wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
EQUITY BANK SUSPENDED AS A CDA
stockyt
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:43:00 AM

But imagine some brokers are taking upto 3 months to pay up after you sell shares and this is where equity CDA will beat them hands down,if the NSE low turnover continues.
Donedeal
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:02:00 AM

@Stockyt,you guyz just don't get it,without Brokers EB can't trade jerk! Mwangi might as well swallow his words and invest in a Brokerage.....thats if they agree to admit him.

The opportunities lie in the challenge. Go for the challenge.
ecstacy
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:06:00 AM

For sure we have some clowns in the CDSC board. After that debacle yesterday,their actions will continue to come under close scrutiny. At the end of the day,they were overruled...
BAAK
#44 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:59:00 AM

Guys,I must be allowed to BUY shares on whichever day I want,at the price I want. If someone puts stumbling blocks along the way for whatever reason,then that would be a violation of my individual rights. And that&rsquo;s why we have CMA. Otherwise the law Courts are there as well.
Donedeal
#45 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 10:59:00 AM

@ecstacy,'clowns at CDSC' indeed. EB may have worn the battle but the war is far from over. The sooner the EB fanatics snap out of denial and stop blaming everybody else for EB woes the better. The clown here must definately be Mwangi,did you watch him last night? He reminded me of a boy caught with hands in a cookie jar......Since when did banks fight for the cause of the poor? Mwangi please,give us a break!

ecstacy
#46 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 2:42:00 PM

Its like some revel at any Equity bank counter issue..unfortunately for such,when you follow the rules governing this market,no one has a problem - http://www.bdafrica.com/...d=13954&Itemid=5812
stockyt
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2009 9:04:00 PM

@Donedeal]

Brokers without enough financial muscle are all going to be edged out soon,all of them will have to ally with financial powerhouses to survive.

but i do agree that in light of latest issues,equity better buyout a broker for the longrun. as for trading,i dont think some of them can afford to turn away equity's business even at 30%. truth is that many of them are so desperate-no business.

Donedeal
#48 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 11:39:00 AM

@stockyt. I&rsquo;ll have know the NSE is a Ltd Liability Company who&rsquo;s majority share holders are,you guessed right,the SB&rsquo;s. The fact that they are financially weaker does not mean they'll just sit pretty and watch as EB run&rsquo;s away with a company they built since the &lsquo;50&rsquo;s. How they go about ensuring this doesn't happen is a story for another day.

Secondly,a number of banks,as a matter of fact,own Stock Broking firms and they would be more than happy to edge EB out of the business by 'any means necessary'. My message to you is; bail out while you can cause a bruising battle will by no means aid in pushing north EB share!

Mainat
#49 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 12:12:00 PM

SBs may win the short-term battle,but will almost certainly lose the war. FACT.

www.mjengakenya.blogspot.com
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Donedeal
#50 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 1:22:00 PM

Only time will tell,my brother,time will tell. But i wouldn't be caught dead with EB share during the battle.....for obvious reasons.

Kwanini
#51 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:31:00 AM

If i was EB,i would be careful the the brokers. EB must act like the magician,not a bi

2. EB champions for the poor. Duh! tell that to the birds. Every bank is out to make money.

3. Why not join the SBs by acquiring one of them cooperative bank way?

4. When the political mafioso is gone... EBi will be alone....crying with one eye...

'I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.'-Invictus
"For i am the master and the captain of my fate"
mukiha
#52 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:13:00 PM

@Kwanini

kwanini una-suggest that Equity survives because of political patronage?
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.