wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages«<1516171819>»
too many road accidents
murchr
#321 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 11:23:37 PM

There was another accident at Salgaa on 1/1/2018. A day after 38 people perished. The driver avoided a collision and run over pedestrians.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Iganamagana
#322 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 7:39:48 AM

Njunge wrote:
Some institutions in this country are run by total idiots. Thousands are now stranded in major towns and the few available PSVs are charging an arm and a leg. NKT!!!!!

I think NTSA big shots need a thorough beating.
mkeiy
#323 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 9:46:10 AM

Two years or so ago, there was a discussion here on Wazua about the best lane to drive on, when on a highway.

My observation was that most Wazuans were sticking with the second inner most lane, or the inner most lane, regardless of the driving speed. They disregarded the "KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING" rule.
Now i see them on this thread lecturing about rules and laws. Talk about seeing a speck in your brothers eye!Shame on you

First things first,
1. STUPIDITY ON THE ROADS SHOULD JUST STOP.
A. Kill the damn full lights when flashed.
B. Drive at a consistent speed. Not braking & accelerating all the time for no apparent reason.
C. If someone overtakes you,don't turn it into a race by blocking them.Damn!
D. If you like driving at slow speeds(80kph and below),keep to the left.(Big machines , some matatus and old drivers are fond of this. Keeping to the inner most lane at speeds of below 80kph.USHENZI)
E. Always indicate, before doing whatever it is you want to do.

2. EFORCEMENT OF TRAFIC LAWS/RULES.

3. WELL THOUGHT OUT ROAD DESIGNS & SIGNAGE.(Another area of stupidity galore)

4. GOOD MANNERISM/COMMON SENSE. (What with throwing litter from a moving vehicle, on to the road with other road users?)

No matter what is said and done, without Kenyan drivers changing their mindset, abandoning stupidity just before hopping behind the wheel,the rest is neither here nor there.
hamburglar
#324 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 10:50:30 AM

murchr wrote:
There was another accident at Salgaa on 1/1/2018. A day after 38 people perished. The driver avoided a collision and run over pedestrians.

And the deputy President's wife thinks that useless prayers at that salgaa road will end the road carnage?

Just how stupid are some people?

Instead of asking her thieving husband to use his power and position to enforce strict traffic rules and make sure those rules are strictly adhered to with punitive action meted out to people who break those rules, she is busy praying. Praying for what??????

What's needed on the roads is integrity and accountability by drivers, NTSA and the police, not useless prayers. I have driven to shags a bunch of times and I have witnessed on many occasions matatu drivers driving like it's a freaking jungle out there. Whenever I see a matatu on my rear view window, I change lanes immediately. That's how f***ed up these people are. Why should i have to live in fear when there are traffic rules to protect me?
Sanity has to prevail, people have to become civilized on the roads. Why are we still letting these people get away with so much crap on the roads and then holding stupid prayers as if we don't know where the problem lies in the first place? Let's keep it real, matatus and these big slow mechanically unsound lorries that shouldn't be on the road in the first place are the problem. Fix it.

If a matatu driver flouts a traffic law, he should be punished severely. Period. Let's instill discipline in these people. Police should not take bribes and unroad-worthy vehicles should not continue operating. It's called integrity. For crying out loud, just enforce traffic laws and road accidents will reduce dramatically. It's that simple f***ing idiots. But then again, seeking integrity from a country that has citizens whose full time jobs are looking for ways to steal, con, rob and grab is a little too ambitious. This country has a huge population that can only be described as taka taka people. Pieces of shit that have no dignity.

I give up.
AlphDoti
#325 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 12:17:56 PM

hamburglar wrote:
murchr wrote:

And the deputy President's wife thinks that useless prayers at that salgaa road will end the road carnage?

Instead of asking her thieving husband to use his power and position to enforce strict traffic rules and make sure those rules are strictly adhered to with punitive action meted out to people who break those rules, she is busy praying. Praying for what??????

