wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Spend $225 million on Private Jets
propertyzote
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:31:15 AM

I just read this article and am lost for words.Where are we headed. This is an extreme level of hypocrisy. This church has roots in kenya and have serious followers..i even see Kenyans being picked at Kencom bustop to be transported to church. Now we know where this money ends up. The article says and I quote "Paradoxically, the same people who complain about the extravagant lifestyles of their spiritual leaders are the same ones who finance it. Every Sunday, swarms of worshipers rush to the church to give away their hard-earned money to the pastors’ coffers in the form of tithes, offerings and special gifts with the deluded hope of multiplied financial blessings in return. For many, this is but a pipe dream. Deep down, the pastors smile; they’ve got just the perfect suckers."
http://onforb.es/iGOfYU
www.propertyzote.com the ultimate ‘one stop online shop’ of choice connecting more people with more properties at the click of a button
Genghis Khan
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:42:02 AM

You're right, its a shame...

"I'd be a Christian, but for Christians" - MOHANDAS KARAMCHAND (MAHATMA) GANDHI

But still, these guys don't owe us any explanations... "they work for God" and should answer to him. Just pick another church if you don't like rich pastors like me...

Personally I rarely go to Church and almost never fork out my hard earned cash after service... I'd rather go to Nakumatt, buy some unga, rice, sugar plus some sweets and go to Mama Ngina Children's Home... I'm sure putting food in these kids is more God's work...

As leaders/enterprenuers, I have to say I admire these guys: they make piles of cash, they do not pay taxes since goverments wouldn't dare to tax God or any of his direct employees, they have masses of followers who trust them...

I aspire to own a Gulf Stream one day.
"I'd rather be lucky than clever... every time!" - ME
"The problem is not what we don't know... it's what we know for sure that just ain't!" - MARK TWAIN
"Space we can recover... time never!" - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
anasazi
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:52:51 AM

http://www.conradmbewe.c...ian-religious-junk.html

Check out some of the reasons people have been duped by what we may call "Nigerian religious junk"
Form is temporary, class is permanent
Mtu Biz
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:07:24 AM

Yaani, billionaire businessmen gainfully employing thousands of people and making a serious practical positive difference in society can afford 2 jets when they feel extravagant.

This 'man of God' has 4!

I guess its easy pickings for these pastors.

1. Sell hot air at a massive premium

2. All your 'employees' are volunteers in
'ministry'

3. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly All the way to the next jet!
Sola Scriptura

Sigiriri
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:13:02 PM

wajinga ndio waliuawa!!
Let sleeping dogs lie!

Honestly, other than the 'traditional' churches like Catho, ACK, PCEA - is any of 'today's' churches involved in anything charitable? And dont tell me you fed IDPs because for such, a special offering was done. I need to hear of a church that has a clinic they run, a hospital they sponsor, widows they feed, orphans they cater for or just poor pple they help through life.

I refuse to give my hard earned cash for a plane to be bought!!
KenyanLyrics
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:18:57 PM

Who's flyer than the G5 airplane? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MaichBlack
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:52:05 PM

The Wanjirus [Maggie], Muirus, Nduatis etc. have a long way to go even after milking their congregations dry.

If they've read these reports, I expect an exponential increase in MPesa donation request, price increase on holy water for sale, more "panda mbegu" 'sermons' etc.

I used to watch Televangelist but they just turn me off. Always preaching about wealth and demanding for donations/offering/tithe without explaining where it ends up. I am always like "What happened to the gospel?". I am okay with Lai and JB Masinde among others though.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
masukuma
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 12:05:01 PM

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Dahatre
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 10:10:32 PM

Sometimes they do more Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Angelica _ann
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2017 11:32:31 PM

masukuma wrote:

Hiyo church ni ya wamama tupu d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kamaD
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 06, 2017 12:44:49 AM

it,s their hustle just that they have outdone the rest in the industry. Let them be. As long as the contributors are at peace with themselves...I have tried to understand religion all my life but now I just think It is very complicated. And it has nothing to do with Intelligence at all(same category with tribalism and all isms)
hamburglar
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 12:47:38 PM

masukuma wrote:

This guy ought to be arrested. Why can't governments around the world start arresting these conmen?
hardwood
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 5:57:54 PM

masukuma
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 9:51:44 PM

Chai!!
Angelica _ann
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 11:45:44 PM

masukuma wrote:

If only Baba knew, he would be like this with all wafuasi wake who are poverty stricken, while those of Uhuruto wanamelemeta in richness & wealth!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
masukuma
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2018 10:16:20 AM

Enyewe tutaonyeshwa mambo!

Euge
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:43:50 AM

Genghis Khan wrote:
You're right, its a shame...

"I'd be a Christian, but for Christians" - MOHANDAS KARAMCHAND (MAHATMA) GANDHI

But still, these guys don't owe us any explanations... "they work for God" and should answer to him. Just pick another church if you don't like rich pastors like me...

Personally I rarely go to Church and almost never fork out my hard earned cash after service... I'd rather go to Nakumatt, buy some unga, rice, sugar plus some sweets and go to Mama Ngina Children's Home... I'm sure putting food in these kids is more God's work...

As leaders/enterprenuers, I have to say I admire these guys: they make piles of cash, they do not pay taxes since goverments wouldn't dare to tax God or any of his direct employees, they have masses of followers who trust them...

I aspire to own a Gulf Stream one day.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Then you urgently need to join one of these churches so that you learn and understand the business
Lord, thank you!
tycho
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 11:59:11 AM

Benefits of a crooked Christology.

The pastors are playing the role expected from them. For those who can read 'The grand inquisitor' in Dostoevsky's novel.

We're blind to you haters...
masukuma
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 12:19:04 PM

go deeper Papa! go deeper man of God! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Jump-steady
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2018 4:40:13 PM

masukuma wrote:
go deeper Papa! go deeper man of God! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!