wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

MEDIA, HAGUE, TENSION
marimari
#1 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 7:38:28 AM

I think the media is a big cause of the "tension" they are all saying in the news.
I believe there is no tension ama there is?
Quote:
The Sky is not the limit but the foundation of Heaven
Quote:
..........Marimari
ecstacy
#2 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 10:51:46 AM

marimari wrote:
I think the media is a big cause of the "tension" they are all saying in the news.
I believe there is no tension ama there is?

True. "Reporting from Eldoret" as they replay PEV scenes and insults between UK, WR and RAO.
Intelligentsia
#3 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 11:22:25 AM

I agree,they just never learnt from their role in PEV.
Yesterday I thought WR's answer that the charges...'are like a movie', are more calcutaed to play to the gallery and his audience back home rather than address the cahrges he faces.

Mpaka, although a believer in media freedom, I sometimes find myself wishing there was no media access to the proceedings
Njung'e
#4 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 11:30:14 AM

@Intelli,
That was so pathetic of WR and Sang........Arrogance in this instance can only send very wrong signals to the judges.....But i must commend old man Kosgey.He bahaved like a gentleman.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
For Sport
#5 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 11:31:23 AM

We have a very irresponsible media.
Do they understand their role here?
What's the "news" or "information" value of some of these broadcasts we keep getting bombarded with. There's little they're telling us that we dont already know. so its NOT news. They will cause whatever tension they're talking about.
FundamentAli
#6 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 12:01:00 PM

This is a case of excessive publicity. There must be an intention for all of this. Media council should step in.
rasilio
#7 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 12:33:15 PM

There is no media in Kenya. Period.

I sometimes wonder if they aren't setting up these hague fellows by constantly concentrating on their negative comments. The media in Kenya to me is the epitome of impunity.

They report anything they want with the excuse of media freedom. I have traveled most of the country this week and there is no tension. There are hot opinions but no one is thinking of going to the streets because of these 6.

As for the bravado on show in the courtrooms.

Milosevic was the most arrogant suspect and he died there.

My experience with smiling mzungus is that they can hang you as they are smiling with you. Remove drama in your courtroom appearances and let your lawyers do the talking. This is free advice. Let your supporters talk and you keep mum just like Kosgei. Until you land at JKIA.
famooz
#8 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 12:53:56 PM

Media in Kenya is a letdown. But again i guess they think that is what Kenyans want to watch. I think we need an alternative. A media house that concentrates on other issues apart from politics........every house now is a duplicate of the other.....
McReggae
#9 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 12:53:59 PM

Njung'e wrote:
@Intelli,
That was so pathetic of WR and Sang........Arrogance in this instance can only send very wrong signals to the judges.....But i must commend old man Kosgey.He bahaved like a gentleman.

Ruto was actually humbled; political grandstanding and chest-thumbing has no place in the Hague..... The movie has just began and is set to be a block-buster,action packed thriller....
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
YesuWangu
#10 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 1:45:06 PM

McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
@Intelli,

Ruto was actually humbled; political grandstanding and chest-thumbing has no place in the Hague..... The movie has just began and is set to be a block-buster,action packed thriller....

Thriller...adequately predicted and captured....playing to grassroots gallery....

carygoh
#11 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 2:31:03 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
@Intelli,

Thriller...adequately predicted and captured....playing to grassroots gallery....

Sad
Think Positive Test Negative
marimari
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 5:47:26 PM

Then what can we do as aggrieved as we are?
We stop watching news and do cartoons!
Quote:
The Sky is not the limit but the foundation of Heaven
Quote:
..........Marimari
arapsonkot
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2011 11:11:53 PM

Remember media houses are in business and their productions are based on demand they are just giving us what we want hear so Stop whining
Sent from my iPad" is the new "Haters gonna hate".
For Sport
#14 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:14:52 AM

arapsonkot wrote:
Remember media houses are in business and their productions are based on demand they are just giving us what we want hear so Stop whining

Speak for yourself
Dash
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:30:16 PM

On the positive side, am glad the media has shown us some sides of politicians I never knew existed. Case in point uhuru kenyatta and his enourmous bile and anger. Overplaying it though is a tad bit overboard.
Ngalaka
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:56:48 PM

For Sport wrote:
arapsonkot wrote:

Speak for yourself

Nay, it is in order to make an observation of the entire Kenyan society appetites.

News are popular. Thats why ads at that time are most expensive.
Media house feed us on what we want - talking wholesale.
It is probable that some individuals dont like certain news items but then...

I have heard some friends of mine say that news are not worth the time if Raila is not featured!!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu