wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages123>»
Champions League Final
willin2learn
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:07:10 PM

It's just a matter of days. It's a massive game for two teams. Both teams won their respective League titles! Manchester United are the days underdogs lakini matumaini iko. I don't see United repeating their 2009 errors where we played blunt upfront for 70 minutes after bombarding Barca in the opening 20 minutes. If i were SAF this would be my starting line up
Vds,Evra,vida,rio,raphael,valencia,giggs,carrick,rooney,owen,chica
Rooney playing in the left flank would keep Alves busy

super subs; Fletcher,park, nani. Halafu tuinue haka katrophy

what your take guys
McReggae
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:12:40 PM

Willing, I don't see him going for three strikers at the start, remember Park and Fletcher are big game players and he will want to have some space for them, your line sio mbaya!!!

I think United will down Barca on sato!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
willin2learn
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:17:22 PM

McReggae wrote:
Willing, I don't see him going for three strikers at the start, remember Park and Fletcher are big game players and he will want to have some space for them, your line sio mbaya!!!

I think United will down Barca on sato!!!!

@MC,

I'm assuming Carrick wakes up in his most recent form-kumbuka Chealsea game. The main focus here is to neuter the axis of evil ala xavi-iniesta-messi.

With Revenge on United's mind and playing at Wembley Barca may just be humbled!
TAZ
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:17:48 PM

@ Willin....I don't think SAF can risk fielding 3 strikers against a team like Barca. They are an attacking side so the priority will be how to stop them from playing their free flowing football. Fletcher should be a must in the starting line up, otherwise naona kichapo tena.
PONDI
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:27:49 PM

barca 3 man-1.. and i will make merry that night.. i hope man-u fans wont go 'mteja'...
gadj
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:30:03 PM

This is the lineup SAF should go with:- Vds,Evra,vida,rio,fabio,valencia,giggs,carrick,Park,rooney,chica. 3 strikers is sucidal, park will be played to nullify barcas midfield trio.
McReggae
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:09:51 PM

SAF press conference:
Low-key Ferguson press conference. How will Man Utd deal with Messi? "There is always a solution to every good player."

Ferguson answering lots of questions from world media on Hernandez. "He's been the sensation of the season" he says.

Question: "How important is Ryan Giggs?" Ferguson answer: "All the players are important. Every one of them."

..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
SAC Cohen
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:29:23 PM

Barca's threat that most people don't see is the attacking fullbacks Alves and Abidal/maxwell... as what happens is that the the midfield of opposition teams gets stretched out wide and pegged back ... (thereby conceding possession).

If rooney can fall back into that pocket that Busquets thrives in, it will break up barca's buildup play. But Man u must REMAIN COMPACT (barca's midfield hardly ever passes the ball more than 10-15 yards between players but is however very mobile)

Dani Alves is the weak line IMHO on the barca side, as he hardly tracks back (especially if your team always has 78% possesion).

The way i know SAF, 5 in midfield with Chica upfront and rooney playing as an attacking midfielder. Puyol may struggle against chica.

On the other side, Man U's weakness is Carrick. he only survives when a team does not have a competent attacking midfielder... if Man u sit deep, Carrick has a knack for losing concentration and gets sucked deep in.
mwenza
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:35:53 PM

In all Man U big games, Rooney is never played as a striker. Chica will do as a lone striker and Rooney as a play maker. Fletcher would have been ideal to disrupt Barca's game but remember he has been out with a virus and last sunday he was not on splendid form.

@Willin2learn...........Ji Sung Park is the first name on team sheet for all big games.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Robinhood
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:09:09 PM

How I hate armchair experts!!
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
willin2learn
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:26:47 PM

Robinhood wrote:

Hey mate! opinion is free.
kingfisher
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:32:41 PM

May the best team win.

Now my input...
There is one man SAF has to take care of irrespective of whom he fields and that person is SERGIO BUSCUETS. Ignore him and you are doomed. take care of hi and you have equal chances to win, if not better. Every coach in spain knows that, including the special one. so i assume SAF knows the same.

Read Steve McLaren analysis here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sp...i/football/13288954.stm

When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
MaichBlack
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:52:53 PM

Robinhood wrote:

These threads are not sequential. Choose the ones to go through and the ones to ignore. Hapana letea watu stress hapa.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
PONDI
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:36:24 PM

i think it will be a very tight and highly technical game. plenty of nerves all around. at some point tempers will fly, especially when barca start acting... feigning injury to get opponent penalised. should a man-u player get yellow carded early on, then focus will be on him... if he so much as touches or farts near a barca player...red card. i feel for man-u to win, they must score first. otherwise this may just be an avalanche should barca score first
Modo
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:38:51 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Robinhood wrote:

These threads are not sequential. Choose the ones to go through and the ones to ignore. Hapana letea watu stress hapa.

@Maichblack YES... tell them.
na ni member nilidhani ni hallo kama mimi lol
Jus Blazin
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:03:58 AM

Robinhood wrote:

Sasa wewe javelin expert. BK, don't you know previews and opinions are very much part of the game?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
nostoppingthis
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:11:49 AM

ManU-gu 1 - Juventus 2.....warm up to the Barca game...
smano
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:21:14 AM

Robinhood wrote:

Si basi uende kwa post ya Julie and menopause or more appropriately the one I've seen on ABK!?

@willing SAF would be crazy to put people like Owen in a game against Barca...@Sac has said it like it is....a compact 4-5-1 with Rooney playing as the attacking midfielder, Valencia and Park/Giggs out on the wings and Fletcher/Anderson and Carrick as holding. Then you have to hope that each Man Utd player gives the performance of their lives and we do something with the 30% possession we're bound to get. Every chance on goal should be converted. You also have to pray Barca do not switch it on the way they did in the first leg of the El Classico.

Behind I'd chance O'Shea over Rafael because Rafael is bound to make a rash challenge on mst likely Villa and O'Shea does not overlap too much. Some luck would also be welcome.

The longer we wait for the match the more I have belief Man Utd will stun the favourites (Yes Pep, Barca are the favourites despite your mind gamesShame on you )
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
PONDI
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:21:18 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:

that was gary neville testimonial game.. basically a 'kwaheri ya kuonana' friendly game
Jus Blazin
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:40:23 AM

PONDI wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

that was gary neville testimonial game.. basically a 'kwaheri ya kuonana' friendly game

You can't call it a warm up because it was akina Beckham, Butt, Neville Brothers, Bebe, Obertan, Amos etcetera, playing. Ilikuwa testimonial. It was a friendly friendly smile
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca