wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Spend $225 million on Private Jets
Mukiri
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 8:16:37 PM

It is easy to criticize the happenings of Church folk. I put up a video not long ago where TD Jakes mentioned it. If hypocrisy is your yard stick, then you ought to know that it is also present in the bar. He said something about your stripper not really caring much about you, but for your money! If it is a clean clear-cut picture you want, then you ought to be by yourself! These videos always pop up because Church folk are under constant scrutiny... Si uweke videos of your local bar, why go miles away to point out vice?

Proverbs 19:21
masukuma
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 9:17:38 PM

Mukiri wrote:
It is easy to criticize the happenings of Church folk. I put up a video not long ago where TD Jakes mentioned it. If hypocrisy is your yard stick, then you ought to know that it is also present in the bar. He said something about your stripper not really caring much about you, but for your money! If it is a clean clear-cut picture you want, then you ought to be by yourself! These videos always pop up because Church folk are under constant scrutiny... Si uweke videos of your local bar, why go miles away to point out vice?

This whole thread is not on hypocrisy during religious practice but rather plain stupidity during the same. This is mainly in Africa! There is a difference!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Drobos fly
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2018 10:22:01 PM

Mukiri wrote:

Do you remember what happened in Matthew 19:16-22? Read it and pay very close attention to the question he asks Jesus. "What shall I do that I may have eternal life?".... thereafter the conversation carries on what has and hasn't been done. At the very end, Jesus says, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

This is to mean and scarily so, is that all along, he hadn't been following God. He had a different god. The god of mammon that doesn't allow you fully obey Christ. The ruler's heart was in the wealth he obtained, not service to God. I actually support the critic of this thread based on Matthew 19:16-22. You shall either serve God or mammon, you will as a result love one and hate the other. Unfortunately the question that the rich young ruler initially asked, "What shall I do that I may have eternal life?" lead to the revealing of the key thing that his heart wouldn't let go because it had become his god instead of Jesus.

That is the problem we have currently with preachers of this generation. They have become at first glance about wealth and prosperity rather than to be identified with Christ the Messiah through their steadfast ways. Discernment is the key thing here, not all but some are worshiping the god of mammon in the name of the living God.
Mukiri
#24 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 11:02:09 AM

Drobos fly wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Do you remember what happened in Matthew 19:16-22? Read it and pay very close attention to the question he asks Jesus. "What shall I do that I may have eternal life?".... thereafter the conversation carries on what has and hasn't been done. At the very end, Jesus says, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

This is to mean and scarily so, is that all along, he hadn't been following God. He had a different god. The god of mammon that doesn't allow you fully obey Christ. The ruler's heart was in the wealth he obtained, not service to God. I actually support the critic of this thread based on Matthew 19:16-22. You shall either serve God or mammon, you will as a result love one and hate the other. Unfortunately the question that the rich young ruler initially asked, "What shall I do that I may have eternal life?" lead to the revealing of the key thing that his heart wouldn't let go because it had become his god instead of Jesus.

That is the problem we have currently with preachers of this generation. They have become at first glance about wealth and prosperity rather than to be identified with Christ the Messiah through their steadfast ways. Discernment is the key thing here, not all but some are worshiping the god of mammon in the name of the living God.

This I understand and agree with.. However, the weak use the evils happening in Church as a reason to avoid it altogether. My take, evil is everywhere, much more so in the world than in Church. One would be more safer in Church, seeking the face the God, irrespective of the happenings.

Mukiri
#25 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 11:04:56 AM

masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

This whole thread is not on hypocrisy during religious practice but rather plain stupidity during the same. This is mainly in Africa! There is a difference!

'Wealthy Nigerian Pastors...' is a blanket statement. I'm sure there are good ones in the midst of them all. I wouldn't write about Wazuan Antichrists, when I'm only reffering to Ma-kales, ama?

masukuma
#26 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 11:26:49 AM

Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

'Wealthy Nigerian Pastors...' is a blanket statement. I'm sure there are good ones in the midst of them all. I wouldn't write about Wazuan Antichrists, when I'm only reffering to Ma-kales, ama?

'ALL Nigerian Pastors...' would be the 'blanket statement'. My statement would only be wrong if it was 0 or 1 Nigerian Pastors pulling this shit!

I don't even Know where you got the sense that I am an Anti-Christ... you could be projecting thinking because I am calling out stupidity in African Christians and making them uncomfortable - I am anti what they believe at the core. Chief... I am just Anti-Stupidity or Anti Rationality! That's why you cannot see David Oginde or T.D. Jakes on this thread... because they are not NUTS and their followers are not NUTS!!
Mukiri
#27 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 12:50:39 PM

masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

'ALL Nigerian Pastors...' would be the 'blanket statement'. My statement would only be wrong if it was 0 or 1 Nigerian Pastors pulling this shit!

I don't even Know where you got the sense that I am an Anti-Christ... you could be projecting thinking because I am calling out stupidity in African Christians and making them uncomfortable - I am anti what they believe at the core. Chief... I am just Anti-Stupidity or Anti Rationality! That's why you cannot see David Oginde or T.D. Jakes on this thread... because they are not NUTS and their followers are not NUTS!!

I hear you. Sawa sawa Chief

alma1
#28 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 1:10:43 PM

I have a friend who's going nuts about this guy coming. I mean she's all over talking about the "real" prophet coming to Kenya. She's saying that the rest of us are just against the true prophet.

I decided that our conversations shall forever be about the weather. Until one day she told me that God hates us all on earth that's why it was raining at 4pm. We should send some dollars to the son of god to pray for us.

There has to be an institution to cater for madness in this country. Instead of using tax money to paint Thika Road pink, we should those funds for mental health issues.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

masukuma
#29 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2018 1:47:43 PM

alma1 wrote:
I have a friend who's going nuts about this guy coming. I mean she's all over talking about the "real" prophet coming to Kenya. She's saying that the rest of us are just against the true prophet.

I decided that our conversations shall forever be about the weather. Until one day she told me that God hates us all on earth that's why it was raining at 4pm. We should send some dollars to the son of god to pray for us.

There has to be an institution to cater for madness in this country. Instead of using tax money to paint Thika Road pink, we should those funds for mental health issues.

The "real" prophet flies!!