wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Our priorities
Wendz
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:46:33 AM

MK happily hands over US$1M aid to Japan and in the same breath declares famine a national disaster! We have people dying in NE, E and upper rift.... yet, we can afford to dish out 82M to a developed country.... We have people in tents for years, we have children missing school because we do not have enough classrooms and teachers....... many bright children missing form 1 entry because of lack of school fees.... and then we feel this philanthropic?

Yaani hata kama it is "re-investing"... I think they'd respect us more if we tried to sort out our domestic problems first... why give them and go back to them on our knees in January that we do not have fertilizer for our farmers? NKT

Will we ever learn?
simonkabz
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:01:28 PM

Though subject to debate, I think it was a good gesture. Small tokens always appease many...The ambassador can only heap praises n send back favourable wikileaks back home......
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
gohill
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:08:45 PM

I've never seen someone become poorer for helping a friend in need neither have i seen someone so rich he does not want to be given. Remember the poor woman gave what she had with a very clean heart and you know what happened. The same MK told us to remember the role God has played in our country healing process and i think it might be a way of giving back.
YesuWangu
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:22:18 PM

gohill wrote:
I've never seen someone become poorer for helping a friend in need neither have i seen someone so rich he does not want to be given. Remember the poor woman gave what she had with a very clean heart and you know what happened. The same MK told us to remember the role God has played in our country healing process and i think it might be a way of giving back.

I am in need of some cash urgently. Yes, I am in need. Give me, give me. You wont become poorer, after all.

And I am not a stranger, in Japan, we both are members of wazua if it is any consolation...give me.
Intelligentsia
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:30:12 PM

Only KShs 82m when we have returned a whole KShs 140b - repeat KShs 140b - to treasury because we are satisfied it has no use mle mashinani? Of course we can afford this small sum! Liar
Mungu atusaidie.Pray
gohill
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:40:45 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
gohill wrote:

I am in need of some cash urgently. Yes, I am in need. Give me, give me. You wont become poorer, after all.

And I am not a stranger, in Japan, we both are members of wazua if it is any consolation...give me.

Plz first get hit by a Tsunami. But i know you are in really need of gututha. Tuonane sato na nitajua you are a friend in need na utajua am a friend indeed. smile smile
Burning Spear
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:51:26 PM

what kenya did was something good whether kenya is poorer than japan or any other country should not arise.

The hand that gives receives more.Japan has for long assisted Kenya in so many ways and giving them a small token was a sign that we care about them.
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
YesuWangu
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:57:37 PM

gohill wrote:
YesuWangu wrote:
gohill wrote:

Plz first get hit by a Tsunami. But i know you are in really need of gututha. Tuonane sato na nitajua you are a friend in need na utajua am a friend indeed. smile smile

Lol.

I accept mpesa, zap, iko pesa and direct deposit, and also emissaries.
Wendz
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:00:47 PM

Burning Spear wrote:
what kenya did was something good whether kenya is poorer than japan or any other country should not arise.

The hand that gives receives more.Japan has for long assisted Kenya in so many ways and giving them a small token was a sign that we care about them.

May be i dont quite get it... i have no problem with giving.... what i am not sure about is if it is very responsible when you are giving, when your own people are dying of hunger - literally.
simonkabz
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:05:51 PM

@wendz, c'mon, its not like the gava is doing nothing about the hunger....
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Robinhood
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:11:44 PM

Japan is a key development partner to Kenya. The issue is a political/moral issue than it is about how rich or poor we are...
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
sanity
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:14:27 PM

@wendz The $1m was just a gesture of goodwill towards the japanese people..to be sincere japan is one of kenya's true friend.such a gesture will strengthen our friendship.

Also the gava is doing something about the hunger(as skabs says).They just declared it a national disaster....for the twentieth timeSad
Hope is not a strategy
bwenyenye
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:18:35 PM

We have no Priorities. Period!
I Think Therefore I Am
'user'
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:28:57 PM

Hypocricy here.give with right hand with a begging bowl in the left.
Why cant we get krolls 130billion stashed out by moi & others then we can give half of that and sort our problems the other half
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
YesuWangu
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:35:53 PM

It is certainly not bad to assist, as @ Gohill states and has promised to assist me.smile (Make it hefty brother..)smile

But that should not be the foundation upon which we start and build our relationship. Gohill should not be my friend because he has assisted me and I should not be Gohills' friend because he can and has assisted me.

Japan is one of the top ten donor countries in the world, but we dont hear them trumpeting this fact.

Therefore, to say that Kenyas assistance will strengthen its ties to Japan is flimsy and immoral. That should not even be a thing tying the two together, it should not even be mentioned let alone publicized.

But then again, Kenya goes ahead and does exactly that.

Priorities?

Dod
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:54:22 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
We have no Priorities. Period!

Enough said. Applause Applause
The rich have money working for them; the poor and the middle class are going to work for money.
'user'
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:55:30 PM

From the justification by the proponents here how has kibaki acted differently frm gichuru ?isnt the $1m not a bribe to japan to give us aid that in most cases doesnt help those who deserve it?
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
drake
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:07:44 PM

Au contraire my short-sighted-fine-feathered-friends; this was a chess move and quite brilliant!!!

The Japanese are now "indebted" to us and the goodwill from this paltry sum should pay dividends via..

1. Debt cancellation/relief either directly or their influence in the G8,(much preferred!). Don't forget that Japan is a Permanent member of the Paris Club....

2. JICA - despite all that's going on over there, they still need to balance their current account. Kobe 94 (?) refers

...I can't wait to hear what goodies the next high-powered Japanese delegation will come bearing...

P.S KES 82MM is less than USD 1MM last time I checked smile
Katibampya
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:09:42 PM

Good gesture or not,more aid or not, it still doesn't add up. How do you justify giving your neighbor 500 bob to repair his house when your own kids are hungry, homeless and hopeless?
Wendz
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 2:14:35 PM

drake wrote:

P.S KES 82MM is less than USD 1MM last time I checked smile

Is this after deducting commission charges or what exchange rate are we using?