wazua Thu, May 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<34567>»
ZUKU - Kenya's worst run company. Avoid at all costs!
erifloss
#81 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 12:05:08 PM

Worst service & customer care. Used it for 2 months and stopped.
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
Kulchaz
#82 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:02:12 PM

The Zuku Satellite TV is quite good, I hear they have hit 35,000+ Subscribers in five months since launch. The problem is that the demand for this service is too high that they have run out of equipment!! I have been trying to acquire one for the last two months but without luck! I hope they will have new shippment in before Xmas, I need hook up my old folks!
cmk
#83 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:48:22 AM

how does zuku's nature compare with natgeo wild?i also hear starplus will host natgeo gold??hi ni gani?
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
cmk
#84 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:49:24 AM

Kulchaz wrote:
The Zuku Satellite TV is quite good, I hear they have hit 35,000+ Subscribers in five months since launch. The problem is that the demand for this service is too high that they have run out of equipment!! I have been trying to acquire one for the last two months but without luck! I hope they will have new shippment in before Xmas, I need hook up my old folks!

so did you finally hook your folks with zuku?how's it??
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
kenyanbeef
#85 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:01:40 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Elder wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Apart from the monthly rates for the fibre, is there a monthly equipment fee charged?

For the fibre the equipment is theirs and you only pay the monthly access fees plus the one-off installation fees.

Plus the cost of all those panadols you will buy from the headaches you will get from their crappy customer disservice!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
So Zuku put up their paraphernalia for our newly constructed apartments and leave leaflets with numbers on them. The no. complete with a name has been mteja for like a month now... So I decide to call customer care and a 'friendly' lady was quite apologetic and promised that someone would call me immediately. Am still waiting ... And am a new customer! I don't even have a problem/complaint to resolve. Am a new customer. What are these people in business for? smh.
leona
#86 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:32:44 PM

That's Zuku for you.. Always good until you have an issue and have to deal with their customer service. I don't know where they get their reps from.. very rude and unprofessional,and above all... They're great Liars
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
essyk
#87 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:11:09 PM

Told my boss to avoid them at all costs after being advised by the IT department,but he went ahead to register cz they were 'cheaper and promised all goodies in store'.
Wiring was done and a month later he was still cursing and banging tables.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
King G
#88 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:33:18 AM

essyk wrote:
month later he was still cursing and banging tables.

You must be enjoying it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Thieves
rryyzz
#89 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:54:15 AM

essyk wrote:
Told my boss to avoid them at all costs after being advised by the IT department,but he went ahead to register cz they were 'cheaper and promised all goodies in store'.
Wiring was done and a month later he was still cursing and banging tables.

Had planned to sign up with them, since I don't want to join your boss in banging tables, wachanikimbie, ng'o pesa zangu hawaioni
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.... Leo Buscaglia
essyk
#90 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:25:44 PM

King G wrote:
essyk wrote:
month later he was still cursing and banging tables.

You must be enjoying it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Nope.It was very frustrating to hear him use the f* word and s**t as he went around cursing zuku.
To make it worse he started working from a cyber!(free)leaving me to chase up zuku.
If they promise to come at 10 am expect them at 6 pm when you are supposed to be at home.
Then you have to postpone till next day and repeat it all over again.

It's a new era.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
iller
#91 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 4:14:30 PM

i have used zuku for a year and i cant complain. for 4k, that is a bargain. just hope you dont get to call their support guys. in terms of speeds, during the day its fast, jioni not baad
Elder
#92 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:53:30 PM

"Dear Customer, There is a technical fault affecting most of the channels on your TV at the moment. Kindly bear with us as we work on rectifying the problem."

Got that SMS from ZUKU jana. Needless to say since jana no single channel works, no TV in the house, internet is working though and their customer care number goes to a machine that puts you on hold till your credit runs out. Seriously considering reconnecting my DSTV.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
ekahindi
#93 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:50:22 PM

I am thinking of buying the Go tv decoder by DSTV.how is it for those who've subscribed to their services?
Señorita
#94 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:51:44 PM

I completely agree with kularaha and poundfoolish
@the beginning with zuku it's all roses and daisies but once you start having problems it gets uglier and uglier
1. i increased the broadband package but there are no changes on the speed or radius the Internet covers
2. They are so quick to cut you off when the payment is done yet too slow to return the service
For example I paid to be reconnected on Sunday and the week is ending and still they have not returned the services?! I emailed and they said the system is not showing the transaction I sent the details of the payment THRICE and have been calling all day they cannot even deign to reply or pick up the calls, now no credit and no service. What was the point?! this is not the first time paying and they refuse to reconnect until I have to contact them almost every time, shouldn't it be the same when cutting off the connection then?? But this is the straw that broke the camel's back...smh
If you have the chance stay away it is not worth your time or money!!Shame on you
Can't wait 4faiba to join this area goodbye zuku!!!

FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU, FOOL ME TWICE SHAME ON ME
Gathige
#95 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:46:12 AM

@Señorita, most companies are like that. Very welcoming when joining and very lousy thereafter. Good example are banks. When opening an account they are all over you but when there is a problem utajiongelesha.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Gordon Gekko
#96 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:52:54 AM

Señorita wrote:
@the beginning with zuku it's all roses and daisies but once you start having problems it gets uglier and uglier
1. i increased the broadband package but there are no changes on the speed or radius the Internet covers
2. They are so quick to cut you off when the payment is done yet too slow to return the service
For example I paid to be reconnected on Sunday and the week is ending and still they have not returned the services?! I emailed and they said the system is not showing the transaction I sent the details of the payment THRICE and have been calling all day they cannot even deign to reply or pick up the calls, now no credit and no service. What was the point?! this is not the first time paying and they refuse to reconnect until I have to contact them almost every time, shouldn't it be the same when cutting off the connection then?? But this is the straw that broke the camel's back...smh
If you have the chance stay away it is not worth your time or money!!Shame on you

By your own admission, you are a perennial defaulter, why should they treat you like a prince(ss)? I have used zuku for the last couple of years and have not had major issues with them.
keyfanks
#97 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 12:32:45 PM

We were the first to have triple play in our area. They first rolled out internet which was a breather, then came the fibre optic. For first month was chaotic but we stuck with it. The service is fine. I'm planning to switch to the package above premium i.e. 8GB and more premium channels. Stick with it, you will enjoy once they take care of the bugs.

The problem is that they raise capital in the UK and not in Kenya. They raised $50m in the latest round of financing. I'd invest in this company without hesitating. ENJOY
Señorita
#98 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 9:57:27 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Señorita wrote:

By your own admission, you are a perennial defaulter, why should they treat you like a prince(ss)? I have used zuku for the last couple of years and have not had major issues with them.

I am not asking for any royal treatment I pay immediately I find out since I never receive the emails that the service is about to be cut off that's usually after the net is cut off all am asking for is the speed and efficiency they use to cut it off is the same way they should be to reconnect the service once you've paid.It's been a week since I paid and the services haven't been reconnected yet and they are always unavailable as I constantly try to contact them so if that's what you consider royal treatment well your standards are quite low!
washiku
#99 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 10:52:06 AM

I connected my folks on the TV and for about an year now it has been ok. Reconnection after Mpesa payments these days is actually very fast, sometimes within 5 minutes. Maybe they took the feedback from this thread.
mmarto
#100 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:37:21 AM

i have also been with them(internet only) for 3+years. They are OK. I had a problem last week and reported it and their technical team came the following day and fixed it. Twas amazing but...yeah they amazed me.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.