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:18:43 AM

mlefu wrote:
Sagana Bridge..why on earth would anyone want to overtake at that bridge...its not like anyone would save hours...most of the times I love having my wife as the passenger..it keeps me sane!!!!

just passed there around 10.30pm and was shocked that it happened in the middle of the bridge and the guys were saying the matatu was overtaking......surely in a bridge. That is the worst driving i wonder which driving schools these burgers go to
Life is an endless adventure
Iganamagana
#34 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:23:23 AM

mlefu wrote:

She likes driving from the passengers side? You are not alone brother. On a serious note, some overtaking I see on that road is plain stupid and suicidal.
Meduza
#35 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:43:47 AM

freiks wrote:
mlefu wrote:

just passed there around 10.30pm and was shocked that it happened in the middle of the bridge and the guys were saying the matatu was overtaking......surely in a bridge. That is the worst driving i wonder which driving schools these burgers go to

its too sad, overtaking on the bridge. I frequent that route and I have seen drivers do that. I hv a feeling the stupid driver was high on Miraa.
You cant win, unless you first begin....
Ondiek
#36 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:55:17 AM

washiku wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I saw a driver side swipe a motorbike rider sending him rolling onto the tarmack. The rider had his turn signals on and two vehicles that were behind him slowed down to let him turn. The idiot in the accident vehicle decided to overtake both cars and after hitting the rider he went on as if nothing had happened - luckily an on coming vehicle blocked him. To make matters worse , the driver had crossed a double yellow line in order to overtake.
maka
#37 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 11:01:56 AM

Ondiek wrote:
washiku wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I saw a driver side swipe a motorbike rider sending him rolling onto the tarmack. The rider had his turn signals on and two vehicles that were behind him slowed down to let him turn. The idiot in the accident vehicle decided to overtake both cars and after hitting the rider he went on as if nothing had happened - luckily an on coming vehicle blocked him. To make matters worse , the driver had crossed a double yellow line in order to overtake.

Silly fellow...that motorbike guy should take him to court.
washiku
#38 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 11:05:13 AM

Ondiek wrote:
washiku wrote:

And then we blame the police for this!!! For uncountable times, some rogue drivers hoot so hard at me when I stop at a Zebra crossing for passengers to pass. The worst was on a certain Saturday when the guy behind me decided it was too much breaking for a few seconds for an old mama to pass, followed by a man on a wheel chair. He thus rushed to overtake and missed the wheel chair guy by a whisker. I really wondered what type of matter is in such a person's brain. Stopping for someone to pass at a Zebra crossing can not cost you even a minute...its actually seconds. I wonder how much such seconds would save u if you insist on not stopping!
mkeiyd
#39 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 11:47:44 AM

Ondiek wrote:
washiku wrote:

Instant public justice would be like it for these good-for-nothing heaps of flesh. Why on earth don't they just die of some plaque?!?
jguru
#40 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 12:21:31 PM

I have a friend in hospital with a broken neck, broken jaw, internal bleeding due to ruptured spleen, liver and other viscera and a fractured left femur. Accident along Valley Rd. Test driving a new car (like it's Fast and the Furious). He's lucky Nairobi Hospital is just around the corner.

Sad
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.