wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<78910>
ZUKU - Kenya's worst run company. Avoid at all costs!
TSi
#161 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 12:04:17 PM

quicksand wrote:
So Zuku ran this promotion over Valentine's. In my case, they offered a 20% discount and some loyalty points if I renewed the subscription for March right then. 660/- saved. I thought it was a good deal and took it. It turns out they just wanted my cash but did not want to uphold their end of the bargain. Today, my account was disconnected for a "short-fall of 660/-".
I have tried to call their helpline and it is not connecting. After 10 attempts, I have given up.
This has all the hallmarks of a SCAM.
CA has some mechanism where aggrieved citizens can direct complaints of rip-offs like this one surely? Anyone else affected?

I know a guy there who can help; he may need your account number or phone number at least
bird_man
#162 Posted : Friday, March 03, 2017 8:24:42 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Zuku is rubbish service in its purest form. Absolute rubbish.

And now with Safcom fibre, they are in a full blown panic.

Zuku will be over in 1yr.Safaricom fibre is cheaper and more reliable.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#163 Posted : Monday, March 06, 2017 10:26:46 AM

quicksand wrote:
So Zuku ran this promotion over Valentine's. In my case, they offered a 20% discount and some loyalty points if I renewed the subscription for March right then. 660/- saved. I thought it was a good deal and took it. It turns out they just wanted my cash but did not want to uphold their end of the bargain. Today, my account was disconnected for a "short-fall of 660/-".
I have tried to call their helpline and it is not connecting. After 10 attempts, I have given up.
This has all the hallmarks of a SCAM.
CA has some mechanism where aggrieved citizens can direct complaints of rip-offs like this one surely? Anyone else affected?

hold your horse. this is a problem allover.their systems arenot factoring in the discount hence the disconnect.why you need to do is ask them to adjust your account accordingly.they respond fast on facebook for some wiered reason.

www.facebook.com/ZukuOfficial/?refid=13

bird_man
#164 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2017 8:48:24 AM

So they upgraded everyone by 66% for same price...
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
grolut
#165 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2017 10:15:41 AM

bird_man wrote:

Yep, former 60Mbps connection now 100MBps.Drool

To Zuku server:

International:

In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
KulaRaha
#166 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2017 10:25:00 AM

Reacting to Safaricom....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Matoe
#167 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2017 4:32:20 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Reacting to Safaricom....

......which is good, I call it healthy competition and a benefit to subscribers
otienosmall
#168 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2017 7:35:39 PM

bird_man wrote:

wont bring much positive change. Safaricom fibre for home use is still much cheaper and more reliable. For 3,499 SF gives you 10mbps for a similar amount ZF now gives you 2 from 1mbps and you still need to make at least 3 of those annoying calls per week for the later to sort you out as a results of the frequent hitches. Was with them for some time very bogus so to speakShame on you
Jinomoja
#169 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:52:43 AM

I think the Zuku connection depends on your location.

My connection in Nairobi West has been excellent for the few years I've been using it. Fast and with very little downtime. I stream all my entertainment without any trouble.

On the other hand the connection at my folks place in ImaraDaima is basically a waste of money. It regularly goes down for hours at a time and Zuku rarely ever seems to be in a hurry to sort it out.
Safcom has put in their infrastructure in the area and we'll be shifting soon. I hope it'll be a better solution.

We use Zuku at our workplace and we constantly get downtimes. My boss also complains of Zuku regularly going down at his place in Karen.

Perhaps my good connection in Nai West is just a peculiarity.

bird_man
#170 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 2:01:43 PM

Langata Road is also good.
Only issue I have is the erratic speeds.You pay for 15Mbps but end up getting 8Mbps download & 1Mbps upload.
For Safcom if you have the 10Mbps package you get 9.5Mbps upload & 9Mbps upload.
KulaRaha
#171 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 2:14:59 PM

Having left Zuku and moved to JTL Faiba, I have noted Safcom have now laid cable outside my place. Am tempted to vuka again, 20mbs for 5k as opposed to JTL's 5mpbs.

Any Safcom fibre reviews? How reliable is it?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
deadpoet
#172 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:05:11 PM

I recently got safaricom fibre.

You get exactly what you pay for. If it is 10Mps, it is 10 both upstream and downstream. No FUP stories. And all the people in the house can enjoy, whether online gaming or streaming on the TV, computer, or mobile at the same time. Plus you can change your subscription from month to month without any penalties or charges.

However, they do state that service can be degraded if all your neighbours are online at the same time - but I am yet to experience that.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#173 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 10:56:01 AM

ZUKU vs SAFCOM. Round One

The good thing about Safaricom fiber is that its Fiber to the home and thats where it shines over zuku.zuku is cable internet.and safricom's vuma has symmetrical speeds asin same upload and download very useful for office connectivity.Safaricom vuma using GPON can easily scale upto 1Gbit per second of net speed for subscribers with a few clicks of a button whilst zuku will have to redo their whole network they are putting now just to support even 500mbps.donot know why zuku is so short sighted.networks are built for the future you know
#174 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 12:34:04 PM

I migrated to Safaricom in December. It's been excellent and the customer service is on point too.

BBI will solve it
:)
Chaka
#175 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 2:59:09 PM

2012 wrote:
I migrated to Safaricom in December. It's been excellent and the customer service is on point too.

What's the cheapest unlimited monthly package?
Ryko
#176 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:09:27 PM

i am now very very tempted to join safcom. I have been with zuku for 2 years man 5k (15MB) now 20Mbs sincerely i have net been having issues except some fibre cuts in syokimau. Now i also have safcom in my house but i have not completed the wiring.... This views here are making me think of safcom.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
grolut
#177 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 8:04:06 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:

The good thing about Safaricom fiber is that its Fiber to the home and thats where it shines over zuku.zuku is cable internet.and safricom's vuma has symmetrical speeds asin same upload and download very useful for office connectivity.Safaricom vuma using GPON can easily scale upto 1Gbit per second of net speed for subscribers with a few clicks of a button whilst zuku will have to redo their whole network they are putting now just to support even 500mbps.donot know why zuku is so short sighted.networks are built for the future you know

Zuku stated during the launch of their 250Mbps service that their infrastructure would now support 1Gbps connections.
grolut
#178 Posted : Saturday, March 11, 2017 8:10:56 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Having left Zuku and moved to JTL Faiba, I have noted Safcom have now laid cable outside my place. Am tempted to vuka again, 20mbs for 5k as opposed to JTL's 5mpbs.

Any Safcom fibre reviews? How reliable is it?

I've only heard good things from the people I know who've switched. Personally I switched from JTL to Zuku because of consistently slower speeds than what I was paying for, high latency and frequent downtime. So far no problems with Zuku but it could just be the location.
Ericsson
#179 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 11:24:32 AM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:

Zuku went for a cheaper technology to implement
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
snifadog
#180 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 9:22:10 AM

I have zuku in the office, for the last couple of weeks, at 1PM the connection goes on and off till about 4PM leaving the office offline. these guys need to sort out their systems, safaricom is almost landing here, we will be switching . Location : westlands.