wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Growing Eucalyptus Trees
benjackie
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:25:49 PM

Injere wrote:
Great information guys - just wanted to check, has anyone sold these eucalyptus trees in bulk for timber and how much can i hope to make from one acre of mature eucalyptus trees in this manner? Is there a likelihood that the market is getting flooded?

I have someone offering me a few acres that are packed with these trees at a bargain price.

Injere...what is the offer...am looking for this poles..and where are they?

Injere
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:15:56 PM

@benjackie - these are in Nyandarua. I have moved to acquire the farm on offer from the "distressed seller" and from the look of it, it seems he has overplanted. These are already 3-4year trees - i am a timber investor so i will be doing some thinning out. If you want za mjengo, then we have chat.
karqui
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:38:03 AM

Barrywhite wrote:

@ Lolest. Thanks alot.The more trees you buy, the higher the discount you can bargain. I bought the 4800 trees at 25/- per tree. I dont need to establish customers at this point yet; when the trees are mature l will establish a base on some 1/8 of an acre in Kitengela l have; and employ a few guys to walk around construction sites and have the trees hired. The rate lately is 80/- per tree per month (it takes 28 days for a slab to cure). Any delays on the developer is charged at 10/- per day. Minimum spacing for the trees next to the boundary of your plot is 2m; minimum space for the rest is 1m. The 2m is given so the branches dont cross over into your neighbours plot.

@bwenyenye. I just called their office and booked an appointment. For the three visits l made their, l kept getting different officers; so l didnt particularly take anyone's number. Their office line is 0722157414.

I have a buddy doing this with 3000 poles; and rakes in 200k a month around ngong area. His second crop is nearly maturing. Hope the above info is of help to you folks!

@barry, thanks for the good info.Around how many seedlings will be planted in an acre of land and with what spacings.This is goining to help with costings.I'll really appreciate your advice.Pray Pray Pray Pray

bhaveshkeromatt@gmail.com
#24 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 2:17:13 PM

Guys check out www.kefri.org
They recently launched a booklet on tree growing in Kenya.
has all the details including cost, spacing, suitable area and financial gain.
It has helped me a lot.
Mukhoma
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:22:21 AM

Shame on you , given a chance i'll not advice anybody tp plant these eucalyptus trees,the late Prof.Waangari was righ to have called it a dead forest.Once you have it growing, nothing else grows underneath these trees and it consumes alot of water from the ground
Lolest!
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:19:14 PM

Mukhoma wrote:
Shame on you , given a chance i'll not advice anybody tp plant these eucalyptus trees,the late Prof.Waangari was righ to have called it a dead forest.Once you have it growing, nothing else grows underneath these trees and it consumes alot of water from the ground

Thought people get clones from Kenya Forests Service which do not consume a lot of water?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kamundu
#27 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 4:08:17 PM

Growing eucalyptus trees destroys the environment. period. There are other indigenous trees that one can invest in for timber.
Peace in our Homeland.
Magigi
#28 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 11:30:47 AM

@Barrywhite...How are your trees doing? Any that dried up...Lessons etc...Please share!
Xymalos
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:28:05 PM

Magigi wrote:
@Barrywhite...How are your trees doing? Any that dried up...Lessons etc...Please share!

Anybody willing to share their experiences growing Eucalyptus species? How long did it take the trees to mature, especially in highland areas? What was the selling price of mature trees? Does use of farm yard manure/fertilizer enhance maturity? Any regrets with planting/investing in eucalyptus? I am about to plant 5 acres, have read all publications by KEFRI and Tree biotechnology Center - but looking for real experiences from people who have planted these trees
Dkgitau
#30 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 2:57:32 PM

Also very interested in learning from others the current potential for a large scale Eucalyptus farm (upwards of 30 acres) in a high potential area such as our highlands. i.e. Is it worth the investment to lease land for Eucalyptus farming? 10 year time horizon.
Mtublack
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 04, 2017 1:30:10 PM

need help Anybody who have heard of people who harvest sap from eucalyptus trees for export or these are characters who are trying to con me and waste my time
does the sap have any known use
Some you win some you lose
Chaka
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 04, 2017 2:22:19 PM

LOL,how does the sap look like?If it was gum Arabic(from the Acacia tree) or say boswelia(for frankincense),or even aloe gel,that would make sense..
Mtublack wrote:
need help Anybody who have heard of people who harvest sap from eucalyptus trees for export or these are characters who are trying to con me and waste my time

Mtublack
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 04, 2017 2:32:56 PM

Chaka wrote:
LOL,how does the sap look like?If it was gum Arabic(from the Acacia tree) or say boswelia(for frankincense),or even aloe gel,that would make sense..
Mtublack wrote:

d'oh! honestly its seems like a con, guys want to harvest from my trees, will pay upfront good money but want to meet with me we work out the details am on look out at what point they will ask for money so that's not the issue but I don't want to waste my day traveling for nothing but am not very expert in tree products and their use that's why i brought it here
Chaka
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 04, 2017 4:44:25 PM

What if these guys just want to know where the trees are..and then they go there later and harvest at night(well not quite)but you get my drift?

Mtublack wrote:

d'oh! honestly its seems like a con, guys want to harvest from my trees, will pay upfront good money but want to meet with me we work out the details am on look out at what point they will ask for money so that's not the issue but I don't want to waste my day traveling for nothing but am not very expert in tree products and their use that's why i brought it here

Mtublack
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 04, 2017 5:11:49 PM

[quote=Chaka]What if these guys just want to know where the trees are..and then they go there later and harvest at night(well not quite)but you get my drift?

they have already been there to access but have somebody there so no worries there.