wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Transcentury 2010 profit up 99 pc
muganda
#1 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 8:33:16 PM

Okay okay good job with 100% growth. I was always a skeptic but happy to be corrected.

Although they need to remember to release results even when they do badly. I do not remember seeing 2009 results broadcast - very quiet affair.

Does this mean future is bright for Centum?

http://www.nation.co.ke/busines...1006/1134564/-/tl0je0/-/
For Sport
#2 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 8:40:22 PM

Well, they're planning to list. Which means they MUST show good results.

http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=10981

I'm so biased I'm waiting for someone to explain why the 100% growth aint real
Sober
#3 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 10:11:28 PM

profits jumped to 468 million for the period ended December 2010 from Sh234 million.
this company is to list at teh bourse within the year, read source for funds from the public.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
For Sport
#4 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 10:27:42 PM

erifloss
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:47:10 AM

Looking at the Financial statements, i am sure that these guys are cashing out. Reasons:
1. At a price of around 35 at the OTC with an EPS of 1.29, the share is at a p/e of around 27 & with a div of 0.20 a yield of 1%. They do know it is overpriced in this kind of a market. I presume the div will be paid out of div received from EACBL(Note EACBL's good payout though profits declined)
2.Profits from operating activities only increased by 22% while PBT by 20%. Can't buy when the operational profit & PBT only increase by that much at the above p/e.
3. This is the part where it starts getting funny coz Income tax reduces from 292M to 162M making the PAT go up by a significant 99.7%.
4.What makes the EPS grow from 0.34 to 1.29 is on other comprehensive incomes:
- Revaluation of PPE up 62%
- Net change in fair value of available for sale financial assets up 627% (Unrealised)
- Available for sale released on disposal of quoted shares up 3,824%
- Exchange diff on translation of subsidiaries up 976% (Unrealised.RVR, kewberg,Tanelec, Cableries du Congo & Avery are also not a quoted companies(i stand corrected) & i'd love to see their financials)
- other comprehensive income up 410%
- Total comprehensive income up 266%
Keenly look at where the leap in EPS has come from!
5. Part of their special resolution reads:' That the following be considered and, if thought fit, passed as a SPECIAL RESOLUTION:
“That the Board be authorised to establish an equity participation programme for the management, with a view to
aligning management with the long term interests of shareholders, and that 10% of the authorised but unissued
share capital of the Company be reserved for this purpose, subject to the requisite regulatory approvals”.'
Is this part of ESOP or is it for CMA regulations of ensuring existing shareholders don't leave the company hanging.

With all of the above i'm awaiting to see how the interested public are going to make money off the share and how i can be convinced that these guys are not cashing out in any way
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
harris
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:08:51 AM

great profit margin by these guys and they are interested in upgrading the railway which is a really bold move and might as well be a wise one . Applause
mwanahisa
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:52:14 AM

TCL results are just "Smoke and mirrors" or should I call it "vapourware". With an EPS of 1.29 and dividend of 20 cts, this share will crash from the OTC price of 35 to the 10 - 15 range when it is listed, and that is if they bring it real quick before the market heads further down!
erifloss
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:05:26 AM

harris wrote:
great profit margin by these guys and they are interested in upgrading the railway which is a really bold move and might as well be a wise one . Applause

Harris, read in between the lines. Astronomical profits on unrealised gains. Even while using DCF analysis and a risk free rate of around 8% on the 25b to be raised for RVR, i see no future earnings optimization coz for me i don't see RVR'S earnings going up by double digit growth.
'They say money cannot buy me happiness but when i compare when i had none and now, i'm happier' Kevin O'leary
Agra
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:43:36 PM

This is a bait to lure guys in buying when they list RVR and other of their investments are doing badly, this is another eveready.
It's easy for investors to get emotional and prejudiced when trading, but computers don't
selah
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:08:06 PM

@agra RVR is a very good cash cow if well managed TCL and citandel might turn around this company and I see a bright future if its well managed.

TCL has invested in I think Helios a very successful african fund not forgetting their investments in engineering sectors i.e electrical items like transformers and conductors.

I presume the reason they are listing might, apart from raising funds, help existing shareholders with an avenue to exit the business whenever they feel like it, case in point the family of the director who passed away last year might want to divest from the company so the best way the family can get a true value of the shareholding is thru the NSE.

'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Genghis Khan
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:44:31 AM

selah wrote:
@agra RVR is a very good cash cow if well managed TCL and citandel might turn around this company and I see a bright future if its well managed.

TCL has invested in I think Helios a very successful african fund not forgetting their investments in engineering sectors i.e electrical items like transformers and conductors.

I presume the reason they are listing might, apart from raising funds, help existing shareholders with an avenue to exit the business whenever they feel like it, case in point the family of the director who passed away last year might want to divest from the company so the best way the family can get a true value of the shareholding is thru the NSE.

Is the company raising capital by issuing new capital or are existing shareholders selling some of their shares?

I think its the latter, I may be wrong.

If indeed shareholders are "selling" and thus diluting their shareholding, do I want to get in when they are getting out?

Which shareholders are cashing in?

What amounts respectively?

Why?
Maybe the business may loose some GoK goodwill whe Kibaki retires... how much, I don't know.

If it is mostly the family of the late Chairman James Gachui then fine... still that is not a good reason to list... the other wazees can more easily raise the capital (to pay out Gachui's beneficiaries) themselves or let in private investors into the "cash cow". I'm sure if they wanted they could get one or two billionaires from their social circles to get in... Jimnah Mbaru is an Investment Banker!!!!!

On the flip side taxes for public companies are lower so i guess that is incentive.

I cannot discount @erifloss's dire opinion... infact I agree with him... this one smells fishy... these guys need to do a press release after that postLaughing out loudly !
"I'd rather be lucky than clever... every time!" - ME
"The problem is not what we don't know... it's what we know for sure that just ain't!" - MARK TWAIN
"Space we can recover... time never!" - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE