wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<45678>»
ZUKU - Kenya's worst run company. Avoid at all costs!
wal6807
#101 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:07:46 PM

I have issues with this guys how can i pay for 8Mbps service and not even get 1Mbps (12.5%) when i need it is this too much ask really ??? what is the international norm i wonder . Can any IT / Networking guru provide insight
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
•Socrates (470?-399 BC)
muganda
#102 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:19:09 PM

Here you go @wal6807...
muganda wrote:
Ooops thanks guys, almost missed the feedback.
Thanks again and I confirm tests do indeed show:

1) Faiba as fastest in Cable with only 4 users sharing their 10mbps connection that goes for 10,000/= monthly. They also seem to have a quiet 5,000/= monthly option

2) Orange wireless Black modems very fast. In fact speed almost equivalent to Cable. They have introduced a new 3,000/= unlimited offer with fair usage policy.

Though offering tri-play and reasonable, Zuku was a bit disappointing because their 8mbps shared connection is between 20 people. 7.2mpbs speed to their office but a paltry 560kbps to Internet (US).

Zuku, Faiba, and other Fibre Cable variants
http://www.wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=22667

wal6807
#103 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:23:28 PM

@muganda Thanks
"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers."
•Socrates (470?-399 BC)
Gordon Gekko
#104 Posted : Monday, November 04, 2013 4:29:58 PM

They have just appointed a new CEO http://www.capitalfm.co....-appoints-alden-new-ceo

I hope he will give value for money.They previously had a product called T1 which they 'improved' and re-designated R1. T1 price was ksh 1,799, R1 is ksh 2,999. The two products are exactly the same.

I have abandoned them and restarted my DSTV compact that gives better value for money. If the new CEO wants me back, Zuku should return T1 and provide a wireless router like they do for R4 and R8.
Magigi
#105 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:52:30 AM

dunkang
#106 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:11:22 AM

Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

bird_man
#107 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:32:35 AM

dunkang wrote:

Boss....are you sure you are in Kenya?Or are you the boss at some ISP umefunguliwa mfereji?This is virtually impossible in Kenya.Applause Applause Applause
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
KulaRaha
#108 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:28:52 PM

bird_man wrote:
dunkang wrote:

Boss....are you sure you are in Kenya?Or are you the boss at some ISP umefunguliwa mfereji?This is virtually impossible in Kenya.Applause Applause Applause

Ditto. That is impossible speeds in Kenya...I use Zuku 8mbs product and have never seen anything even close to this.Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
dunkang
#109 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:53:39 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
dunkang wrote:

MORNING

Ditto. That is impossible speeds in Kenya...I use Zuku 8mbs product and have never seen anything even close to this.Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

LUNCH TIME

Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

muganda
#110 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:40:48 AM

Heheh @dunkang pinging 5ms may be between points on a LAN connection somewhere.
Even on your core backbone, change server to Palo Alto in California and post picture, will you...

Meanwhile, other realities

iller
#111 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:23:56 AM

dunkang wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
bird_man wrote:
dunkang wrote:

MORNING

LUNCH TIME

If im not wrong, you must have selected zuku servers when doing your speedtest, if so, that is the speed of your local loop to the isp and not your internet speeds, try a different server i.e airtel one or one from abroad to know your real speeds then paste the results
hardwood
#112 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:50:12 PM

I am getting tired of buying safaricom bundles to access the internet and yet i am connected to zuku fibre. Last month i went for a whole week without zuku internet service. Customer care told me they were having a power problem......for a whole week! And right now the service has been down for 3 days.

Then like mad men they send me a text to tell me i should renew my subscription by 20th to continue enjoying the service. I called them and told them am fed up by their incompetence and they should come and remove their fibre cables and modem, otherwise i will remove them and burn them. Let me go back to safcom or orange bundles. At least i will get what i pay for. Why pay zuku over 4k for fibre then i have to use another 3k for bundles coz zuku is dead? 3k can give me orange unlimited for a month!
timizo
#113 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 7:04:57 PM

hardwood wrote:
I am getting tired of buying safaricom bundles to access the internet and yet i am connected to zuku fibre. Last month i went for a whole week without zuku internet service. Customer care told me they were having a power problem......for a whole week! And right now the service has been down for 3 days.

Then like mad men they send me a text to tell me i should renew my subscription by 20th to continue enjoying the service. I called them and told them am fed up by their incompetence and they should come and remove their fibre cables and modem, otherwise i will remove them and burn them. Let me go back to safcom or orange bundles. At least i will get what i pay for. Why pay zuku over 4k for fibre then i have to use another 3k for bundles coz zuku is dead? 3k can give me orange unlimited for a month!

Hahaha.... I had the same experience.... For my case, I was taken in circles. I had to call someone from a rival company, explained what was happening and was advised the problem was with the signal. Zuku technicians told me the problem was signal, almost a week after someone else had helped me know the real problem. I have no idea when they will fix it if they will ever but meanwhile, I have moved on. Using orange modem. They seem to have the best deal. You seem to have too much money to waste
1. Safcom very expensive
2. Before you burn the modem and everything else zuku, please donate them to me and I will find something useful to do with them. Why do you want them to have them back? Kwani installation was for free?
hardwood
#114 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 7:27:00 PM

timizo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Hahaha.... I had the same experience.... For my case, I was taken in circles. I had to call someone from a rival company, explained what was happening and was advised the problem was with the signal. Zuku technicians told me the problem was signal, almost a week after someone else had helped me know the real problem. I have no idea when they will fix it if they will ever but meanwhile, I have moved on. Using orange modem. They seem to have the best deal. You seem to have too much money to waste
1. Safcom very expensive
2. Before you burn the modem and everything else zuku, please donate them to me and I will find something useful to do with them. Why do you want them to have them back? Kwani installation was for free?

Yes i paid a connection fee for the equipment, it wasnt free, but my blood boils whenever i look at that blinking router that always tells me there's no internet service. I am so angry i dont want to see anything zuku in my house.
kayhara
#115 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 8:50:14 PM

hardwood wrote:
timizo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

1. Safcom very expensive

Yes i paid a connection fee for the equipment, it wasnt free, but my blood boils whenever i look at that blinking router that always tells me there's no internet service. I am so angry i dont want to see anything zuku in my house.

Pole, yani no wazuan is using safaricom fiber at home or at the office? I'm interested to know about them.
To Each His Own
Swenani
#116 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 9:43:37 AM

kayhara wrote:
hardwood wrote:
timizo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

1. Safcom very expensive

Pole, yani no wazuan is using safaricom fiber at home or at the office? I'm interested to know about them.

safcom vuma at home fibre

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hardwood
#117 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 10:40:50 AM

Yet another day without internet access. The 4th day. For how many more days will zuku subject us to this?
geofreygachie
#118 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 11:09:24 AM

Swenani wrote:
kayhara wrote:
hardwood wrote:
timizo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

1. Safcom very expensive

safcom vuma at home fibre

@ swenani ,if you use chrome please install an extension by the name ADBLOCK PLUS it will help you get rid of those adverts on every page that you visit.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Caramba
#119 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2015 5:58:29 PM

hardwood wrote:
timizo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

1. Safcom very expensive

I went through a similar experience last week. I wrote to them asking for a rebate, in view of the service interruption, but they declined. I've also noted that they throttle your bandwidth if you are a heavy user.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#120 Posted : Thursday, November 05, 2015 10:14:40 AM

Caramba wrote:
hardwood wrote:
timizo wrote:
hardwood wrote:

1. Safcom very expensive

I went through a similar experience last week. I wrote to them asking for a rebate, in view of the service interruption, but they declined. I've also noted that they throttle your bandwidth if you are a heavy user.

thats new.so how do they categorize a heavy user?