wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages<12345>»
ZUKU - Kenya's worst run company. Avoid at all costs!
Elder
#41 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 10:03:54 AM

Magigi wrote:

...Thanks Elder...I need one for home use. Which option would you recommend?

Using the 4Mbps one and it is more than enough for my home use so would recommend it as I don`t know how the 1Mbps might perform. Their TV is more miss than hit so if you want it then go for the cheapest one to try it out.

If you take a bundle (tv and internet) then they throw in a zuku phone at no cost. The biggest selling point for that now is that you can make free calls to any of your friends who also have zuku phones, which may not be many but still...
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
QW25071985
#42 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 10:31:00 AM

why connect to Zuku poor TV package when with a 1 mbps you can stream millions of TV channels online using Super Internet TV v8.1 Super Premium Edition. Download below and stream all your favourite tv shows online.so far i am loving it, though some channels donot work..

http://www.filesonic.com.../164078461/SIP9.0.0.rar

Magigi
#43 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 11:44:13 AM

Elder wrote:
Magigi wrote:

Using the 4Mbps one and it is more than enough for my home use so would recommend it as I don`t know how the 1Mbps might perform. Their TV is more miss than hit so if you want it then go for the cheapest one to try it out.

If you take a bundle (tv and internet) then they throw in a zuku phone at no cost. The biggest selling point for that now is that you can make free calls to any of your friends who also have zuku phones, which may not be many but still...

...Thanks so much Elder. Barikiwa na watoto kama ishirini na saba hivi!!!
Agra
#44 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 11:45:08 AM

Their Tv aint that bad but speeds are good, their customer care is nothing to write home about but if the office or home is along Ngong road then their support will be of help.
It's easy for investors to get emotional and prejudiced when trading, but computers don't
Magigi
#45 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 11:46:13 AM

QW25071985 wrote:
why connect to Zuku poor TV package when with a 1 mbps you can stream millions of TV channels online using Super Internet TV v8.1 Super Premium Edition. Download below and stream all your favourite tv shows online.so far i am loving it, though some channels donot work..

http://www.filesonic.com.../164078461/SIP9.0.0.rar

@QW25071985]
...Good stuff brother...
QW25071985
#46 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 1:45:48 PM

Elder
#47 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 2:47:36 PM

Magigi wrote:
Elder wrote:
Magigi wrote:

@Magigi in this current world wont that be a curse more than a blessing? smile smile smile
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Magigi
#48 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 3:42:43 PM

Elder wrote:
Magigi wrote:
Elder wrote:
Magigi wrote:

@Magigi in this current world wont that be a curse more than a blessing? smile smile smile

@Eder...Ni mzaha tu!
...That is what my grandmother thinks...Last time I went to see her with my family (two kids) she asked my wife, 'are these the only children you have,' and my wife told her yes. Then she remarked, na mukomaa imwe wi na muemeu?(dou you sleep on the same bed with your husband?....
K22
#49 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:23:55 PM

I received a text from multisat (http://multisat.co.ke/) informing me that i can swap my GTV decoder for free and get hooked up with ZUKU TV via satellite. The offer sounds good.

Anyone with personal experience regarding these? am ready to ditch DSTV!

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man
madhaquer
#50 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 2:43:48 PM

Zuku Satellite is TV only and is actually in the pilot stage. The decoder is different (different encryption system and make), I'm not sure why you need to do a swap since your GTV decoder is pretty useless anyway.
Gordon Gekko
#51 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 6:10:28 PM

K22 wrote:
I received a text from multisat (http://multisat.co.ke/) informing me that i can swap my GTV decoder for free and get hooked up with ZUKU TV via satellite. The offer sounds good.

What about a KU band dish? Do they give that with the decoder or do they assume you already have it?
Kulchaz
#52 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 7:36:34 PM

Zuku Satelite TV Has already hit the market even before Official Launching. Experienced it today at one of their installers in Embu. If You ask me, their Premium package @ 1999 pm is not that bad given that they have content. Their Classic package goes for 999/- pm. Intial cost, I was told, is Kshs 5000. This comes with one month's subscription to all channels!! Thereafter you can choose the package that you want.

All the packages have the following local channel: KBC, NTV, Citizen, Family, K24 and Kiss.

Zuku own channels include: ZUKU Family, ZUKU Comedy, ZUKU Movies, ZUKU Movies +, ZUKU Action, ZUKU Africa and ZUKU sports!!Though this ones are available in the Premium Package.

I hear that they will also be developing a lot of local content leveraging on the Kshs. 5B the just raised from various investors.

If you ask me, this is what scared the hell out of SMART TV that they started giving out free decorders!!

Remember Zuku Satellite Tv is available everywhere in over 12 countries including Somalia and not just in Nairobi only as the case of SMART TV!

All in all, these guys have got over 70 Channels.

For more info http://multisat.co.ke/644/zuku-tv/
bird_man
#53 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:20:59 PM

Anyone tried Zuku Satelite TV??
I watched it for an hour somewhere & I think I loved it.Super clear.
Anyone with bad reviews?
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Antony_Mburu
#54 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 9:14:34 AM

i have been using zuku for about two years, i heavily relay on the Internet for my professional work. I AM SATISFIED with their services, besides there are quite affordable compared to what safaricom charges. am using the lowest package wireless 256kbps. only for KES 2000 per month. smile am a happy customer
chumachumz
#55 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 12:45:47 AM

Look at my zuku connection speed tests results. I think its on steroids.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1371165944.png

Dowloading a 1 GB movie is like copying a 1kb file.. smile
QW25071985
#56 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:32:06 AM

chumachumz wrote:

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! . please give us more information about the connection you have e.g its cost, is it fiber optic, any fancy equipment ...
Kulchaz
#57 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:04:57 PM

Impressive!! @ Chumachumz, give us more details as requested by QW25071985
Mpenzi
#58 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:44:01 PM

chumachumz wrote:

Details please,installation costs, monthly charge etc
fufurusha
#59 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:47:45 PM

Zuku internet is okay for home use.
I've had the connection since late last year and:
1. I get the speed I pay for
2. Downtime is rare (usually I just restart the wimax box)
3. Price is reasonable (They've bumped it up twice (+500x2)) over the past year
4. Don't worry about bundles anymore
For business, I think you are better off with Access or Safaricom
Njung'e
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:48:43 PM

K22 wrote:

True that.You surrender your GTV plus 4K cash and you are good to go.Actually,the 4K becomes two months subscription....still mulling!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.