What's needed on the roads is integrity and accountability by drivers, NTSA and the police, not useless prayers. I have driven to shags a bunch of times and I have witnessed on many occasions matatu drivers driving like it's a freaking jungle out there. Whenever I see a matatu on my rear view window, I change lanes immediately. That's how f***ed up these people are. Why should i have to live in fear when there are traffic rules to protect me?
Sanity has to prevail, people have to become civilized on the roads. Why are we still letting these people get away with so much crap on the roads and then holding stupid prayers as if we don't know where the problem lies in the first place? Let's keep it real, matatus and these big slow mechanically unsound lorries that shouldn't be on the road in the first place are the problem. Fix it.

If a matatu driver flouts a traffic law, he should be punished severely. Period. Let's instill discipline in these people. Police should not take bribes and unroad-worthy vehicles should not continue operating. It's called integrity. For crying out loud, just enforce traffic laws and road accidents will reduce dramatically. It's that simple f***ing idiots. But then again, seeking integrity from a country that has citizens whose full time jobs are looking for ways to steal, con, rob and grab is a little too ambitious. This country has a huge population that can only be described as taka taka people. Pieces of shit that have no dignity.

I give up.

I agree with you @burglar... We have become takataka all the way from the top... We have leaders who cannot implement policies or law. We entertain conflict of interest by letting the cops own matatus hence impunity on the roads...

Lack of law enforcing is the root cause of our problems!
AlphDoti
#326 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 12:21:43 PM

mkeiy wrote:
Two years or so ago, there was a discussion here on Wazua about the best lane to drive on, when on a highway.

My observation was that most Wazuans were sticking with the second inner most lane, or the inner most lane, regardless of the driving speed. They disregarded the "KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING" rule.
Now i see them on this thread lecturing about rules and laws. Talk about seeing a speck in your brothers eye!Shame on you

First things first,
B. Drive at a consistent speed. Not braking & accelerating all the time for no apparent reason.
D. If you like driving at slow speeds(80kph and below),keep to the left.(Big machines , some matatus and old drivers are fond of this. Keeping to the inner most lane at speeds of below 80kph.USHENZI)

4. GOOD MANNERISM/COMMON SENSE. (What with throwing litter from a moving vehicle, on to the road with other road users?)

No matter what is said and done, without Kenyan drivers changing their mindset, abandoning stupidity just before hopping behind the wheel,the rest is neither here nor there.

Do you expect these drivers to change their mindset by themselves? I thought you should have said number one and most important item is no.2 above... Enforce the law and people will tow the line! Just like in China, enforcing the law makes people think twice before they break it... But here in Kenya where you can just bribe your way out, forget any change...
Njunge
#327 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 1:49:46 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
[quote=mkeiy] enforcing the law makes people think twice before they break it... But here in Kenya where you can just bribe your way out, forget any change...

It's worse. I saw a proposal by the Chair of Parliament's transport committee, an Mpig by the name Kposing and i almost fell off my chair in laughter. Totally clueless. The proposal is to divert tucks to Kabarak and Njoro. Here is a Chair and his committee on transport and by extension, our safety on roads, yet he is not even aware of road classifications in this country. I reiterate. This country is being run by IDIOTS!
FRM2011
#328 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 2:29:12 PM

Njunge wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
[quote=mkeiy] enforcing the law makes people think twice before they break it... But here in Kenya where you can just bribe your way out, forget any change...

It's worse. I saw a proposal by the Chair of Parliament's transport committee, an Mpig by the name Kposing and i almost fell off my chair in laughter. Totally clueless. The proposal is to divert tucks to Kabarak and Njoro. Here is a Chair and his committee on transport and by extension, our safety on roads, yet he is not even aware of road classifications in this country. I reiterate. This country is being run by IDIOTS!

I am afraid its not a laughing matter. I only learnt the other day that parliamentary committees under the new constitution are extremely powerful. The chair of the transport committee can arm-twist the transport minister to do anything he wishes. He has so much leverage that can make the minister's position untenable.
hardwood
#329 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 3:49:16 PM

More STUPIDITY on the roads.....

