wazua Sat, May 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
The beginning of the end for NuMetro in Kenya
bhaveshkeromatt@gmail.com
#21 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 1:21:07 AM

Silver bird westgate is being auctioned. Do you think its a good business idea to buy it? Seriosuly?
kizee1
#22 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 12:12:31 PM

so i watched pirates in 3d on friday at sarit...man sarit is in a pathetic state extremely pathetic!the experience is no where close to the nu metro experience and now that they have no compe i guess they wont bother to upgrade their facility!
FundamentAli
#23 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 3:26:21 PM

KenyanLyrics wrote:
@anasazi ticket prices of 500 bob do not seem to deter audiences from filling up the seats at Churchill live. Neither did they seem to deter people from attending Redykyulass a decade ago. Premium local content is key if you ask me.

They should revert to their old ways. In the old days they had one movie which they used to repeat year in year out and still pack the theaters. The name of that movie was 'The Language of Love'. Ask Guka how many times he watched it.
mdosi
#24 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 4:10:02 PM

I watched pirates 3D at sarit and the theater needs some serious improvement. The sound was not comparable to silver bird quality and we were excess in the theater due to overbooking which is a thing i didn't understand. There were people sitting in other peoples seats and before the problem was sorted, there was so much distraction while the movie was going on. The excess guys ended up sitting at the staircase.

On a different note, i hate people coming to movie theaters with babies(breast feeding ones) who start crying while the movies is in progress. Then there are people who start narrating the movie to their company(talking and picking phones) and even after urging them to stop they still go on. The theater experience is losing it's allure due to such behaviours and this may be killing the business too.
It's amazing what you can achieve when you get rid of fear.
Dash
#25 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 4:13:38 PM

I dont think you can compare churchill/redycullas to the theatres. People pay that cash because you cant exactly go buy a dvd of something thats happening 'live'.
Secondly lets look at the age. The main movie goers are between the age of 13-25. They are the ones that fill the theatres. If you look at the people who go watch churchill/ local movies they are abit older/mature.
So I do believe a price drop, better advertising and customer care and offers will attract more customers. Not everyone is a fan of 50 bob dvds
KenyanLyrics
#26 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 9:26:40 PM

Dash wrote:
I dont think you can compare churchill/redycullas to the theatres. People pay that cash because you cant exactly go buy a dvd of something thats happening 'live'.

Actually, you can buy the DVDs of Churchill and Redykyulass at around 1k, the equivalent of less than 2 live shows. If price was that big an issue, why wouldn't people take this option instead of going every other week?

Dash wrote:
Secondly lets look at the age. The main movie goers are between the age of 13-25. They are the ones that fill the theatres. If you look at the people who go watch churchill/ local movies they are abit older/mature.

I agree with you on this point, and I think this has to do more with retail in general, than with movies themselves. Any retailer worth their salt should know to ignore the 13-25 age bracket. For all their flashiness and futuristic thinking, HAWANA DOUGH!
Dash
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:42:26 AM

Ni kweli hawana dough lakini wana peer influence. I remember at that age asking folks for cash to go watch movies because all my pals were going. Then other pals join in because am going. Then you go to the theatres and find half the people from your school have filled up the hall.
My point is they have masses and if you are able to attract a few teenagers, they follow each other like sheep.
QW25071985
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:50:14 AM

mdosi wrote:
I watched pirates 3D at sarit and the theater needs some serious improvement. The sound was not comparable to silver bird quality and we were excess in the theater due to overbooking which is a thing i didn't understand. There were people sitting in other peoples seats and before the problem was sorted, there was so much distraction while the movie was going on. The excess guys ended up sitting at the staircase.

On a different note, i hate people coming to movie theaters with babies(breast feeding ones) who start crying while the movies is in progress. Then there are people who start narrating the movie to their company(talking and picking phones) and even after urging them to stop they still go on. The theater experience is losing it's allure due to such behaviours and this may be killing the business too.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . i have friend whose very gud at that Laughing out loudly