wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages123>»
ZUKU - Kenya's worst run company. Avoid at all costs!
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 8:45:01 PM

So I have Zuku tv. Doesn't work properly, issues with signal and sound.

Have called customer disservice severally, so rude, tell me something wrong with my decoder.

Took the decoder there, found nothing wrong, said they will come over to see what issue is.

Have called maybe 30 times now, even saw technicians one road and offered kitu kidogo but they never come!

Avoid at all costs, rude Indian expats, ruder Kenyans, dumb customer service, just an overall lousy experience.

Save your money, drinking beer may be more productive!!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Cardinal
#2 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 9:32:22 PM

Thanks for this info bwana chairman
poundfoolish
#3 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 10:21:34 PM

Sadly i have to co-sign KulaRaha's comments.

Surely what is wrong with Zuku? If i could do a quick analysis of the company.. seems to me like they only hired technicians and a sales team (which now works as customer care) and thats it.. there is no management and coordination in my honest opinion..
How else do you as a customer get your calls hanged up on, ignored or unending promises of 'we are working on it'...

They provide less bandwidth than they are supposed to, fail to send you invoices, but are very quick to disconnect, untill you pay...

BOGUS!!!!
Gordon Gekko
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:35:25 AM

I have the internet. Its not wireless, the cable runs right into the house. I have had it down only once, for a full two weeks - in that time, countless calls to customer service were a waste of time. It was finally resolved when I called the sales girl who sold it to me and promised to upgrade to TV if she got it fixed - she got it fixed and I never upgraded to tvLaughing out loudly .

@poundfoolish, I get my bills by email, they have never been late, infact they come a full two weeks before due date. My problem was with payments, had to pay only at their offices, a damn inconvenience. They have since told me that they have an mpesa business number - 320320, I intend to try it next month.
anasazi
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:14:13 AM

I'm on Zuku cable at home. Works well coz I also took the least TV option... Has not troubled me much, and the speeds are blazing.

I think the problem with Zuku is problem resolution. Once you have a major issue, kwisha wewe. Someone I know had a problem and getting it resolved was just problematic! I hope I dont get to face those issues!
Form is temporary, class is permanent
tassia
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:32:18 AM

I do not know how much you guys pay for zuku internet but I am with Access Kenya home package. Some people say that it is expensive. I haven't compared with others.

The reason I said I will not move form Access Kenya is their customer support. It's been a long time since I had and issue and if I have one, One telephone call or an email will resolve it in minutes.

I am very particular with customer service and I have a feeling not many companies in Kenya comes closer to Access Kenya when it comes to customer service.
FundamentAli
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:48:21 AM

These Zuku guys have pulled the cables to my place. I told them I will sign up once they demonstrate live (there and then with my laptop) that their system is up and running. Ihave not seen anyone since. Uncoordinated and poor on followup.
Elder
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:45:01 AM

Got their internet cable and it is working great. Would recommend it to anyone who needs good internet. It is cheap too. Was tempted to pick their tv too but going by the comments here I am glad I did not.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
KenyanLyrics
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:01:26 AM

This is not the first time I've heard such complaints about Zuku's customer service. And by the way, I've tested many Zuku connections, and they're not as fast as people hype them up to be. Fastest connection I've seen in Kenya is Sovaya Broadband
SAC Cohen
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:28:07 AM

Speak to Ruth Muturi on 3292000. if you dont get through to her or cant be sorted out, call 3292109 (thats the PA to the COO) and escalate.
DEEBO
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:47:54 AM

I have one of their fibre bundles (4Mbps net and 82 TV channels) all for less than Shs.4000 a month. The net speeds are very good. The TV channels are not as good as DSTV's bouquet but it works for me. I got the equipment for free (wireless cable modem and a HD PVR - DSTV sells a similar PVR for Shs. 39,000). Plus they waived their installation charges for me. All in all, I'm one very happy customer Dancing
luttz
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:51:22 AM

Got Zuku wireless, working fine since installation. I had wanted to install Access Kenya wireless but I used the only finance knowledge that I know (counting money) and opted for Zuku. Annually I save more than 30k, not too bad. Bills are emailed on time, payments done by Mpesa. So far, no reason to complain or to think of an alternative.
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
Burning Spear
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:02:49 PM

Thats good info @KulaRaha,

lets shame all these companies that are not giving us value for our money
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
KulaRaha
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:09:45 PM

SAC Cohen wrote:
Speak to Ruth Muturi on 3292000. if you dont get through to her or cant be sorted out, call 3292109 (thats the PA to the COO) and escalate.

Both those numbers are like calling Safcom custoemr service...hold hold hold hold hold hold oh pls hold hold hold...

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
poundfoolish
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:27:38 PM

The guys praising Zuku must be newly connected..It was a beautiful days of marriage bliss in the beginning for me too untill tulipozoeana.....

Ngoja shida zianze.. mutaitana

Youll even climb ontop of trees trying to get them to act
grolut
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:46:52 PM

KenyanLyrics wrote:
This is not the first time I've heard such complaints about Zuku's customer service. And by the way, I've tested many Zuku connections, and they're not as fast as people hype them up to be. Fastest connection I've seen in Kenya is Sovaya Broadband

What is the speed and pricing of the Sovaya package? I might switch, currently I'm just using an Orange 3G+ modem and the speeds average 560kbps during the day and 1.36mbps at night.

Edit: That's at 3,800/= a month.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
KenyanLyrics
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:24:11 PM

Sovaya speeds are in that region as well, and so is the price. The main difference with Sovaya is that those are the actual speeds that you see while downloading. They don't bring for you wordy excuses about how the connection is shared, and other bla bla bla nonsense
alma
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:13:36 AM

My experience with zuku is simply this.

In one office it is horrible, in another it is brilliant.

one customer care rep is brilliant, then there is this lady on the 1st floor Loita house who is just horrible. She actually told a client in line that if the client wasn't happy, he could move.

Absolutely pathetic. Of course we gave her a piece of our mind.

If zuku management can read this, they should get in touch before I get her name and mention it here.

My advice to everyone before you get internet connection. Go to the neighbour and test their connection. Stick with the provider that the neighbours are using.

If there is a tree outside your house, stick to safaricom as these tech guys have never found a solution to the "kuna miti in your area" problem.

My guess is that zuku management not customer support in their is the worst in the world. One guy at their head office on mombasa road is said to be the customer care honcho or biggest kahuna.

someone complained that he could find no satisfaction.

When the client asked for who was the next in line to complain to, the fellow said, NO ONE. In other words, he has the biggest b---s at zuku.

Having said that, in areas where they don't have trees around, it works better than any internet service provider in kenya and you can take that to the bank.

That's my story and I will stick by it.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
poundfoolish
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:34:26 AM

@alma

im using the fibre and its horrible compared to the bliss its supposed to spread...
ProverB
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:51:36 AM

thanx for the headsup kularaha.. smile fortunate to know before signing up.
anyway.. is zuku reading this? potential market chipper!
..Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven...Matt5:16
- 1769 Oxford King James Bible 'Authorized Version