A matatu crashes and overturns on KENYATTA AVENUE, NAIROBI CBD, injuring 14. It was speeding and ignored traffic lights. You cant make this stuff up.

https://www.the-star.co....in-nairobi-cbd_c1692373

Iganamagana
#330 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 4:14:53 PM

hardwood wrote:

A matatu crashes and overturns on KENYATTA AVENUE, NAIROBI CBD, injuring 14. It was speeding and ignored traffic lights. You cant make this stuff up.

Sad . How does this happen in the City center. Kwani he was doing highway speed on the streets. What's the penalty for this?
hardwood
#331 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 4:19:05 PM

They never learn.....People still driving like maniacs at salgaa...

murchr
#332 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 6:40:40 PM

And people still think the problem is NTSA.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
newfarer
#333 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 6:49:47 PM

hardwood wrote:

these city shitholes drive like lunatics . just watch them descending valley road ...
punda amecheka
Fullykenyan
#334 Posted : Wednesday, January 03, 2018 7:06:41 PM

hardwood wrote:

Having seen these Video, i think what kills People is not Speed per say but slow vehicles. Slow vehicles prompt those behind,to want to overtake and because of their lack of patience, together with stupidity, they overtake on wrong parts of the roads. They overtake on bends and on climbing lanes. That is why in developed countries there is the slow lane for the slow cars and fast lane for the faster cars and for those who want to overtake.

when i was doing my driving School in a certin european Country, the driving instructor told me, never ever drive behind a slow vehicle, alwayslook for a way to overtake them. i also remember an article i read, about how a swam o fish swim in a line and that accidents never occur with them. Therefore to solve this, unroadworthy vehicles and vehicles doing less than 40 km/ hr should not be on our roads.
mkeiy
#335 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 10:01:26 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
mkeiy wrote:

First things first,

Do you expect these drivers to change their mindset by themselves? I thought you should have said number one and most important item is no.2 above... Enforce the law and people will tow the line! Just like in China, enforcing the law makes people think twice before they break it... But here in Kenya where you can just bribe your way out, forget any change...

@AlphDoti.
Change of mindset tops my list for a simple reason. Police won't be everywhere, all the time.
Idiots driving with full lights all through. Police?
No courtesy nor common sense on the road? Changing lanes without indicating,braking & accelerating unnecessarily, racing when being overtaken. Police?
Such stupidity drives some drivers nuts, contributing to more madness leading to accidents that could have otherwise been avoided.

Change of mindset my friend.
If we make enough noise against such idiocy on the roads, I am sure we would all have better driving experience and safer roads.

We need to reign on impunity on the road. One can't just drive whichever way they want just because they can.

Let's make noise on the road and hope & pray the authorities will do their part because when shit happens, it's on you the road user.
NOT on police or NTSA.

Amores
#336 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 9:46:03 PM

I agree with @ mkeiy. You should not follow rules because you are afraid of police; you should do it because you have common sense.
I am happy
murchr
#337 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 10:53:58 PM

mkeiy
#338 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 7:37:07 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Having seen these Video, i think what kills People is not Speed per say but slow vehicles. Slow vehicles prompt those behind,to want to overtake and because of their lack of patience, together with stupidity, they overtake on wrong parts of the roads. They overtake on bends and on climbing lanes. That is why in developed countries there is the slow lane for the slow cars and fast lane for the faster cars and for those who want to overtake.

when i was doing my driving School in a certin european Country, the driving instructor told me, never ever drive behind a slow vehicle, alwayslook for a way to overtake them. i also remember an article i read, about how a swam o fish swim in a line and that accidents never occur with them. Therefore to solve this, unroadworthy vehicles and vehicles doing less than 40 km/ hr should not be on our roads.

@FullyKenyan.

Well said.

It's high time we had minimum speed limits as well for specific lanes and/or highways.
obiero
#339 Posted : Saturday, January 06, 2018 8:08:11 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
murchr wrote:

I give up.

I agree with you @burglar... We have become takataka all the way from the top... We have leaders who cannot implement policies or law. We entertain conflict of interest by letting the cops own matatus hence impunity on the roads...

Lack of law enforcing is the root cause of our problems!

Who will save us?

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
murchr
#340 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 8:55:29 PM